Dayton 42 Vidor 7 Final/Comments

Guest vidorpride

Hats off to Dayton's players and coaches for a well executed game. Vidor better find the intensity we brought into the Nederland game or we are in for a long road the rest of the way. The kids just never seemed to get into this one.

:cry:

Turnovers hurt us again this week..Not saying it would have mattered but it maybe would have helped..

One thing I didnt understand was Dayton was up 35-0..in the 4th.But they was still playing there starters,...they were passing the ball and running that hurry up offense..they didnt quit..they were trying everything going for it on 4th down several times.

I think I would have pulled my starters by then and either rested them or just wouldnt have taken the chance of getting them hurt..

Dayton is very talented and there Qb is awesome..Dugat is good but to tell you the truth i was more impressed with the QB..

Guest maverick24

It is nice to see that the Pirate fans got to see what I said earlier this week! The QB is listed at 6-5 and can run over you or outrun you. Def. is very tough and hit very hard. the Kicker can kick the ball to the endzone at will, that is a big thing not getting a chance to return a kick. All in all after seeing Central this week DAYTON is clearly the best team in this District Today. Congrats to both teams I hope no one had any injuries!

Dayton was a good team' date=' good but not invincible. The kicker had a lot of power but he toe punched the ball every time and used this special shoe and we had to wait for him to put it on and rap it, its probably legal but its just a little strange.[/quote']

???? Its probably a Square Toe Kicking Shoe. It is flat on the end. Nothing strange about it, I would rather see a kid kick the ball in the endzone. Less chance of a return that way.

Dayton was a good team' date=' good but not invincible. The kicker had a lot of power but he toe punched the ball every time and used this special shoe and we had to wait for him to put it on and rap it, its probably legal but its just a little strange.[/quote']

He's a great kicker and nobody had to wait on him.

Pirate fan wrote in an earlier post why the starters stayed in so long and why did we run that hurry up offense?

They did change out alot of kids and they eventually replaced M. Dugat with Maxwell. As far as the hurry up offense goes, there is list of things coaches would like to be able to try and go over in each game. The fact that we were ahead gave a good opprotunity to do those things and try some different stuff. It was not an attempt to run the score up or get our players hurt. Anyway thats my take on it.

Vidor has some good speed and them boys can hit hard. Definately a better team than Lumberton regardless of last weeks score.

Dayton drubs Vidor, 42-7

By Jerry Michalsky

Baytown Sun

Published October 14, 2006

Dayton easily won its third straight district game Friday night with a 42-7 romp over Vidor at Pirate stadium.

In three district games, the Broncos have outscored Lumberton, Ozen and Vidor by a margin of 145-13.

On Friday night, Dayton jumped out to a 35-0 halftime lead and then coasted in the second half.

Michael Dugat and Cody Green lead the Broncos offensively as Dayton rolled up 325 yards of total offense. Dugat scored four times while rushing for 74 yards on 11 carries. The senior running back also added six catches for 70 yards. For Green it was his coming out party as the sophomore quarterback completed a sizzling 21 of 26 passes for 163 yards while adding a touchdown on the ground.

It was though another Dugat who would set the Broncos up for their first score of the night as A. J. Dugat returned a Pirate punt 27 yards to set Dayton up at the Vidor 19-yard line. Three plays later it was Michael Dugat scoring from three yards and a quick 7-0 lead just three minutes into the game. With no time remaining in the first quarter it was Dugat scoring again, this time from six yards out and a 13-0 lead.

Vidor then did something very unusual on their next possession. Facing a 4th and four from their own 26-yard line the Pirates for some reason did not punt. Instead quarterback Roman Franklin tried to get the first down on a quarterback sneak. Franklin was stopped for no gain giving the Broncos great field position once again. Green then scored from 12-yards out on a quarterback keeper two plays later, then hit David Howard for the two-point conversion and a 21-0 lead with 10:17 remaining in the first half of play.

Dayton (4-2 3-0), then marched 56 yards on eight plays for their fourth touchdown of the night with Dugat going in from 10 yards out.

The Broncos then used some trickery late in the first half of play to get on the board again. Green pitched to John Gable who flicked a half back pass to Howard for a three-yard touchdown pass.

Vidor (2-4 1-2) would finally get on the board early in the fourth quarter as Franklin hit Blake Walker for a 15-yard touchdown pass with 9:51 remaining in the contest.

Dugat then crossed the goal line for the fourth time of the night on a five-yard run capping a 60-yard six-play Bronco drive.

The Bronco defense forced three turnovers and held Vidor to 156 yards of total offense. Anthony Williams picked off a Franklin pass for Dayton.

Dayton will return home next week for another big district contest against Little-Cypress Mauriceville who has a 2-1 record in district.

How about that 4th and 4 on your own 26 yd line???

Yeah that wasn't the time or place to even try that. They weren't supposed to snap the ball unless a defensive player jumped into the neutral zone. I guess the center thought he saw something??? Those kids should not have been put in that situation at that point on the field.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami