12 year old allstars

[quote name="line drive" post="815626" timestamp="1278016870"]
Select coaches have done far worse pngpurple!!  The umpires expect them to question calls.  Oh no one charged the plate or the DA was never ignored.  You got the wrong info
[/quote]
I wasn't referring to questioning a call. I was referring to his actions after he was ejected. He was completely ignoring authority by sticking around when he was supposed to leave the area.What exactly is that teaching the kids? As far as questioning a call..isn't that the job of the head coach?

[quote name="line drive" post="815634" timestamp="1278020821"]
[quote author=jasper_ump link=topic=70574.msg815471#msg815471 date=1277934569]
I was an eye witness to the events in Jasper and Beaumont, I don't believe there is another side.
[/quote]

Wow what game were you at?  Even the crowed was cheering for the coach! 
[/quote]

The Jasper crowd, no doubt.      ::)

[quote name="line drive" post="815634" timestamp="1278020821"]
[quote author=jasper_ump link=topic=70574.msg815471#msg815471 date=1277934569]
I was an eye witness to the events in Jasper and Beaumont, I don't believe there is another side.
[/quote]

Wow what game were you at?  Even the crowed was cheering for the coach! 
[/quote]

So the crowd is now the litmus test for when something is right and wrong. That is kind of scary.

i am a board member from Buna, and i was witness to a coach from Buna being ejected from an all star game in Kountze that at no time questioned the call, raised his voice or left the dugout..But the umpire in question appeared to have a vendetta against Buna, it was apparent  prior to the start of the game.. with his demeanor and attitude he had towards the Buna coaches. Upon the ejection the Buna coach left the field and went straight to the parking lot...no qustions asked..but it brings up a point of "when" is it proper to eject someone from a game...any umpire can have hard feelings for a league , a coach or player.. So the coach is punished by being removed from the game and missing 2 more games..but what happens to the umpire when he is in the wrong and abuses his authority...nothing!  because they fall under the catagory of we are never wrong!  I feel all volunteer umpires should be monitored while umpiring a game especially an all star game..and it needs to be done by someone whom the umpires wouldnt know..I know the coach from Jasper, have coached against him,  and it is very possible he run across one of those umps who abuses their power, and made the situation worse, as in the case in Kountze..but as i stated earlier nothing happens to the ump. only the coach.

[quote name="exmarine1980" post="815660" timestamp="1278026240"]
i am a board member from Buna, and i was witness to a coach from Buna being ejected from an all star game in Kountze that at no time questioned the call, raised his voice or left the dugout..But the umpire in question appeared to have a vendetta against Buna, it was apparent  prior to the start of the game.. with his demeanor and attitude he had towards the Buna coaches. Upon the ejection the Buna coach left the field and went straight to the parking lot...no qustions asked..but it brings up a point of "when" is it proper to eject someone from a game...any umpire can have hard feelings for a league , a coach or player.. So the coach is punished by being removed from the game and missing 2 more games..but what happens to the umpire when he is in the wrong and abuses his authority...nothing!  because they fall under the catagory of we are never wrong!  I feel all volunteer umpires should be monitored while umpiring a game especially an all star game..and it needs to be done by someone whom the umpires wouldnt know..I know the coach from Jasper, have coached against him,  and it is very possible he run across one of those umps who abuses their power, and made the situation worse, as in the case in Kountze..but as i stated earlier nothing happens to the ump. only the coach.
[/quote]
I too have seen umpires who come out looking for a fight,  It's rare, but it happens.  However, I have to say that I have serious doubts about your story.  I just don't believe that a coach got tossed for doing absolutely nothing.  Not calling you a liar, but I think you missed something.

I agree that umpires need evaluation as well as coaches. Being evaluated only helps you get better. The main problem in our part of the state is that due to parent and coach abuse there is a severe umpire shortage. The district has a policy of not letting local umpires call for there own teams. Jasper umpires cannot call a jasper game...west end umpires cannot call a west end game. Since the umpires are volunteers, they do not get paid and they also drive to the games they call on their own dime. They are true volunteers. Many call High School games during the season, but some are just dads that umpire Little League games. Training is sometimes not great as well. It is up to each umpire to make sure that he knows the rules and knows how to enforce them.

At the game is question, the umpires were some of the best in our area. The plate umpire is an umpire trainer who has umpired Little League Baseball and Softball for many years. He will actually be calling in the Little League Softball World Series this year.

Some umpires might have a vendetta, but I cannot speak for them. Most umpires do it for the love of the game and really do not care who wins. As arbiters of the game, the position of umpire is one that demands respect and his or her judgment is law during a game. Have you watched the World Cup and seen how many mistakes those professionals make?

The case in question in Jasper was one where two umpires made conflicting calls. They made things right in the best way that they could after the call. Sometimes it is hard to make things right in a way that make both teams 100% happy.

Once again, regardless of the call...the coach was wrong for what he did and his actions that followed his initial action. That is the point of all of this. The coach, since he was the assistant should have never argued...if he would have done what his position on the team called him to do and let the head coach take care of his own business none of this would have happened

:P      The coach in Jasper took his punishment and knows that he didn't act they way he should have. But anyone who has ever coached or played knows also how easy it is to get caught up in the moment and its those coaches who display those type of emotions that always seem to be in the championships. So to that coach in Jasper I understand what you are going through and just continue to guide your 12yrs old all star team all the way. We still support, love, and appreciate all that you do for our boy's . People are always going to try and knock you but thats the price you pay when you are on the top.

Guest Yo Gabba
Wow are you serious???? You honestly feel it ok for the Jasper coach to blatently disregard a ruling by a District Admin. be asked to leave a game he is not supposed to be at, then sneak to the back field and watch the game, all the while on his cell phone to people in attendance to the game, and then when he gets caught doing that you complain that he is being treated unfairly.......

[quote name="Yo Gabba" post="816547" timestamp="1278511016"]
Wow are you serious???? You honestly feel it ok for the Jasper coach to blatently disregard a ruling by a District Admin. be asked to leave a game he is not supposed to be at, then sneak to the back field and watch the game, all the while on his cell phone to people in attendance to the game, and then when he gets caught doing that you complain that he is being treated unfairly.......
[/quote]

your info is so wrong yo gabba!!!  You need the truth before you pass judgement!!!!

i was at the game watching, when the play accoured that started all of this contaversy. ive had my fare share of run ins with umpires and even the jasper coaches in question. but the coaches were not  wrong in this instance. in my opinion the jasper 2nd baseman did pick the ball clean. and when coaches put as much time and effort into a team as these two guys do. you expect umpires to get the calls correct.when an important game is on the line, it is easy to get caught up in the moment i agree, but for everyone that sais , no one should act this way in front of kids , remember this, in the front of the little league book is an "agenda" for lack of better words. that sais a main goal of l.l. is to teach kids to be winners....you do not become a winner by letting anyone bully over you, umpire, coach, who ever..now did the coach take it to far when he disobeyed the d.a. at the next game???? probably so , but i would have tried the same thing to watch my kid play!!!! no other reason than that...im sure he didnt do it  just to be a rebel...but for his kid....and one more thing from a coaches perspective...at some point when things arent going your way, coaches will let umpires have it, just to show the parent, and the players that they are his #1 priority...hes doing everything he can to back his guys up...sorry if you dont like it when coaches get into it with blue..but you better get used to it because its part of baseball!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="playhard11" post="816677" timestamp="1278552888"]
i was at the game watching, when the play accoured that started all of this contaversy. ive had my fare share of run ins with umpires and even the jasper coaches in question. but the coaches were not  wrong in this instance. in my opinion the jasper 2nd baseman did pick the ball clean. and when coaches put as much time and effort into a team as these two guys do. you expect umpires to get the calls correct.when an important game is on the line, it is easy to get caught up in the moment i agree, but for everyone that sais , no one should act this way in front of kids , remember this, in the front of the little league book is an "agenda" for lack of better words. that sais a main goal of l.l. is to teach kids to be winners....you do not become a winner by letting anyone bully over you, umpire, coach, who ever..now did the coach take it to far when he disobeyed the d.a. at the next game???? probably so , but i would have tried the same thing to watch my kid play!!!! no other reason than that...im sure he didnt do it  just to be a rebel...but for his kid....and one more thing from a coaches perspective...at some point when things arent going your way, coaches will let umpires have it, just to show the parent, and the players that they are his #1 priority...hes doing everything he can to back his guys up...sorry if you dont like it when coaches get into it with blue..but you better get used to it because its part of baseball!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Playhard, you are entitled to your opinion.  But it is not a part of little league to question a judgment call.  You can politely ask if the umpire will ask for help on the call, but that's it.  If you want to quote the rules, then quote the ones that are pertinent in this case.  When the umpire makes a judgment call, it's over.  Move on to the next play.  That's what the kids and parents need to learn.  I'm betting that you have never seen an umpire change his call just because some coach got in his face.  Am I right?

Guest Yo Gabba
Line drive How am I wrong when I was there and saw WITH MY EYES what happend????  The truth is what I saw. I saw him be asked, no I am sorry TOLD, by the District Administrator to leave the West End fields because he was suspended, then I watched with my eyes as he walked off, then I saw WITH MY EYES him get caught AGAIN by the DA hiding on the Minor league field watching the game, and he was told that he blatently disregareded a rule and a letter would be sent to little league international. Now he is suspended again where if he would have followed the rules ( wow there is a stretch for you) then this whole incident would be behind him. But of course he is above the rules or so he thinks.

[/quote]what a load!!! i can smell it from here.

Guest Yo Gabba
[/quote]

Do you become a winner by being ejected for 2 games. Or by being made to leave the field in the middle of a game when your kids are depending on you?  Coaches will let umpires have it in college or major league but this is little league, the umpires are getting paid the same amount the coaches are which is nothing. I have NO idea what "Agenda" you are talking about but I can tell you that in the front of the Little League baseball playing rules it CLEARLY states under [b]General Information Purpose of Little League Baseball that Little League is a program of service to youth. It is geared to provide an outlet of healthful activity and trainging under GOOD LEADERSHIP in the atmosphere of wholesome community particiation. The movement is dedicated to helping children become good and decent citizens.[/b]

It is really a shame that most of you cant see that the Jasper coach was taking up for his kids just like if some one was doing your kid wrong and hopefully you would take up for them just like he was because it was a bad call and he took up for his kids and by the way he is such a good coach and has trained his kids so well and they know what he expects that he doesnt have to be there for them to win district 12 championships and he is a great coach and he stands behind his kids 110% and they know that and they respect him for that and always will for years to come and i have no problem with him coaching any child of mine anytime. And If your child was playing a championship game would you not try your best to see him, like you people have never broken a rule or a law, not likely.

[quote name="baseballrocks" post="817480" timestamp="1278817639"]
It is really a shame that most of you cant see that the Jasper coach was taking up for his kids just like if some one was doing your kid wrong and hopefully you would take up for them just like he was because it was a bad call and he took up for his kids and by the way he is such a good coach and has trained his kids so well and they know what he expects that he doesnt have to be there for them to win district 12 championships and he is a great coach and he stands behind his kids 110% and they know that and they respect him for that and always will for years to come and i have no problem with him coaching any child of mine anytime. And If your child was playing a championship game would you not try your best to see him, like you people have never broken a rule or a law, not likely.
[/quote]

All those words, 2 periods and 1 comma.    ;D

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="817490" timestamp="1278828841"]
[quote author=baseballrocks link=topic=70574.msg817480#msg817480 date=1278817639]
[/quote]

All those words, 2 periods and 1 comma.     ;D
[/quote]
I ran out of breath and almost passed out just reading this to myself!

Its been a while since I coached LL or PONY, BUT in PONY when ejected the rule states you'll remove yourself from the vacinity of the dugout, the rule says nothing about leaving the park. I have seen many coaches walk out and call time, the rule says you ask for time and the ump does not have to grant you time.

[quote name="line drive" post="815612" timestamp="1278009720"]
This sounds more like a coach who stands up for his team. His team seems to love & respect him.  Thats all that matters.  This seems to be a one sided story
[/quote]
This is one I have never understood. How is running on the field, screaming at an umpire over a judgement he made, taking up for your team? I'm not saying that is what happened in this situation but I see it a lot and they say "he's just standing up for his team". I don't get it.

[quote name="dawg95" post="816093" timestamp="1278267650"]
:P      The coach in Jasper took his punishment and knows that he didn't act they way he should have. [b][color=blue]But anyone who has ever coached or played knows also how easy it is to get caught up in the moment and its those coaches who display those type of emotions that always seem to be in the championships.[[/color]/b] So to that coach in Jasper I understand what you are going through and just continue to guide your 12yrs old all star team all the way. We still support, love, and appreciate all that you do for our boy's . People are always going to try and knock you but thats the price you pay when you are on the top.
[/quote]
Well I don't kow how true that is. I have umpired many Jasper High School games, including their play off run this year and I can say I have never seen Coach Mixon lose control, and I consider him one of the finest coaches in our area. He has a pretty good record to back it too!

Guest Yo Gabba
643, you have that incorrect. The rule states you will remove yourself from the game site. defined by any umpire that ejects a coach would be anywhere the coach could see the game from.

here is the rule

Rule 4.07 (Page 6) MANAGER, COACH OR PLAYER EJECTION

When a manager, coach or player is ejected from a game, they shall leave the field immediately and take no further part in that game.  They may not sit in the stands and may not be recalled.  A manager or coach ejected from a game must not be present at the game site for the remainder of that game.  Any manager, coach or player ejected from a game is suspended for his or her team's next physically played game and may not be in attendance at the game site for which they were suspended.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder