How good are the bears going to be???

Guest Bearball18

I know were not setexas, but I love the website, high school sports in general and knowing what were facing once the playoffs get here.  Plus I admire how much y'all support your teams.  I wish we had something like this site.  The only thing they show alot of pride in around here is baseball.  Fortunatly, were getting behind our football program more and more.  I feel out of place alot of the time on here, but like I said...once the playoffs are here, atleast I'm familiar with what were facing.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="792235" timestamp="1271739475"]
I know were not setexas, but I love the website, high school sports in general and knowing what were facing once the playoffs get here.  Plus I admire how much y'all support your teams.  I wish we had something like this site.  The only thing they show a lot of pride in around here is baseball.  Fortunately, were getting behind our football program more and more.  I feel out of place a lot of the time on here, but like I said...once the playoffs are here, at least I'm familiar with what were facing.
[/quote]

No need to feel out of place.  The opinions of you, your Cubs brethen, fellow 18-4A members (next year to be 17-4A) or for that matter, any from outside our coverage area are welcome, ANY TIME!!!

Heck, if enough of ya' show interest and post here.  SETXsports may annex y'all. ;)

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="792236" timestamp="1271740095"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=68822.msg792235#msg792235 date=1271739475]
I know were not setexas, but I love the website, high school sports in general and knowing what were facing once the playoffs get here.  Plus I admire how much y'all support your teams.  I wish we had something like this site.  The only thing they show a lot of pride in around here is baseball.  Fortunately, were getting behind our football program more and more.  I feel out of place a lot of the time on here, but like I said...once the playoffs are here, at least I'm familiar with what were facing.
[/quote]

No need to feel out of place.   The opinions of you, your Cubs brethen, fellow 18-4A members (next year to be 17-4A) or for that matter, any from outside our coverage area are welcome, ANY TIME!!!

Heck, if enough of ya' show interest and post here.  SETXsports may annex y'all. ;)
[/quote]

Thanks for making me feel welcome.  The way I see it, we can help each other.  For example, I'm fimiliar with our district and if a setexas team is playing a team from our district, I can answer any questions people may have and vis-versa.  Actually, that's how I found this website.  I was studying up for the PNG playoff game and people started asking me about our team.  I found it very helpful and interesting.    

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="792238" timestamp="1271743145"]
I look for LCM to be very similar to the Vidor team last year. Both had a lot coming back from not very good teams. Vidor got in the playoffs and I look for LCM to do the same.
[/quote]

I don't see LCM anything like Vidor.  Vidor runs, and has for some time now, an outdated strictly ground-oriented offense.  And outside of the offensive line, they didn't really have any stand-outs.

Now take LCM.  In their first year in a pass-happy spread offense, they showed remarkable improvement.  They are significantly faster than Vidor (going to regionals in 4x1 and 4x2) and have a stud quarterback and stud receiver.  Probably b/c having to practice against this offense, the pass defense was definately above average last year, and should be significantly better this year.  And look for the problems at linebacker to be fixed.

While Vidor returned more starters, LCM returns more game-changers and has enough speed to compete in the 21st game.

My diagnosis:Top 3 in district

The first full year under Crouch, several returning starters, and a good bit of support. That's a winning equation. LC-M will be a solid contender for a playoff birth, which shows serious improvement as compared to years past.

I see the fourth playoff spot going to one of two teams: LC-M or Ozen.

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="792699" timestamp="1271820199"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=68822.msg792238#msg792238 date=1271743145]
I look for LCM to be very similar to the Vidor team last year. Both had a lot coming back from not very good teams. Vidor got in the playoffs and I look for LCM to do the same.
[/quote]
 [b]They are significantly faster than Vidor (going to regionals in 4x1 and 4x2[/b]) and have a stud quarterback and stud receiver.  Probably b/c having to practice against this offense, the pass defense was definately above average last year, and should be significantly better this year.  While Vidor returned more starters, LCM returns more game-changers and has enough speed to compete in the 21st game.

[/quote]

You cant really go by this district in track for speed. This District For other than Central, and Ozen, isnt really a Track district..is more of a Baseball District..(Football 1st, Baseball 2nd)
But any way...I really Like Ozen in that 4 spot..Cause really, Ozen has everything you say LCM has other than the amount of Returning starters, And in that place Ozen has more Athletes than LCM, Plus two new coaches whos in their 2nd year, And IMO i dnt really think the amount of retruning starters matters..I mean Central only had 3 returning startrs last year and we went 3 rounds and was 2nd in District,..So.. But it will be a war no doubt for every spot, not just the 4th, 1st - 7th
Were not a lock for 1st or 2nd and P.N.G isnt a lock..

You talking about the outdated offense that has hung 84 points on you in the last 2 years? Pirates roll again in 2010, bears can't stop  this offense. bears finish in the bottom 3.[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="792699" timestamp="1271820199"]
[/quote]

I don't see LCM anything like Vidor.  Vidor runs, and has for some time now, an outdated strictly ground-oriented offense.  And outside of the offensive line, they didn't really have any stand-outs.

Now take LCM.  In their first year in a pass-happy spread offense, they showed remarkable improvement.  They are significantly faster than Vidor (going to regionals in 4x1 and 4x2) and have a stud quarterback and stud receiver.  Probably b/c having to practice against this offense, the pass defense was definately above average last year, and should be significantly better this year.  And look for the problems at linebacker to be fixed.

While Vidor returned more starters, LCM returns more game-changers and has enough speed to compete in the 21st game.

[/quote] ;) ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="dockofthebay" post="793279" timestamp="1271908115"]
You talking about the outdated offense that has hung 84 points on you in the last 2 years? Pirates roll again in 2010, bears can't stop  this offense. bears finish in the bottom 3.[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=68822.msg792699#msg792699 date=1271820199]
[/quote]

[/quote] ;) ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]
For a team with no standouts, I thought Kevin Tate and Shane Pittman were  pretty decent ballcarriers. ???

[quote name="bigtank_77705" post="792854" timestamp="1271862218"]
LCM will be in the hunt just like everyone else in 20-4A. PNG and Central was the only two teams that was in for sure at the start of week 10, everyone else was competing for the 3rd and 4th spot. And more than likely that is how it will be next year, [b]but in 20-4A anything could happen.[/b]
[/quote]

As last year proved....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont