Nederland vs Goose Creek Memorial (2 out of 3)

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="vidor pirate" post="797706" timestamp="1272995000"]
no offence gcm, but big ned wins this 1 in straight games behind bellow and laird, laird would be the number 1 on any team in this district behind bellow of ned and hester of vidor
[/quote]

None taken.

We know what's in front of us. Does not mean we will just hand it to them.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="797708" timestamp="1272995122"]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=69375.msg797706#msg797706 date=1272995000]
no offence gcm, but big ned wins this 1 in straight games behind bellow and laird, laird would be the number 1 on any team in this district behind bellow of ned and hester of vidor
[/quote]

None taken.

We know what's in front of us. Does not mean we will just hand it to them.
[/quote]
exactly, that's the right attitude to have, go out there and play well, any 1 has a chance on any given day

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="797706" timestamp="1272995000"]
no offence gcm, but big ned wins this 1 in straight games behind bellow and laird, [b]laird would be the number 1 on any team in this district behind bellow of ned and hester of vidor[/b][/quote] My mid county boys from Big Ned take this series. Big Ned to much for GCM. I think 20/4A to much for 19/4A to be honest with you. I dont know if I would put Laird above Sweetenham from PN-G. He pitched a pretty stout game 1, of Mid County madness. I wouldnt leave him out of that group.

[quote name="NDNS87" post="797909" timestamp="1273065466"]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=69375.msg797706#msg797706 date=1272995000]
no offence gcm, but big ned wins this 1 in straight games behind bellow and laird, [b]laird would be the number 1 on any team in this district behind bellow of ned and hester of vidor[/b][/quote] My mid county boys from Big Ned take this series. Big Ned to much for GCM. I think 20/4A to much for 19/4A to be honest with you. I dont know if I would put Laird above Sweetenham from PN-G. He pitched a pretty stout game 1, of Mid County madness. I wouldnt leave him out of that group.
And as I've said before 20/4A sweeps 19/4A.
[/quote]
you make agood point, sweet is a dang good pitcher, i just think laird's stuff is a little bit better

[quote name="im on fire" post="798084" timestamp="1273095986"]
laird will prob pitch first game.  i would save bellow to finish it or tie it up.
[/quote]

Why wouldn't you lead a series with your #1?  I realize that 19/4A may not be as strong as "the 20", but the boys from GCM should not be under estimated.  They have some pretty impressive sticks.

Even though Bellow is our #1, Laird is undefeated, so our coach has the luxury of pitching Laird first and pitching Bellow to win....hopefully. It really doesn't matter to me who pitches the 1st game. Let's not forget our offense. Nederland's bats will win it for whoever is pitching.

Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="hookslide" post="798092" timestamp="1273097701"]
[quote author=im on fire link=topic=69375.msg798084#msg798084 date=1273095986]
laird will prob pitch first game.  i would save bellow to finish it or tie it up.
[/quote]

I realize that 19/4A may not be as strong as "the 20"

A little early there Hooks......a little Early.  Ask Vidor, Ask PNG..........

Kick thier tails GCM.......

Either way Ned needs at least 2 starting pitchers. They have to play 2 games at least so it doesn't matter who pitches game one or two. Its Laird's turn in the rotation so you start him and keep Bellow on his usual Friday start. I don't see how this matters at all?

Nederland & all of 20-4A got a pretty good wake up call from last nights results. Hopefully this will work to their advantage the next few days. 4th place teams have taken down the champs before, so don't chalk any wins or losses until the fat lady has sung.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83