Okay, I understand the desire to play at a big venue.....

but consider this.

For the Class 5A Region II Regional Finals, Klein Collins and Klein, both schools within the Klein ISD school district just north of Houston, are squaring off in a 3 game series.

The venue, a baseball field in Klein?  No.  OLSEN FIELD IN FREAKING COLLEGE STATION!!!!

Somebody is just not using some sense there.

I agree!  I was looking forward to attending the series in a packed, out of control house, in a nearby location like like Spring High School, the yard at the Woodlands, or even UH.  Coach Smith has ties to TAM as a graduate and 4yr. baseball letterman and his son Adam is currently attending the university on a baseball scholarship.  Probably will not affect attendance too badly, when these two schools meet in district, it is usually standing room only.  However, I was really looking forward to seeing this series played locally.  Prediction:  2 of 3 games will go extra inning with Klein taking the series 2-1.  Just depends on who gets the breaks, both teams are evenly matched!  Damn it I wish they would have agreed to play the games in Houston!

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="807997" timestamp="1275359543"]
The UIL should intervene
[/quote]

Well, they haven't violated any UIL rules, so it isn't a matter for the UIL. But I can't believe that Dr. Cain, the superintendent of the Klein ISD, hasn't said something about this.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="808142" timestamp="1275417095"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=70186.msg807997#msg807997 date=1275359543]
The UIL should intervene
[/quote]

Well, they haven't violated any UIL rules, so it isn't a matter for the UIL. But I can't believe that Dr. Cain, the superintendent of the Klein ISD, hasn't said something about this.
[/quote]

Klien ISD is fairly wealthy. I'm sure the Superintendent and parents don't really care much, and also the distance for Klien Collins and Klien to CS is about the same as the distance from Jasper to Lamar

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont