What an INTERESTING day

[quote name="jettyman" post="807152" timestamp="1275140337"]
Seems to me that the only thing that Swag, Betrayed, HJ supporter on the outside but hater on the inside can do is reply to factual and intelligent comments with rhetoric or propaganda.  Although, I truly believe SWAG is driven by some type inner HJ demons of the past his double life and literary tactics or doing more harm than good.  Truth be known this dude probably doesn't miss a HJ game (opportunity to coach from the stands) goes there and feels one of his homies didn't get treated fairly and then makes his way back home and bashes.  My daddy told me a long time a go if want something bad enough don't depend on others to do anything for you. If playing time is what you want prove yourself.  I don't know too many coaches who sit athletes that keep their nose clean, display a positive attitude, work hard and produce on game night.  Also much to your dismay at some point, in the recruiting phase the athlete has to eventually sell HIMSELF. The most important thing about going to play at the next level should be to get a quality education and learn some  life lessons not just for notches on the belt, press conferences or the topic of porch conversation 20 years later.  By the way, Swag, Betrayed, HJ Lover/Hater whatever: the more you stir paint the thinner it gets and your comments or getting awful thin.  
[/quote]  I would like to commend you, sir, on an outstanding post.  However, the saddest part of all of this is that the individual to whom you direct this  post, cannot deal with common sense and, when common sense is further complicated for him with eloquence, it becomes totally beyond his grasp.   He can, though, extoll the relative virtues of a "press conference".  I dont think you will get a response.  If there is one, it will  most likely involve some direct or inferred suggestion that your comments were of a racial nature.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Betrayed" post="807200" timestamp="1275148966"]
Hawk Nation is about to get exactly what they've been asking for! The days are numbered, so I'm gonna lay low untill then.
[/quote]

Typical of a small thinker.  He believes that the potential loss of a couple of disenchanted players will  mark the end of the world for a good program. ( I believe Allen Iverson was disenchanted in Detroit, Denver, and Memphis and his departure improved their respective performances)If it happens,  all it will do will hasten the maturity of a couple of young players who both will leave a big mark on the HJ legacy by the time they finish in four years.  You'd better hope that it makes a big difference at the Beaumont School.  You also better hope that nobody decides to subpoena certain phone records when the time is right.  The greatest part of this is that the bigger problems, if this all comes to pass, will be experienced by an embittered poster and his idol.  Of course, the idol will never have imagined that  his worshipper could cause that many problems for him.  As for Austin, the ones you hold in such high esteem will not even sniff Austin next season.

The success of both the programs in this topic are the result of the system.Both systems are mirror images of each other from a philosophy standpoint.Truth is alot of good high school players don't have the total package to play in college regardless of the calls from the coaches.Devin will play on the JUCO level unless he improves his ball handling and jump shooting abilities.If he does that the sky is the limit.Jacolby has mad defensive skills but doesn't have the total package to play D1 ball.It's plain and simple folks, the kids that play at HJ this season will conduct themselves as team players or they won'y play.That's the way it should be.

[quote name="True Blue" post="807170" timestamp="1275144408"]
[quote author=RICHARDSON23 link=topic=70069.msg806733#msg806733 date=1275056491]
ALL THEY HAVE IS THE NEW KID ..AND PERSOHN EVERYONE ELSE IS SMALL... BUT WISH YA'LL THE BEST......WE 3A STATE BOUND BABYY!!!!!!!!
[/quote] The new kid is just a peace of the team, there are no stand out players on this team, But as a team they look real good, very balanced with size inside and a great set of shooters on the outside. After watching the games Tuesday with EC and HF, and I know this is just summer ball and scores dont mean anything,but this should be another good season for HJ.
[/quote]If Gus and Sutherland are on the squad they have a couple of standouts.They also had a kid on the JV last year that was big and had a ton of potential.Something tells me you won't recognize him this coming season.He is gonna be solid.

If the kid I'm talking about developes in a couple of areas he will be hard to keep off the varsity.I thought I saw him on the varsity roster at the regional tourney and I saw him play a couple of real good games on the JV last year against Silsbee.I don't have a clue who he is but he has a lot of potential.Who does HJ have at the bigs??? And how many seniors do they have??

[quote name="whsalum" post="807761" timestamp="1275252374"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=70069.msg807170#msg807170 date=1275144408]
[quote author=RICHARDSON23 link=topic=70069.msg806733#msg806733 date=1275056491]
ALL THEY HAVE IS THE NEW KID ..AND PERSOHN EVERYONE ELSE IS SMALL... BUT WISH YA'LL THE BEST......WE 3A STATE BOUND BABYY!!!!!!!!
[/quote] The new kid is just a peace of the team, there are no stand out players on this team, But as a team they look real good, very balanced with size inside and a great set of shooters on the outside. After watching the games Tuesday with EC and HF, and I know this is just summer ball and scores dont mean anything,but this should be another good season for HJ.
[/quote]If Gus and Sutherland are on the squad they have a couple of standouts.They also had a kid on the JV last year that was big and had a ton of potential.Something tells me you won't recognize him this coming season.He is gonna be solid.
[/quote]

But you have to remember that, early last season, Swag (in his absolute brilliance and predictive splendor) declared that Sutherland was an inept shooter and Gus would lead the district in turnovers.

[quote name="whsalum" post="807944" timestamp="1275343435"]
I base my outlook a whole lot more on my observations than on Swags opinions.
[/quote]

Anyone with one ounce of common sense does the same. Those two predictions by swag were blatantly incorrect.  Merely a comedy of errors that continues to this day with his new definition of success being in direct relation to press conferences.

[quote name="True Blue" post="807976" timestamp="1275352852"]
You can get a peek at the 2011 HJ team Tues night as they play Sislbee and Koun. I know summer games mean nothing but you can get some kind of ideal what the team is going to look like.
[/quote]  What gym will they be playing in?

[quote name="im on fire" post="809609" timestamp="1275781342"]
this WHOLE thread needs to LEARN ENGLISH.   if some of these folks posting in this thread went to ktz or hj you guys need to hit the books.
[/quote]

Your sentences should start with capital letters and it should be "If some of you folks posting on this thread went to Kountze or Hardin-Jefferson then you need to hit the books."   ;D ;D ;D  And it's not English they need to learn, it's grammer!!

[quote name="ford15" post="809642" timestamp="1275788517"]
[quote author=im on fire link=topic=70069.msg809609#msg809609 date=1275781342]
this WHOLE thread needs to LEARN ENGLISH.   if some of these folks posting in this thread went to ktz or hj you guys need to hit the books.
[/quote]

Your sentences should start with capital letters and it should be "If some of you folks posting on this thread went to Kountze or Hardin-Jefferson then you need to hit the books."   ;D ;D ;D  And it's not English they need to learn, it's grammer!!
[/quote]

:D :D

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL.......I love it!!!

[/quote]

[/quote].  Please ci
consult Swag, Betrayed, RedtoRed etc.etc.  If u have any questions regarding English, GrammAr, or press conferences in Kountze not to mention alley oopers.

[/quote]

[/quote]

you catch on good!  A+ with a gold star!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami