ALL SETX SOCCER TEAM RESULTS

[center]ALL SETX SOCCER TEAM[/center]

[center]PLAYERS OF THE YEAR[/center]
Scott Pool – Lumberton (Sr.) – Forward[right]Chloe Chaisson – PNG (Jr.) - Forward[/right]
[center]COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR[/center]
[center]Lauren Washburn - Nederland (Sr.)[/center]

BOYS[right]GIRLS[/right]
Utility – Garhett Bonneaux – LCM (Jr.)[right]Utility – Ashley Braddok – Lumberton (Jr.)[/right]
Forward – Hector Garcia – Nederland (Sr.)[right]Forward – Kaitlyn Stowe – Lumberton (Jr.)[/right]
Midfield – Jordan Wagner – Nederland (Jr.)[right]Midfield – Molly James – Lumberton (Sr.)[/right]
Defense – Jesse Sparks – Lumberton (Sr.)[right]Defender – Madeline Horning – Kelly (Jr.)[/right]
Goalkeeper – Caleb Schexnider – Lumberton (Sr.)[right]Goalkeeper – Bailey Fontenot – HJ (Jr.)[/right]

[quote name="DoctorDave" post="794731" timestamp="1272244025"]
PN-G beat both Lumberton teams handily this year. Given Lumberton's superior talent, I must then assume that PN-G had superior coaching.
[/quote]

with this set-up, it's next to impossible to keep it from turning into a "which school has the most posters vote" contest.  That being said, this was still a good thing for the site and for the kids who made the team, and a pretty decent outcome considering this is the first time we've tried this.  I'm going to work with hj_hawk_60 and see if we can come up with a better system next year.  There were definitely some inappropriate actions taken by a few people throughout the course of this voting process, and we'll continue to work to improve it.

[quote name="DoctorDave" post="794731" timestamp="1272244025"]
PN-G beat both Lumberton teams handily this year. Given Lumberton's superior talent, I must then assume that PN-G had superior coaching.
[/quote]

Kelly Girls beat both teams...limiting the Texas higher scorer to 1 goal in 2 matches and the Forward of the year to 2 shots in their 1 meeting...Kaitlyn and Chloe both hold a warm place in my heart.. They are both incredibly hard working young ladies... But the fact remains the Best soccer players in SETX reside at Kelly High School at this current time....Horning, Afshar, Dykeman, Prince, Long and company .... 3-0 against Lumberton and PN-G and more wins if you go back to their freshman and sophmore years..

This hurts me to say but I am going to say it anyway and probably delete it tomorrow. Chloe scored 50+ goals on the rest of the state. NOT THE BULLDOGS OF KELLY HIGH!!!! Said it loud, I am BLUE and I am Proud... James Brown lol!  

West Brook and Kelly should have had more representation...

I Can hear Watash now.. RIP put down the mouse  and back away from the computer.. ;D

[quote name="rip2506" post="794767" timestamp="1272249465"]
[quote author=DoctorDave link=topic=69072.msg794731#msg794731 date=1272244025]
[/quote]

Kelly Girls beat both teams...limiting the Texas higher scorer to 1 goal in 2 matches and the Forward of the year to 2 shots in their 1 meeting...Kaitlyn and Chloe both hold a warm place in my heart.. They are both incredibly hard working young ladies... But the fact remains the Best soccer players in SETX reside at Kelly High School at this current time....Horning, Afshar, Dykeman, Prince, Long and company .... 3-0 against Lumberton and PN-G and more wins if you go back to their freshman and sophmore years..

This hurts me to say but I am going to say it anyway and probably delete it tomorrow. Chloe scored 50+ goals on the rest of the state. NOT THE BULLDOGS OF KELLY HIGH!!!! Said it loud, I am BLUE and I am Proud... James Brown lol! 

I Can hear Watash now.. RIP put down the mouse  and back away from the computer.. ;D
[/quote]
Not necessarily ALL of the best players in SETX, that's pushing it. But I will say that each one of thoe girls you named should have one of these titles. Horning for Defensive Player of the Year ( she got ), Prince for Untility Player of the Year, and Afshar for Midfield or Utility up against Prince... hands down. Lumberton parents just show to be more "supportive" on this site :P Kelly is fortunate to have a high school team stacked with Div 1 and Premier players unlike most, and it shows! Very talented girls on that team.

[quote name="Frogger09" post="794796" timestamp="1272255759"]
[quote author=rip2506 link=topic=69072.msg794767#msg794767 date=1272249465]
[quote author=DoctorDave link=topic=69072.msg794731#msg794731 date=1272244025]
[/quote]

I Can hear Watash now.. RIP put down the mouse  and back away from the computer.. ;D
[/quote]
Not necessarily ALL of the best players in SETX, that's pushing it. But I will say that each one of thoe girls you named should have one of these titles. Horning for Defensive Player of the Year ( she got ), Prince for Untility Player of the Year, and Afshar for Midfield or Utility up against Prince... hands down. Lumberton parents just show to be more "supportive" on this site :P Kelly is fortunate to have a high school team stacked with Div 1 and Premier players unlike most, and it shows! Very talented girls on that team.
[/quote]

ALL was a strecth...  You pointed out something very important though and that is stacked... This did not happen by chance it was a concerted effort by players and parents alike.... My goal is to help the other surrounding schools to STACK their rosters as well. Unfortunately it is not garnering much support (Super Gold Club)..

However I want to use this forum to say this to ALL the parents.. And if most of you are Lumberton folks... GREAT!  If your child can play premier... They should... If they can play Div 1... They should... If they can play  Super 2.... They Should.. If they can play Div 2  They most certainly should... And that my friends is how you stack a roster with talented players... No magic.  Just Do IT! now where did I hear that before.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder