PNG @ Vidor Predictions...

Guest JoesBros

your right admin they do have a quality team and hester did pitch against big ned last time . he was quickly taken out because we scored 3 against him also nederland has been hitting the ball well and will be ready whoever pitches not the same team as the first district game .pitching has gotten better also .however still a 3 team race for the title. may the best team win!!

[quote name="Pirate for Life!" post="792132" timestamp="1271725102"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=68778.msg791966#msg791966 date=1271693513]
[quote author=JoesBros link=topic=68778.msg791965#msg791965 date=1271693091]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=68778.msg791755#msg791755 date=1271618478]
Hester is a one man team. No one else can hit.
[/quote]
Apparently you havent seen this team play all season.
[/quote]

Well, I saw them play PNG a couple weeks ago. Other than Hester, they didn't impress me at all.
[/quote]Wow! when has Vidor ever impressed a PNG fan?  :o The guys are starting to hit again. The only reason I am not saying we will take this one is it is tough to beat the top four in this district 2 times in the same season. We usually split. Hopefully this year will be different.
[/quote]

I was just trying to get a rise out of JoesBros, Vidor is a quality team.

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="PNGFan" post="792166" timestamp="1271728996"]
[quote author=Pirate for Life! link=topic=68778.msg792132#msg792132 date=1271725102]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=68778.msg791966#msg791966 date=1271693513]
[quote author=JoesBros link=topic=68778.msg791965#msg791965 date=1271693091]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=68778.msg791755#msg791755 date=1271618478]
Hester is a one man team. No one else can hit.
[/quote]
Apparently you havent seen this team play all season.
[/quote]

Well, I saw them play PNG a couple weeks ago. Other than Hester, they didn't impress me at all.
[/quote]Wow! when has Vidor ever impressed a PNG fan?  :o The guys are starting to hit again. The only reason I am not saying we will take this one is it is tough to beat the top four in this district 2 times in the same season. We usually split. Hopefully this year will be different.
[/quote]

I was just trying to get a rise out of JoesBros, Vidor is a quality team.

[/quote]
Why get a rise out of me? Like i have connections with both schools or something  ;)

[quote name="sportsallday" post="792215" timestamp="1271733816"]
If hester doesn't pitch, PNG wins BIG....  Be realistic..  The only quality teams we've beaten all year are when Hester throws...
[/quote]
Yea im pretty sure thats because all of the quality teams we have played, Hester pitched..... Whos to say we would have lost them games if somebody else was on the bump?

Guest JoesBros
The difference tonight is weather or not Vidor's bats show up. It dosent matter who Green throws out there to pitch. Is Reyenga or Sweetham pitching for PNG tonight?

[quote name="JoesBros" post="792292" timestamp="1271772648"]
The difference tonight is weather or not Vidor's bats show up. It dosent matter who Green throws out there to pitch. Is Reyenga or Sweetham pitching for PNG tonight?
[/quote]

Should be Sweetham, I wasn't at the game Friday so I couldn't tell you who pitched.

hester will be on the mound tonight i know his family well and he will pitch and he was scheduled to pitch against nederland but for some reason the coach called him in the office on thursday and told him that he would not pitch i still dont know what coach green was thinking by that, those kind of decsions will get a coaches job

[quote name="Vpbaseball#9" post="792291" timestamp="1271772197"]
[quote author=sportsallday link=topic=68778.msg792215#msg792215 date=1271733816]
If hester doesn't pitch, PNG wins BIG....  Be realistic..  The only quality teams we've beaten all year are when Hester throws...
[/quote]
Yea im pretty sure thats because all of the quality teams we have played, Hester pitched..... Whos to say we would have lost them games if somebody else was on the bump?
[/quote]

if your a player, why you talking on the boards. thats never good lol

Guest pirates
[quote name="The Real McCoy 12" post="792416" timestamp="1271798993"]
hester will be on the mound tonight i know his family well and he will pitch and he was scheduled to pitch against nederland but for some reason the coach called him in the office on thursday and told him that he would not pitch i still dont know what coach green was thinking by that, those kind of decsions will get a coaches job
[/quote]

Before you start this mess, lets get the facts straight.  Trae went to Coach Green and told him he needed some more rest.  It was Hester's choice not to pitch against Nederland.  As far as getting Green's job, THAT WON'T HAPPEN.  THAT'S A FACT>>>>>

[quote name="Pirates" post="792478" timestamp="1271805459"]
[quote author=The Real McCoy 12 link=topic=68778.msg792416#msg792416 date=1271798993]
[/quote]

Before you start this mess, lets get the facts straight.  Trae went to Coach Green and told him he needed some more rest.  It was Hester's choice not to pitch against Nederland.  As far as getting Green's job, THAT WON'T HAPPEN.  THAT'S A FACT>>>>>
[/quote]      well i am glad that is what you think but not true he was upset he didnt start and if he needed more rest why did they bring him in the game in the 5th dont make any sense to me but you know i have seen coaches get fired for less and he better enjoy this season cause he dont have another trae at vidor any time soon

[quote name="The Real McCoy 12" post="792590" timestamp="1271814707"]
[quote author=Pirates link=topic=68778.msg792478#msg792478 date=1271805459]
[quote author=The Real McCoy 12 link=topic=68778.msg792416#msg792416 date=1271798993]
[/quote]

[/quote]       well i am glad that is what you think but not true he was upset he didnt start and if he needed more rest why did they bring him in the game in the 5th dont make any sense to me but you know i have seen coaches get fired for less and he better enjoy this season cause he dont have another trae at vidor any time soon
[/quote]He doesn't have to make sense to you, he's 18-4 (9-2 district) 8) 8) 8) ;D

[quote name="baseball10" post="792468" timestamp="1271803978"]
[quote author=Vpbaseball#9 link=topic=68778.msg792291#msg792291 date=1271772197]
[quote author=sportsallday link=topic=68778.msg792215#msg792215 date=1271733816]
[/quote]
[/quote]

if your a player, why you talking on the boards. thats never good lol
[/quote]
Yea you are right that would not be good.... I graduated in 08..... why are you talking on the boards????? Lol Plus there are no rules against it.... I mean yea when i played coach said he didn't want to hear about the forums and if he did, we got punished.... But im pretty sure that is not your call....

[quote name="The Real McCoy 12" post="792416" timestamp="1271798993"]
[/quote]You have got to be kidding me  ??? Who are you ????The Mayor of Vidor..YOU MUST BE A KID ON THE BUBBLE OF BEING A AVERAGE PLAYER .. "R" MAYBE YOU ARE ONE OF THEM PARENTS WHOS KID IS BELOW AVERAGE..LIKE I SAID BEFORE VIDOR IS JUST A NORMAL BASEBALL PROGRAM WITHOUT GREEN...THIS GUY PUT VIDOR BASEBALL ON THE MAP ;)

[quote name="BaseBow" post="792786" timestamp="1271849919"]
[/quote]You have got to be kidding me  ??? Who are you ????The Mayor of Vidor..YOU MUST BE A KID ON THE BUBBLE OF BEING A AVERAGE PLAYER .. "R" MAYBE YOU ARE ONE OF THEM PARENTS WHOS KID IS BELOW AVERAGE..LIKE I SAID BEFORE VIDOR IS JUST A NORMAL BASEBALL PROGRAM WITHOUT GREEN...THIS GUY PUT VIDOR BASEBALL ON THE MAP ;)
[/quote]
Well said Basebow, Green has made vidor baseball what it is today.... This guy is a outstanding coach... Sometimes if your gut tells you something you just have to go with it and hope you made the right decision...

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="JoesBros" post="792292" timestamp="1271772648"]
[b]The difference tonight is weather or not Vidor's bats show up.[/b] It dosent matter who Green throws out there to pitch. Is Reyenga or Sweetham pitching for PNG tonight?
[/quote]
Was I not right?? Everybody talks about Trae's pitching but the difference was the Pirates bats. Bubba Maxwell hits a two run home run in the first and they never lost the lead. Not to mention Joe Mojica getting on base just about everytime he steps up to the plate like he's been doing all season. After the two runs on the throwing error in the second inning Mike Hester nailed a shot over the left field wall. Not to mention the two defensive plays that sticks out. The spinning play made behind the second base bag by Maxwell in the 6th inning and the great catch Tyler Kennon had a the base of the wall in right field for the final out. So that just wasnt Trae Hester who won the game last night that was a total team effort.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="792867" timestamp="1271863821"]
[quote author=JoesBros link=topic=68778.msg792292#msg792292 date=1271772648]
[b]The difference tonight is weather or not Vidor's bats show up.[/b] It dosent matter who Green throws out there to pitch. Is Reyenga or Sweetham pitching for PNG tonight?
[/quote]
Was I not right?? Everybody talks about Trae's pitching but the difference was the Pirates bats. Bubba Maxwell hits a two run home run in the first and they never lost the lead. Not to mention Joe Mojica getting on base just about everytime he steps up to the plate like he's been doing all season. After the two runs on the throwing error in the second inning Mike Hester nailed a shot over the left field wall. Not to mention the two defensive plays that sticks out. The spinning play made behind the second base bag by Maxwell in the 6th inning and the great catch Tyler Kennon had a the base of the wall in right field for the final out. So that just wasnt Trae Hester who won the game last night that was a total team effort.
[/quote]
Also as I stated [b]TEAM!![/b] And yes you were right joesbros

Guest pirates
We all know who you are, Hester's next door neighbor.  I can tell you this, it's not what I think, all facts.  He may have been upset, for show to his parents......

[quote name="The Real McCoy 12" post="792590" timestamp="1271814707"]
[quote author=Pirates link=topic=68778.msg792478#msg792478 date=1271805459]
[/quote]

[/quote]       well i am glad that is what you think but not true he was upset he didnt start and if he needed more rest why did they bring him in the game in the 5th dont make any sense to me but you know i have seen coaches get fired for less and he better enjoy this season cause he dont have another trae at vidor any time soon
[/quote]