Best kicker In SE Texas?

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan

I know this is not SETX, but the Lufkin kicker, when he kicks off, sometimes drills the ball through the uprights! :shock: :shock: :shock: I actually saw this happen...

• 2 years later...

Stuart Flowers (HJ) - is pretty impressive...

can hit 40-50 yarders almost every time, kicks off usually inside the 10 or 5, and has hit a 58 yarder in practice a couple times...

Not taking anything away from him, played soccer against him... As a former kicker I can tell you this... Game situation and practice are 2 MAJORLY DIFFERENT things... I hit 50's in practice everyday, but when you have everyone else out there and have people coming after you, makes things alot harder...

But it's good to hear he's doing good so far...

can hit 40-50 yarders almost every time, kicks off usually inside the 10 or 5, and has hit a 58 yarder in practice a couple times...

Not taking anything away from him, played soccer against him... As a former kicker I can tell you this... Game situation and practice are 2 MAJORLY DIFFERENT things... I hit 50's in practice everyday, but when you have everyone else out there and have people coming after you, makes things alot harder...

I know you can't be taking anything away from him. A highschool kid kicking above 50 yrds at any point is a major accomplishment i think. I'm sure he's going off to college and i think with a little help from the coaching staff's there, his technique can get only better.

I know you can't be taking anything away from him. A highschool kid kicking above 50 yrds at any point is a major accomplishment i think. I'm sure he's going off to college and i think with a little help from the coaching staff's there, his technique can get only better.

Anytime a high school kid can kick 50+ whether it be in practice or a game is an accomplishment, which is why I'm not doubting him or his abilities at all... What he needs to do (something I didn't ever get to, kinda beating myself as to why) is to go to a kicking camp at a university... Get to show off your abilities and learn from the best...

I have to go with the Kountze kicker. He has only missed two extra points and has connected on all field goal attempts and this kid is only a sophmore. I believe his extra points are 9 out of 11 and 3-3 on field goals. With two more years I think he will be a great one by the time he is a senior.

Deaver from Silsbee has not missed a PAT this year so far.  He is 2 of 5 on field goals, one of the misses was blocked by Dibol.  Has the game winning field goal against Kelly.  Also his kickoffs are landing between the 5 and 10 except when told to keep it away from the returners. 

I thought Matt Deavers was the kicker for Silsbee. He's pretty good. None of the stats show anyone named Craig Martin from the first game against Davis. The Trahan kid kicked a 45 yarder against Jasper. He is also 18 for 18 pats and perfect in FG's. He is only a Junior. As for Donnie Corona, it will be tough to top him.

I thought Matt Deavers was the kicker for Silsbee. He's pretty good. None of the stats show anyone named Craig Martin from the first game against Davis. The Trahan kid kicked a 45 yarder against Jasper. He is also 18 for 18 pats and perfect in FG's. He is only a Junior. As for Donnie Corona, it will be tough to top him.

Craig Martin was Silsbee's kicker from 2006...

If they could keep him healthy Huffman has a kicker that can boot 40-45 on a regular basis. His name is Christian Ponce cousin of former Falcon kicker Raul Ponce now at Lamar in Pre Med.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder