who is the best coach in setex? why?

Guest hardcore

Guest hardcore
My vote is coach is Alvarez from Kirbyville. He implemented leadership and shows alot of class when he on or off the field. He brought back pride to kirbyville. Because of his coaching team leadership he made kirbyville one of the most feared team to play. ;)

Guest LR1969
Any coach who puts his players safety/well-being first and attempts to instill values in his players that they will carry with them for the rest of their life. And, most importantly, a coach who can keep his ego in check and not use his players to further fuel his ego. That, my friend, is the best coach in the area. And, fortunately, we have several (both winners and losers on the scoreboard). And, we have some coaches in the area (both winners and losers on the scoreboard) who should probably be doing anything but working with kids.

Coach Stewart @Dayton-1996 thru 2009-14 straight playoff appearances-re-alignment 06-07 sent em packing to the Golden Triangle dist.for 2 years & they won dist.both yrs.convincingly then 07-08-09 they go semi's-finals-quarter finals and in 08 the yr.they help set a 4A scoring record for a title game in the Alamodome vs.Sulp.Springs Coach Stewart kicked 5 defensive starters(2 were all-dist the yr.before)off the team for a altercation of team rules before gm.#1-2010 team is scheduled for the tuffest pre-dist games in school history.Broncos are one of the better teams lately and have made their mark for 3 straight yrs.w/less than 21 seniors each year.Dayton has never won a state title but lately have been catching up in the win/loss column w/the WOS/Newton teams who have 2 of the premier coaching staff's/teams around.To make this topic fair it Should read LATELY playing Lake Travis-Suph.Springs-Brenham(2 state titles back/back-state title-state finalist.

[quote name="liltex" post="803952" timestamp="1274446099"]
Coach Stewart @Dayton-1996 thru 2009-14 straight playoff appearances-re-alignment 06-07 sent em packing to the Golden Triangle dist.for 2 years & they won dist.both yrs.convincingly then 07-08-09 they go semi's-finals-quarter finals and in 08 the yr.they help set a 4A scoring record for a title game in the Alamodome vs.Sulp.Springs Coach Stewart kicked 5 defensive starters(2 were all-dist the yr.before)off the team for a altercation of team rules before gm.#1-2010 team is scheduled for the tuffest pre-dist games in school history.Broncos are one of the better teams lately and have made their mark for 3 straight yrs.w/less than 21 seniors each year.Dayton has never won a state title but lately have been catching up in the win/loss column w/the WOS/Newton teams who have 2 of the premier coaching staff's/teams around.To make this topic fair it Should read LATELY playing Lake Travis-Suph.Springs-Brenham(2 state titles back/back-state title-state finalist.
[/quote]

touché...I forgot about him......  I'll have to change my answer to the same.

Its a little early to throw this coaches name in with those already mentioned but I have to give some credit to Mike Bickham of Jasper. He is really turning the program around for the better and now Jasper is even MORE competitive. Jasper usually is a team that when they are down they give up but this past year Jasper played ball to the very end and the defense was solid. Just got to get that offense rolling a little more but I'm excited to see what Coach Bickham does. Go Dogs.

All good names!

1.) Stewart - Anyone that can teach folks from Dayton to do anything has to be Great  ;D
2.) Alverez - Great coach made Kirbyville a regional power!
3.) Faircloth - Awesome First year with more to come.

if i may,i would like to put this young mans name down (he  is not a head coach yet) but he will be one day. toby foreman from wo-s has done a outstanding job for his first year as OC and lord LOOK what he has done with there track team

[quote name="skipper" post="804006" timestamp="1274455021"]
if i may,i would like to put this young mans name down (he  is not a head coach yet) but he will be one day. toby foreman from wo-s has done a outstanding job for his first year as OC and lord LOOK what he has done with there track team
[/quote]

Dude your Avatar is just plain wrong  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Spherictrey" post="803984" timestamp="1274451432"]
Its a little early to throw this coaches name in with those already mentioned but I have to give some credit to Mike Bickham of Jasper. He is really turning the program around for the better and now Jasper is even MORE competitive. Jasper usually is a team that when they are down they give up but this past year Jasper played ball to the very end and the defense was solid. Just got to get that offense rolling a little more but I'm excited to see what Coach Bickham does. Go Dogs.
[/quote]

It is a little early to be throwing him in there with Alvarez and Hooks (btw Hooks is my choice) but he has done a great job with the kids there. Last year they didnt just have any amazing spectacular athletes, but he implemented a system that played to their strengths and it obviously worked pretty well. A couple of more years, and a few playoff runs and he can definetly be considered.

Guest ECBucFan
My criteria:

[b]1) Plays by the rules, 100% of the time. Period. [/b]
2) Cares about the kids and the community just as much as his career.
3) Sets a personal example of a role model to the players.
4) Team performance exceeds the relative amount of talent (overachieving).
5) Greatly values the programs tradition.

1. Kirbyville's head coach Jack Alvarez hands down he turned everybodys homecoming selection into a powerhouse.
2. Newton's head coach Curtis Barbay not only competes with schools his size but competes with bigger schools every year.
3. PN-G's head coach Brandon Faircloth 10-0 regular season in his first year at head coach puts him in my top 3.
4. Jasper's head coach Mike Bickham beats Kirbyville, WO-S, and makes the playoffs with a team in a rebuilding stage in his first year at head coach in Jasper.
5. WO-S head coach Dan Hooks his numbers dont lie and every year his team is picked to win district.

[quote name="knightrider" post="804026" timestamp="1274459593"]
My choice would be between 2 head coaches. i'd give the nod to both of them. records speak for themselves. Jerry Stewart of Dayton and Dan Hooks of West Orange Stark. They'vebeen around a long time and are old school. I like their methods and work ethics.  ;D
[/quote] I agree!

Through the years coaches have come and gone, but two that have continually gave Southeast Texas programs to be proud of are Dan Hooks of WOS and Curtis Barbay of Newton. It took Coach Barbay 23 years to win his first state title, but kept it exciting and competitive for those years. Alverez at Kirbyville, Faircloth at PNG, Bickham at Jasper all seem to be heading the right direction.

1.  Hooks, stats,stats,stats...

2.  Dayton's Coach, Stats continued....

3.  Alvarez, state appearances back to back

4.  Stump, Faircloth's first season was good, Stump went four rounds deep in his first year....and 3 rds with sophomores and juniors last year.

5.  Faircloth, impressive first year coach, needs a little time under his belt before he can climb my ladder.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="BHFAN" post="804000" timestamp="1274454263"]
All good names!

1.) Stewart - Anyone that can teach folks from Dayton to do anything has to be Great  ;D
[/quote]
 Really is that what it takes for you people from BH to feel special to always have a put down for people in Dayton. Just face it Dayton is great and BH well yall can't seem to get off the hill. Must be lack of oxygen up there *shrugs* ???

[quote name="octfeb" post="805242" timestamp="1274741383"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=69907.msg804000#msg804000 date=1274454263]
All good names!

1.) Stewart - Anyone that can teach folks from Dayton to do anything has to be Great  ;D
[/quote]
 Really is that what it takes for you people from BH to feel special to always have a put down for people in Dayton. Just face it Dayton is great and BH well yall can't seem to get off the hill. Must be lack of oxygen up there *shrugs* ???
[/quote]

Barbers Hill will be an also ran again this year.  And to answer the question of the best coach in SETX, it's Jerry Stewart.

The Question?Why?Bronco AD/HC Jerry Stewart and coaching staff have instilled hard work ethic,evaluated the talent they have and the youth and even the alumni he never coached wish they could play under his guidance.Successful as he's been @ Dayton now in his 15 th year,Coach Stewart led Clear Creek to it's 1st dist title and before that led Cleburne deep in the playoffs several times.To follow his success you only have to look close how far in the playoffs the teams that beat Dayton went.That's were the answer lies.

Guest hardcore
[quote name="scooter!" post="803994" timestamp="1274453423"]
Dan Hooks. because-----he's Dan Hooks  :D
[/quote] I guess his name speak for itself ???

[quote name="speedkills" post="804476" timestamp="1274550985"]
1. Kirbyville's head coach Jack Alvarez hands down he turned everybodys homecoming selection into a powerhouse.
2. Newton's head coach Curtis Barbay not only competes with schools his size but competes with bigger schools every year.
3. PN-G's head coach Brandon Faircloth 10-0 regular season in his first year at head coach puts him in my top 3.
4. Jasper's head coach Mike Bickham beats Kirbyville, WO-S, and makes the playoffs with a team in a rebuilding stage in his first year at head coach in Jasper.
5. WO-S head coach Dan Hooks his numbers dont lie and every year his team is picked to win district.
[/quote]

That's a good list for me.  Can't believe Don Price is not on anyone's list?  ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124