IS FORNEY GOING TO BE THE BULLDOGS STARTING QB? I HEARD DIFFERENT

IT WAS BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT FORNEY WOULD NOT BE THE STARTING QUARTERBACK FOR THE 2010 SEASON. NOW IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME THIS PROGRAM WAS ON LIFE SUPPORT PRIOR TO HIM BECOMING THE QB. NOW IF THIS INFO THAT I RECEIVED IS CORRECT, I WILL START TO WONDER IF THE COACH IS THINKING WITH HIS HEART OR HIS HEAD. CHECK THIS KIDS STATS IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME!!!!!
              PA PC Pct Yds TD Int 
      2009  120 66 55.0 941 11 4

Guest Penny
It was brought to your ATTENTION... I would love for you to tell us how this was brought to your attention... PLEASE tell US.  Not calling you a LIAR, but wondering how you would be in on high level staff decisions... freakin hilarious.  Although, the decision wouldn't surprise me as Neumann WILL get the best 22 players on the field.... period. 

[quote name="Scoutu14" post="793191" timestamp="1271900829"]
IT WAS BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT FORNEY WOULD NOT BE THE STARTING QUARTERBACK FOR THE 2010 SEASON. NOW IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME THIS PROGRAM WAS ON LIFE SUPPORT PRIOR TO HIM BECOMING THE QB. NOW IF THIS INFO THAT I RECEIVED IS CORRECT, [b]I WILL START TO WONDER IF THE COACH IS THINKING WITH HIS HEART OR HIS HEAD[/b]. CHECK THIS KIDS STATS IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME!!!!!
              PA PC Pct Yds TD Int 

[/quote]

No if he was coaching with his heart I kind of think he would start Forney. He has loved his potential since he was a Freshman.

[quote name="Penny" post="793329" timestamp="1271909902"]
It was brought to your ATTENTION... I would love for you to tell us how this was brought to your attention... PLEASE tell US.  Not calling you a LIAR, but wondering how you would be in on high level staff decisions... freakin hilarious.  Although, the decision wouldn't surprise me as Neumann WILL get the best 22 players on the field.... period. 
[/quote]

You ever think that maybe the poster is connected to Forney in someway.......freaking hilarious. Nice callout when you are the one that has no clue.

[quote name="Penny" post="793329" timestamp="1271909902"]
[/quote] I love how u guys try to put a spin on this, I can almost guarantee you that all returning QBs that started last year are 1st on the depth chart at every other school. Now if this is true its sad.... period.

I'd look for maybe three QB's to get playing time this year. The one who moves the chains or matches up best against the defense gets the ball more during that game. Another creative year of coaching and getting the most out of what each QB brings to the huddle. Always fun to watch Bulldog Football....

[quote author=Scoutu14 link=topic=68945.msg793191#msg793191 date=1271900829]
IT WAS BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT FORNEY WOULD NOT BE THE STARTING QUARTERBACK FOR THE 2010 SEASON. NOW IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME THIS PROGRAM WAS ON LIFE SUPPORT PRIOR TO HIM BECOMING THE QB. NOW IF THIS INFO THAT I RECEIVED IS CORRECT, I WILL START TO WONDER IF THE COACH IS THINKING WITH HIS HEART OR HIS HEAD. CHECK THIS KIDS STATS IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME!!!!!
               PA PC Pct Yds TD Int   

[/quotI

I love to read post from people like you ;D  Nederland has had success for years with Neumann and his assistants evaluating their players and putting them in the best place to make Nederland successful, yet, you are going to question their decisions?

Now maybe I am wrong here, but I bet that Neumann and his staff spend many hours with their players and are quite aware of their abilities. 

But let me guess, you know more than they do? ::) ???

[quote name="Scoutu14" post="794147" timestamp="1272070466"]
If Forney were connected to me, we wouldnt be having this discussion.It's too political in that small town. I wish i could come down there and watch their spring game to watch that big 6-5 245 pound qb destroy his so-called competition.
[/quote]6-5 245 POUND QB that runs a 5.6 40yd dash not good for the spread...But good for defence... There are kids on that team that can run and throw just as good as Forney  ...He would help the team more on defence

[quote name="Scoutu14" post="794147" timestamp="1272070466"]
If Forney were connected to me, we wouldnt be having this discussion.It's too political in that small town. I wish i could come down there and watch their spring game to watch that big 6-5 245 pound qb destroy his so-called competition.
[/quote]

OK new guy with only 11 posts. Very defensive over something that probably isn't decided yet. Sounds fishey to me. Is it someone who needed to create a new profile to say this or is it someone connected and upset? Maybe both? I guess time will tell. What do you mean by so called? What kind of coach would not make their starting QB position be a competition? One that is not very smart. What if there IS someone better? Have you answered all these questions to yourself? I bet not!!!!!

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="794718" timestamp="1272240124"]
[quote author=Scoutu14 link=topic=68945.msg794147#msg794147 date=1272070466]
[/quote]

OK new guy with only 11 posts. Very defensive over something that probably isn't decided yet. Sounds fishey to me. Is it someone who needed to create a new profile to say this or is it someone connected and upset? Maybe both? I guess time will tell. What do you mean by so called? What kind of coach would not make their starting QB position be a competition? One that is not very smart. What if there IS someone better? Have you answered all these questions to yourself? I bet not!!!!!
[/quote]
I agree with Jack...you got to earn it...Jr is in competition with the coach's son at WB...what Jr did last season....was last season....sorry, this year we have worked harder than last year....If I were Forney's dad, I'd just work him as hard as possible....I tell Jr not to be satisfied being the starting Qb at WB....shoot to be the best you can be! if that means ALL SETXSPoRTS.COM or ALL AMERICAN..or neither...so be it...do your best.

Competition is a good thing we all know that, but Forney the 5.9 40 kid who is to slow for the spead did lead his team to the playoffs.Second if i can remember right the other kid was not doing so well before he got hurt,'' no pun attended toward the kid''.I just think that comming in the job should be for Forney to lose not taken away from. Not that i have a bone in this fight but if this is true this is SAD.

[quote name="ballin4life" post="794847" timestamp="1272290620"]
 Competition is a good thing we all know that, but Forney the 5.9 40 kid who is to slow for the spead did lead his team to the playoffs.Second if i can remember right the other kid was not doing so well before he got hurt,'' no pun attended toward the kid''.I just think that comming in the job should be for Forney to lose not taken away from. Not that i have a bone in this fight but if this is true this is SAD.
[/quote]
A kid's 40 time is a bit over rated...Forney can run a 5.4....who cares if it's a 6.0....does he win games?  I know 40 times get attention, but I think the smart coaches want to know if he knows how to win....on the other hand, how good is the defense....I'd like my best athletes on defense....If the opposing team can not score, the game will be closer and always with in reach.

not so sure about that Soulja...in any event, the decision will be made by the coaches who see them and work with them every day throughout the season and off-season...again, what is best for the team overall will win out I am sure...again, I think that Nederland cannot really go wrong here...multiple outstanding candidates IMO and I feel like they can win with any of them under center.

The difference was apparent as night and day.  One qb was throwing dying ducks and the other was throwing accurate bullets...And since we was bringing pressure to the qb, one was scared of getting hit by falling down and stuff like that and the other stood tall in the pocket while shrugging off tacklers....

the other QB in the mix with Forney for the job was not suited out when we played you guys, Soulja so you cannot be talking about him...I agree that Forney was far and away our best option last year after Bellow and Smith went down and he did some remarkable things that basically saved our season...I am not saying Forney may not be the best choice, because he well could be, but the guy you are comparing him to is not the guy he is locked in competition with now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami