Players Cut From World Cup Squad

U.S. roster:

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan, Marcus Hahnemann, Tim Howard.

Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra, Jonathan Bornstein, Steve Cherundolo, Jay DeMerit, Clarence Goodson, Oguchi Onyewu, Jonathan Spector.

Midfielders: DaMarcus Beasley, Michael Bradley, Ricardo Clark, Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan, Maurice Edu, Benny Feilhaber, Stuart Holden, Jose Francisco Torres.

Forwards: Jozy Altidore, Edson Buddle, Robbie Findley, Herculez Gomez.

[quote name="aries456" post="806012" timestamp="1274925176"]
Ching got screwed...
[/quote]

i wholeheartedly disagree.  he's garbage.  he's never shown any ability to score against quality teams.  he can't create for himself, and he's not fast enough to get into good positions for cheap goals.  he's the poor man's brian mcbride with less talent and without the nose for goal.  i'm more than happy to have a couple of forwards make the team who have speed, creativity, and recent records of scoring lots of goals.  Buddle's leading the MLS, and Gomez led the Mexican league in scoring this season.  Ching has been hurt.  That's an easy choice for me.

[quote name="aries456" post="806775" timestamp="1275060514"]
And I completely disagree with you... While he hasn't been the one to score the goals, he is always the one to set them up... Every player has gone on record saying they love to play with him because he is so unselfish...
[/quote]

to each his own.  i respect your opinion, even if i disagree.  Bradley must feel like i do, or he would have taken him over two guys with basically no national team experience, and only one game to watch them.  it's also possible that ching's injury had something to do with it.  who knows.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="806967" timestamp="1275087192"]
[quote author=aries456 link=topic=70053.msg806775#msg806775 date=1275060514]
And I completely disagree with you... While he hasn't been the one to score the goals, he is always the one to set them up... Every player has gone on record saying they love to play with him because he is so unselfish...
[/quote]

to each his own.  i respect your opinion, even if i disagree.  Bradley must feel like i do, or he would have taken him over two guys with basically no national team experience, and only one game to watch them.  it's also possible that ching's injury had something to do with it.  who knows.
[/quote]

I'm thinking the injury had alot to do with it, but I thought he played really well on Monday... It's all good though... I hope Herculez, Findley, and Buddle do amazing!

i looked up some articles about it, and it comes down to two things for every writer that i saw: it was either the injury or his speed.  i don't think it matters much, because he probably would not have seen the field anyway.  Bradley is going to want more speed up there, and Ching was the slowest of all the forwards in the camp.  Findley probably shouldn't have made it onto the squad, but as the fastest forward in the camp, it's pretty clear why Bradley took him.

Guest ECBucFan
I seriously doubt Bradley was out to screw Ching. Bradley took whoever he thought would give the US the best chance to win. I hate it for Chings sake, though. Ching is 32, and this was his last WC chance. Still Brian had a fantastic career overall.

I can't wait for June 12th!  ;D

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1220801/index.html#usas+donovan+confident+mood  

[quote name="bullets13000" post="806967" timestamp="1275087192"]
[/quote]

to each his own.  i respect your opinion, even if i disagree.  [b]Bradley must feel like i do[/b], or he would have taken him over two guys with basically no national team experience, and only one game to watch them.  it's also possible that ching's injury had something to do with it.  who knows.
[/quote]
well that settles it...as long as the US Men's National Team Coach agrees with you... :D
sorry Austin he has you on that one ;)

[quote name="Newcastle" post="808127" timestamp="1275413910"]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=70053.msg806967#msg806967 date=1275087192]
[/quote]

to each his own.  i respect your opinion, even if i disagree.  [b]Bradley must feel like i do[/b], or he would have taken him over two guys with basically no national team experience, and only one game to watch them.  it's also possible that ching's injury had something to do with it.  who knows.
[/quote]
well that settles it...as long as the US Men's National Team Coach agrees with you... :D
sorry Austin he has you on that one ;)
[/quote]

He usually calls me a couple of times a week to ask my advice on roster management...    ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124