Womens Basketball Getting Ranked

I want to know everyone's opinion on this years Lady Cardinal basketball team. I honestly think a top 25 ranking will happen this year based on the fact that Jenna Plumley and another ex Big 12 player in monique whitaker are returning along with a great supporting cast. I know it early to state this considering the schedule isn't out yet. What does everyone think?

Yeah I am not sure about getting ranked, but if we increase our win total by at least 4 games and lose less than 2 conference games (to good teams also), then maybe we can get somewhere closer to a 10 seed in the NCAA tournament. Of course, we have to win the SLC tournament also and winning a game against an opponent like Texas Tech wouldn't hurt.

Guest coachacola
If they beat Tennessee next year and maybe only have a couple of losses at the most then they could get ranked.  But just one loss in the SLC would knock them out of the polls.  I think what's more important is having a great RPI come tourney time, get a decent seeding, and maybe win a game or two in the NCAA tourney.

Back in the day we had to beat 2 ranked teams before we cracked the top 25.  LU can be 25-2 but if those 2 defeats are to ranked teams by 40 points then they will never be ranked.  However, I believe they can do it. 

I had a chance to talk with Coach Tidwell this weekend.  I really like his attitude towards next season and I'm very excited about the future of the Lady Cards.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami