Memory Lane

Guest hardcore

With 28 seconds left in the game Tivy throws a complete pass to set them up for a field goal to win the game and advance to the State Finals ........... as their coach steps onto the field to call his final time-out ( Tivy had one of the best kickers in the state and this game was in the bag) something happens ! He see's AJ Dugat from Dayton running with the ball after making a masterful heroic strip ( Dayton fans look up from their gloom and are as surprised as Tivy fans ) Dugat races down to the red-zone and sets up his best friend Q-B/kicker Cody Green for his first Field goal of the year. Needless to say the kick was good and Dayton advanced to their first State Final !

Guest LR1969
There have been many but one of the best was watching the Warren Warriors break a 3-year losing streak against the Deweyville Pirates at Pirate Stadium in the late 90's (two posts about Warren in two days and I'm not even from there...go figure). I also enjoyed watching Lumberton beat Nederland in '05 to clinch the Raiders first trip to the playoffs and I will not soon forget Kirbyville's come from behind win over Newton last season. That was one for the ages.

Two others of note that involve Lumberton would be a last minute win over Lincoln on a kickoff return in the late 90's (when coach Kevin Johnson was still at Lumberton). The other would be Vidor beating Lumberton the following year (at Lumberton) with Johnson at the helm of the Pirate ship. If I'm not mistaken, Vidor scored two very late touchdowns (even got an onside kick I believe). That was a great game. I'm from Lumberton but I was glad to see Johnson steal this one, especially the way it was done. It was all I could do to hide my emotion while standing on the Lumberton sideline with a crazy Vidor fan who kept high-fiving this Hardin County reporter.

These are just a few from a lifetime of being a fan. I could write a book about the games I have seen, both local and beyond the Golden Triangle.

Bronco faithful were commenting on how they could compete in the district w/the Golden Triangle a few years ago and they were impressive winning the dist.title both years in convincing fashion then reaching the semi-finals w/a Katrina transfer qb in 07-followed by 08 finals record scoring tot.117 points for a 4A gm.in the Alamodome amid a sea of purple screaming faithful then in 09 came within the last 4 min.almost beating Brenham in the quarter-finals to 3 peat another semi-final game and play once again Kerrville Tivy team seeking revenge from the year before.Only Lake Travis-Sulphur Springs-Brenham-2 state champs and state finalist closed the door the Broncos knocked at 3 times.

Me Being A Central Fan, I've seen some good games over the years with, Huntsville, Vidor, P.N.G, and even the Westbrook game in 09 and 06.
But the best Game i ever seen Was the Central- Angelton game in 09..
1st- Keith Oneal Returns Kickoff
2nd- Charles Thomas screen pass, goes up the sideline to the 5.
3rd- Charles Thomas Catches Pass in Endzone

P.S not alot of people know this, But on a 4th down with Central with no Timeouts, We didnt have enough people on the field, And we couldent call timeout, then Angelton calls timeout to set up the Winning TD for Central. Classic

That Vidor game was an emotional roller coaster, no doubt...  But I have to agree with D3zii with those 'no quit Jags' vs a very good angleton team...

Also, It was a cold day in 2002 when both Central and Ozen lost in the first round of the playoffs to those two Conroe Schools, Oakridge and Caney Creek. 

Special memories were in 2003 Playing Pflugerville Conaly in the second round.  We were down the whole game.  Great defensive striggle...  Then we marched down the field about 80 yards on 3 pass plays for the game winning drive.

Honorable mention:

Vs. Dayton 2006 Blocked FG
vs PN-G 2009 Blocked FG
Vs. Memorial 2009 Red zone 4 down defensive stand
vs. Vidor 2006 infamous phantom score board
FINALLY, Ozen vs PN-G also known as 'the game with the FG' 2003 Put Central in the playoffs...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="803419" timestamp="1274295958"]
That Vidor game was an emotional roller coaster, no doubt...  But I have to agree with D3zii with those 'no quit Jags' vs a very good angleton team...

Also, It was a cold day in 2002 when both Central and Ozen lost in the first round of the playoffs to those two Conroe Schools, Oakridge and Caney Creek. 

Special memories were in 2003 Playing Pflugerville Conaly in the second round.  We were down the whole game.  Great defensive striggle...  Then we marched down the field about 80 yards on 3 pass plays for the game winning drive.

Honorable mention:

vs PN-G 2009 Blocked FG
Vs. Memorial 2009 Red zone 4 down defensive stand
FINALLY, Ozen vs PN-G also known as 'the game with the FG' 2003 Put Central in the playoffs...
[/quote]

Central has a football team?  ;D ;D ;D 

I have to say watching WOS get pounded by Wimberly in Katy.  Wimberly had a running back named Buse (something like that) who was a beast.  he also played middle linebacker and was equally as good there.

BH beating West Columbia is another good one.  Mason Fischer caught a ball (not sure how to this day) in the endzone to win with time expiring.   

Last year.  Brook takes it's underclass team against state ranked Hightower.  Brook held a 5 point lead in the closing minutes with Hightower driving.  Deflected pass picked off by Brook seals the win.  I still remember yelling at that linebacker to get on the ground as the Hightower players were trying to strip the ball after the INT>

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="803419" timestamp="1274295958"]

Honorable mention:

vs PN-G 2009 Blocked FG
Vs. [b]Memorial 2009 Red zone 4 down defensive stand[/b]
[/quote] ::) Qb misread  ;D

2001---Lufkin vs Longview----two words---> Reggie McNeal

'Nuff Said  ;D

and 2005---Lufkin vs. Hays Consolidated--------ralph thomas de-cleating block in the first qtr set the tone for the whole game.

2010--PAM vs WB-----Wesley dominates as Titans slice up the Bruins  :D :D

Greatest Moment:

About a minute is left on the clock as Central scores a touchdown to clinch the lead, 22-20. Central lines up for the PAT, the kick is off and what happens? The ball is blocked. As it comes back down, it bounces off of one player's helmet and lands in the hands of none other than Dre Dunbar, PN-G's #8, a.k.a. the "miracle worker" and perhaps the only Indian on the field capable of matching Central's speed. He runs down the field to make a two-point conversion and tie up the game as the people in purple go absolutely berserk and the band strikes up Cherokee with 43 seconds left on the clock. The play caused so much excitement that a PN-G fan literally had a heart attack in the stands and had to be carted to the hospital via ambulance (he quickly recovered and was back in the stands two weeks later; PN-G fans don't miss many games).

Second Greatest Moment:

In double overtime, PN-G's offense lines up for a field goal delivered by kicker Zach Rhame, who had scored with only a few of his kicks since he took over as kicker after Dylan Browning tore his ACL. Many weren't confident that he could make it, but he did, winning the game 25-22. Once again, the PN-G crowd goes crazy as the band blasts Cherokee in excitement, playing the fight song several times in rapid succession. That victory made PN-G's overall record 10-0 for the first time since 1977.

Third Greatest Moment:

After the game, the football team gathered on the field to receive the trophy, claim the title of "Undisputed, Undefeated 2009 District 20-AAAA Champions" while the crowd cheered and the Indian percussion beat its drums and chanted "un-de-feat-ed."

All in all, the 2009 PN-G - Central game was one of the best in Indian football history and was certainly the greatest football game I've ever attended.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="803472" timestamp="1274306580"]
Greatest Moment:
All in all, the 2009 PN-G - Central game was one of the best in Indian football history and was certainly the greatest football game I've ever attended.
[/quote]

I saw it! EC was running away with a game at halftime, so I left and flew down I-10 and made the whole 2nd half. Incredible game!  :o   

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="803476" timestamp="1274308300"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=69842.msg803472#msg803472 date=1274306580]
Greatest Moment:
[/quote]

I saw it! EC was running away with a game at halftime, so I left and flew down I-10 and made the whole 2nd half. Incredible game!  :o   
[/quote]I needed a Tums Tablet after that game... As I saw Dunbar sprint down that leftsideline, I saw our fans go from deafening loud to crickets within a split second...

Guest ECBucFan
As happy as I was for PN-G and their new coach going undefeated, I hated Central lost, too. NO ONE deserved to lose that game!

[quote name="scooter!" post="803676" timestamp="1274367244"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=69842.msg803607#msg803607 date=1274352226]
Beating H-F twice in '83 en route to the Semi's.  33-11 and 39-3 respectively....
[/quote] ;D
[/quote]Scooter, are you an Eagle?

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="HFLONGHORN" post="803605" timestamp="1274342660"]
1993 Bi-District Playoffs - HF vs. SFA

The moment Sean Donaho scored the winning touchdown against a state ranked SFA team that said HF "couldn't hang with them".
[/quote]

SFA got so cocky that year they caused their own exit. The Horns and Donaho plowed over the goal line on a 4th down near the end of the game, if I remember correctly.

[quote name="The GOAT" post="803681" timestamp="1274367634"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=69842.msg803676#msg803676 date=1274367244]
Beating H-F twice in '83 en route to the Semi's.  33-11 and 39-3 respectively....
[/quote] ;D
[/quote]yes sir!!

[quote name="scooter!" post="803903" timestamp="1274413147"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=69842.msg803681#msg803681 date=1274367634]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=69842.msg803676#msg803676 date=1274367244]
[/quote] ;D
[/quote]yes sir!!
[/quote]Me,too!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01