Tubbs steps down....Tidwell interim AD

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="bigred360" post="812421" timestamp="1276540345"]
If I'm Simmons I attempt to take the interm tag off Larry Tidwell and give him a lot more money to be the AD and WBB coach. Yes, he is the MAN!

That said I think Coach Tubbs did a lot of good things for Lamar.
[/quote]

I agree with your position on both counts.  Coach Tidwell, in my opinion, would be a sensational AD for Lamar.  Goodness knows he has more contacts around the globe than Jame Bond.  Realizing that it takes more than contacts, if Coach Tidwell hasn't gained
that ability in 30+ years in the business then I'm Darwin's monkey.

You also commented on Coach Tubbs having done a lot of good things for Lamar.  I agree - I'm of the opinion that of all the positions that Coach Tubbs has had - he loves his time at Lamar
the most!  And that's all I'm going to say about that!  

This has been rumored for weeks. Tubbs is probably still making about the same money. I look for them to keep the interim tag on him for about a year and if he does good (which I expect he will) they will pull the tag and just hire a new basketball coach. But I'm sure he will coach this year.

Guest baseball25
well I know Tubbs wanted to get in a better conference years back but Gilligan didn't want to because he knows he would struggle in a good conference, wasn't in Conference USA where tubbs wanted to go.

I heard from a very reliable source that Lamar has two years to be in compliance with title IX by adding softball to the university or the Southland Conference would not allow them to stay. Does this have anything to do with him stepping down? To my knowledge anytime you ask about the softball program starting at Lamar everyone plays dumb or puts the question off!

Lamar is bound by federal law to be in compliance with Title IX, apparently the Southland Conference takes that more seriously than do the powers at Lamar!

[quote name="Tigers9" post="812616" timestamp="1276570679"]
I heard from a very reliable source that Lamar has two years to be in compliance with title IX by adding softball to the university or the Southland Conference would not allow them to stay. Does this have anything to do with him stepping down? To my knowledge anytime you ask about the softball program starting at Lamar everyone plays dumb or puts the question off!

Lamar is bound by federal law to be in compliance with Title IX, apparently the Southland Conference takes that more seriously than do the powers at Lamar!
[/quote]
Their going to start a womens ping pong team so their in compliance ;D j/k  With all of the talented HS softball players in the golden triangle, I'm suprised that they haven't created one.

I don't know if the rumor I heard was true but I heard they have two years after the first sport starts playing games so look for them to start trying to build the stadium and hire a coach after the football stadium in the spring. But I really don't think that is why tubbs stepped down. He was more of just a figure head IMO anyway. I just thought he would wait 6 more months to do this. Wonder why he isn't giving interviews currently though? ???

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="812475" timestamp="1276546277"]
This has been rumored for weeks. Tubbs is probably still making about the same money. I look for them to keep the interim tag on him for about a year and if he does good (which I expect he will) they will pull the tag and just hire a new basketball coach. But I'm sure he will coach this year.
[/quote]

I don't want another WBB coach. When Coach Foster was here he was AD and MBB coach for a while, so it can be done. I think Coach Tidwell will do a wonderful job as AD but I think he'll keep coaching too.

[quote name="Tigers9" post="812616" timestamp="1276570679"]

[/quote]

I heard from a higher up that hiring coach in 2010 to play in 2012

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83