UFC 113

Not much activity on this topic so I'll start it.

Shogun really stepped up and dominated Machida with his first round knock out. Machida didn't look like a title holder much less a PFP candidate. I really thought Shogun would take it this time but I didn't expect it to be that quick. Shogun says he would fight Anderson; I'd like to see that one.

Koschek got the win and while he dominated Daley with his wrestling I saw no fire to put him away like I expected from him. And then when the fight was over Daley's punk sucker punch made Koschek look like the bigger man,,,,

for just a minute and then he opened his mouth and insulted the hosting Canadians.

Kimbo did not impress me but I was suprised Dana cut him so quick.

Your thoughts?

Guest baseball25
Didn't suprise me about Dana cutting Kimbo because Kimbo looked horrible couldn't even check leg kicks lol, and Daley stuff was uncalled for and white cut him because he's showing everyone he isn't going to let things be like that in the UFC,

Bold is from IOLE from yahoo Sports
he loses nothing with cutting Daley,[b]For all the criticism, fair and otherwise, that White has received for his decisions at the UFC helm, Saturday night demonstrated why he is the sort of leader needed to successfully run a promotion in a business as cutthroat as mixed martial arts. There’s a code of honor and respect in MMA and there are lines you simply don’t cross if you want to compete in the major leagues. What Paul Daley did to Josh Koscheck, sucker-punching him after the fight was over, is a zero-tolerance infraction. White sent an unequivocal message by cutting Daley on the spot. No doubt, some reporters and bloggers will look at every single decision White has ever made in a decade as company president and try to trump up some sort of charge of hypocrisy or inconsistency in his decision making, but White made the right decision in this case, period, end of story.[/b]
sho gun showed something that all fighters need to do to Machida and that is pressure machida because he doesn't fight well going backwards and thats what sho gun did, there saying Sho gun is going to get he winner out of Evans vs Rampage.Make no mistake about it,

[b]Georges St. Pierre against Josh Koscheck for the welterweight title is a money fight. Koscheck cemented his place as the fighter UFC fans most love to hate with his performance in his victory over Daley and with his trash talk afterward. And that’s before we get several months of Koscheck’s mug all over “The Ultimate Fighter” as a coach. As for the title match itself, while it is still hard to see Koscheck beating GSP the second time around, he was, in fact, the last person to win a round against the current champion, back in 2007, and does figure to give the champ his most competitive matchup in quite some time.[/b]

Bottom line is that in a fight anyone can win. Machida lost to a good fighter and will come back to win some more and I feel will be a force again.

GSP will beat Kos, maybe the same way he beat Hardy but then again Hardy was not as good a wrestler as Kos is. The good thing about GSP is he does what needs to be done to get the win. If it take striking then he will out strike you. If it takes wrestling then he will double leg you and ground and pound away at you or submit you if possible. Not to mention that GSP just seems like a good dude, you know. I personally like him a lot, I actually think that from the footage we get to see he seems like he is a very professional fighter in his approach to the game and how serious he takes it while still having a good time. Seems very grounded to me.

Kimbo also seems like a great guy but was a flash in the pan and Dan was right for cutting him. He is too old to learn enough to be a contender in the 205 class and he is too light to make any headway in the HW class.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder