Is Lamar football ready for regular season play?

Will Lamar have all 63 scholarships in use during the first year? Wouldn't think so at this point, unless you are going to take scholarships from kids on the current roster and reduce them. So, what are they at?

The first schedule should be interesting. Lamar is going to take their lumps in 2010, but pull off a surprising win or two. In 2011, they really need to be ready with SLC play!

"LIMITATIONS: NCAA rules state that only 90 Student-Athletes can participate during the assigned preseason
(two-a-days) workouts. This number (90) includes scholarship and non scholarship student-athletes.
Once school starts, the Lamar athletic department has capped the total roster limitation to a total of 100 for
scholarship and non-scholarship student-athletes."

Should be ok for this year.  The only thing I see is next years recruiting class.  There aren't many seniors (if any).  There will be some position battles to stay under the 100.

[quote name="lu cards" post="789673" timestamp="1271184022"]lamar will have all 65 filled this fall.i remember reading woodard say he was saving a few for potential transfers this summer.73 on roster now and should at 100 when summer workouts start.[/quote]

So is Woodard not needing to sign many players in Feb. '11 since he'll already have a full roster outside of attrition? Surprised he'd fill them all, unless he gave guys the head's up before that he'd cut their dollars back after the first year...

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="789847" timestamp="1271207445"]
If he can recruit 15 players better than the worse 15 on the team then that's what he will recruit.......
[/quote]I would rather he recruit 15 players better than the top 15 players.

The stadium is getting there ... that's for sure. Brick is going up on the face of the Athletic Complex, looks like a lot of the dirt work is done, majority of the new seats are in except for what I guess will be the gold section ... she's really taking shape.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax