Best Offense & Defense in 20-4a this upcoming season?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="808126" timestamp="1275413825"]
[/quote[b]]Last year, we had the tools to mirror the 2006 LaMarque defense, but never put it all the way together...[/b] [/quote]

That was the only team Central eva played, that Looked faster than Us.. That Defense Played The true meaning of flying to the ball, If our defense could mirror that this year, I like our chances to compete on the State level

Guest Penny
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="808124" timestamp="1275413650"]
Ohh, so we now changed it to Best Offense and Defense... :D :D

Ok.  PN-G will have the best offense, but barely though.  Like SASQUASH22 said, Harmon will need to be replaced, which I don't think they will.  That kid was pretty good.  Offense will be:

1. PN-G - Second year under that system.  Exited to see how it will look!
2. Livingston - Since they have been in the district, they have had not many problems moving the ball, IMO
3. Central - Athletes, and more athletes.  Sounds like ingredients for big plays all the time.
4. LC-M - I beleive Gonzalez will be back and that all district reciever
5. Ozen - Hearing great things about Ozen for next year.  Since Ozen is running the same offense as WB, I see them finally doing something
6. Nederland - The QB contraversy continues.  Also, I have not heard anything about a RB over there.
7. Vidor - Big 3 gone
8. Lumberton - No Hanna, Beard, and Hussey?  Don't even think about it!
[/quote]

Soulja, you're usually more accurate than this... disappointed.

PNG's defense will be great up front. Maybe the best we have ever had. The line goes two deep with talent and will rotate and stay fresh. Schexneider, Easly, Thompson, Davis, Shetley, Wilson all returning. They will put a lot of pressure on the passing game and will help out a young secondary this year. And as usual they will be stout (diciplined) against the run. I think the PNG defense will be tops over Central this year.

Offensively PNG will be good, but replacing Harmon will not be the biggest area of concern. Replacing Reyenga, Deron, Budoin and Segura at WR will be the biggest concern. Only Jalali returns. For this fact I think PNG will not have the top offense in the district this year.

Defensively I'll rank PNG #1
Offensively I'll rank LCM #1

[quote name="Roughrider" post="809871" timestamp="1275914234"]
Nederland is right where they need to be, flying under the radar. But dont count em out just yet. They have a lot of talent. Just watch.
[/quote]

I agree, and the defense has looked much better than the last few years, but still some room for improvement!

[quote name="Roughrider" post="809871" timestamp="1275914234"]
Nederland is right where they need to be, flying under the radar. But dont count em out just yet. They have a lot of talent. Just watch.
[/quote]
I think alot of people are taking a wait and see approach with the BigNed Offense because they did not have an established ground game last year. Not very often that Neuman doesn't have a stud in the backfield, so two years in a row would be an oddity! I suspect someone will emerge from that tuff group of underclassmen.

[quote name="Ned11str8" post="810199" timestamp="1276009810"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=70193.msg809871#msg809871 date=1275914234]
[/quote]

We will be fine this year 8)
[/quote]I watched all games today at WB and i was truly amazed by Png's quarterback. This guy is the real deal. Ozen Qb was also real nice. He's gonna be something special. Probably the best athlete on the field. I must admit that Central's defense is intimidating. They are big, fast and very athletic. This is gonna be a very interesting district next year. 

[quote name="Betrayed" post="808693" timestamp="1275578325"]
What offense does Png run? Didn't Livingston running game put up big numbers against every team in the District?
[/quote]
Livingston did have 4 big number rushing games, 2 over 300 yards and 2 over 200 yards, against PNG it was like 85 yards rushing. Unfortunately for Livingston they only won one of those four big yardage games (Ozen, they won 43-29). To their credit, one of their lowest total yardage outputs they upset Central 10-6 while only running up 172 total yards in offense, that yardage was gained entirely on the ground as they had 0 passing yards, an unusual occurence in these pass happy days of modern football. If their running back Quinton Jackson was not a senior, they will make a lot of noise this next year as he is a hoss.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124