Parker to play at UT before Felts

Early in the year the thread "who is the best catcher" came down to parker and felts with felts having been promoted alot more than parker can anyone else see the irony??  Parker when asked always seemed to stay humble and lead his team.. now that felts season is over and having the opurtunity to watch both young men head to head, Parker is the best catcher in southeast texas..

[quote name="T-daddy" post="810573" timestamp="1276097563"]
Early in the year the thread "who is the best catcher" came down to parker and felts with felts having been promoted alot more than parker can anyone else see the irony??  Parker when asked always seemed to stay humble and lead his team.. now that felts season is over and having the opurtunity to watch both young men head to head, Parker is the best catcher in southeast texas..
[/quote]

Surely not a HOMER pick right????

[/quote]
You must have been watching different games than most of us.  Parker may have a slight edge in hitting, although Felts had his fair share of hits in that series, Felts is a much better defensive catcher.  Better pop, stronger arm, and had zero past balls!!

[quote name="Cat22" post="810578" timestamp="1276098062"]
[quote author=T-daddy link=topic=70398.msg810573#msg810573 date=1276097563]
[/quote]
You must have been watching different games than most of us.  Parker may have a slight edge in hitting, although Felts had his fair share of hits in that series, Felts is a much better defensive catcher.  Better pop, stronger arm, and had zero past balls!!
[/quote]

I think he's trying to get another debate started....

[quote name="td" post="810582" timestamp="1276098220"]
If they both are going to UT we will find out who is better in time.
[/quote]

They're not both going to UT.... I think he means Parker will play at UT for the state tourney.  Felts is already A Longhorn.  Parker should be just fine wherever he goes.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Critter" post="810585" timestamp="1276098397"]
[quote author=td link=topic=70398.msg810582#msg810582 date=1276098220]
If they both are going to UT we will find out who is better in time.
[/quote]

They're not both going to UT.... I think he means Parker will play at UT for the state tourney.  Felts is already A Longhorn.  Parker should be just fine wherever he goes.
[/quote]

Too bad the state tournament is at Dell Diamond and not Disch-Faulk Field. Felts is the best catcher hands down!

[quote name="Cat22" post="810578" timestamp="1276098062"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

A slight edge in hitting? not even close....did you see the past balls you have to hang those on sowell.

[quote name="T-daddy" post="810602" timestamp="1276101205"]
[quote author=Cat22 link=topic=70398.msg810578#msg810578 date=1276098062]
[/quote]
[/quote]

A slight edge in hitting? not even close....did you see the past balls you have to hang those on sowell.
[/quote]

then they would be wild pitches...not passed balls.  ;)

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="810632" timestamp="1276104727"]
Parker had the best display of hitting I've seen in awhile against BC, in the Orangefield series Felts was the best player on the field imo.
[/quote]

Silly argument that will never be settled...not everyone falls in line that only these two should be considered for "best catcher in Southeast Texas."  I do however wish both success at the next level(s).

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="810632" timestamp="1276104727"]
[b]Parker had the best display of hitting I've seen in awhile against BC[/b], in the Orangefield series Felts was the best player on the field imo.
[/quote]

Absolutely agree with you with your statement about Parker.....  However, IMO I think more pitchers use more caution while pitching to Felts IMO...

[/quote]

Honestly, what was the point of starting this thread other than to stir the pot.  Absolutely pointless!!!!!

This is so unprovable on both sides...I will just inject one comment.....When Sophomore Matt Menard knocked a HR up at the Woodville field(when BC beat Jasper 10-5)  That 400+ slam was enough to convince me he will out-do anyone in 3A next season in the Catcher position.

An ole timer from Woodville said it was the longest hit ball over that fence that he had ever seen---and that he had watched games there for decades!   ;D

[quote name="justafan2" post="810644" timestamp="1276107046"]
[/quote]

Honestly, what was the point of starting this thread other than to stir the pot.  Absolutely pointless!!!!!
[/quote]
I agree it is pointless and T-daddy is just trying to stir the pot, but I have to give Felts his props.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="East TX" post="810645" timestamp="1276107156"]
This is so unprovable on both sides...I will just inject one comment.....When Sophomore Matt Hicks knocked a HR up at the Woodville field(when BC beat Jasper 10-5)  That 400+ slam was enough to convince me he will out-do anyone in 3A next season in the Catcher position.

An ole timer from Woodville said it was the longest hit ball over that fence that he had ever seen---and that he had watched games there for decades!   ;D
[/quote]

Do you mean Matt Menard?

[quote name="Cat22" post="810647" timestamp="1276107585"]
[quote author=justafan2 link=topic=70398.msg810644#msg810644 date=1276107046]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree it is pointless and T-daddy is just trying to stir the pot, but I have to give Felts his props.

YES I have stirred it with a blender but Ty Parker will play on Disch-Faulk before Felts.  and YES I am a homer...Leadership is another area that Ty beats felts in....
[/quote]

[quote name="T-daddy" post="810650" timestamp="1276108092"]
[quote author=Cat22 link=topic=70398.msg810647#msg810647 date=1276107585]
[quote author=justafan2 link=topic=70398.msg810644#msg810644 date=1276107046]
[/quote]

[/quote]

YES I have stirred it with a blender but Ty Parker will play on Disch-Faulk before Felts.  and YES I am a homer...Leadership is another area that Ty beats felts in....
[/quote]
[/quote]

I don't know, all I saw Parker do was wave a towel in the dugout.  Kind of strange to me.

Guest GCMPats
If you do not know Jacob, I would suggest you keep your opinion about his leadership abilities to yourself. Some people lead by example and let the young ladies with skirts do the cheerleading.

[quote name="Critter" post="810664" timestamp="1276109939"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=70398.msg810661#msg810661 date=1276109561]
I vote this the dumbest and most useless thread I may have seen on this site.
[/quote]

Atleast in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Agreed, Thank You!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86