Pinto Team / Director's Tourney

As we plan for the upcoming Director's Tournament in Vidor, I am wondering if I could get some help from the wisdom of this board.  How many teams do each team have in Pinto this year.  If we can figure this out, then we will know a maximum number of teams that we are planning for. 

I know that Vidor has 9. 

I think Twin County has 7. 

I heard Orange has 12  :o

I heard Groves has 3.

I have no idea on Port Arthur. 

But I know this board knows mo
re than I do on this.  So please correct me if I got these numbers wrong, and someone from Port Arthur weigh in to help us out.

TIA

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJB.  I really appreciate the info.  And I understand that not all the team may actually attend.  But we are just trying to get an most teams scenario so we can start planning. 

Someone from Groves or Port Arthur have to be on here.  Cmon!

Thanks to All.  I am not in the know as to how many of the Vidor Teams will be playing in the Tournament yet, but I will post the info as soon as I hear about it on this thread. 

I know that Vidor is trying to figure out a way to host the entire Tournament.  I hope that the weather is good and that we can make it a First Class event for all of the Teams.

We will have trouble equally the food from the last two years in Port Arthur.  But we will still try to make it an A+ experience!

• 2 weeks later...
All quiet on the western front?  Where is the chatter?  What is the skinny on the Groves team (which team is it?)  Who is checking in here from Orange?  I think that there are 5 teams from Vidor that all have a chance to win it all. 

From what I now gather at this late hour, Vidor and Orange will be hosting this year's event.  We will work our best to get Orange in good condition in the next two days.  We are on short notice to say the least, lol.

Orange has a few teams that should do well.  The Indians, Twins and Yankees might have a chance. 

Saw the brackets today.  Vidor is main host with Orange helping out through Monday.  No games in TC.  Weather report looks real good.  Like I said, there are 5 strong teams from Vidor and the 4 others will make some noise.  Our last place team almost beat the second place team a few nights ago (FYI). 

The directors tournament sounds like a great event & hope it goes well.  It looks like Orange, Twin County & Vidor will all participate in the fall league out at Ford Park.  Jefferson County (Groves) hasn't gotten back with me, but i know that they do have their fall league that they run.    I would appreciate any assistance you can, in spreading the word to all the parents & coaches that they will be able to play out at Ford Park this fall.

Its going to be a fun/low pressure fall environment open to everyone.  No select/all star teams.  All games will be sunday DH's and i will recommend to coaches that practices be optional, so kids can play football & soccer as well.  We are hoping to have 10-15 leagues participate.

For more info, please email me at [email protected] .

thanks.
Jason Tyner

[quote name="texcoug" post="798566" timestamp="1273176955"]
Jason picked a nice  thread to pimp his fall league.   ;D 

See you tonight Rob.  Are you going to share the lowdown on the teeballers too (you know I am back down there)...
[/quote]

Unfortunately I know nothing about any Shetland teams.........but I will see you tonight!!!!!

Brackets completed, coins tossed...tournament gets off with a bang in Orange as the 1st place Orange Yankees take on the once defeated Vidor Cubs.  Can the Cubs recover from their lone loss of the season at the hands of the up and coming Astros?  Can someone lend me some spray on anti-anxiety medicine for the Cub fans... (you know who your are)....After the tough loss to the Astros, Head Coach Hal said, "I am doing holding runners up -- forget these other coaches -- it is green lights all the way..."  Maybe Green Light LaPray will have his boys ready.  Until Sat....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder