*****DON PRICE H-F NEW AD*****

[quote name="horndawg" post="791127" timestamp="1271445604"]
[quote author=Football Freak link=topic=68192.msg791042#msg791042 date=1271434689]
[b]I am soooo sick and tired of listening to this crap[/b].  [b]Get a life and get off of the stupid computer.[/b]

[/quote]

So much fail in this post.

I, sir, give you the dreaded...
[IMG]http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo5/Bluth54/Double_Facepalm.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

:D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bleed orange" post="792074" timestamp="1271709204"]
[quote author=Jake Sully link=topic=68192.msg786540#msg786540 date=1270560785]
I hope he is a nice guy and has a great smile, but most of all I hope he can help HF get back on the horse again.
[/quote]

If HF wants to get back on that horse again, they don't need a nice guy with a great smile. They need "Old School". [b]Nose to the grind stone type guy[/b]. Hard but fair, expects respect and get its from his players. With out a doubt the coach in Orangefield was the best thing that ever happened to those boys. I think Price was a good hire.
[/quote]

Agreed. However, one can have a great smile and be "nose to the grind stone" at the same time.

[quote name="eagle65" post="791483" timestamp="1271477597"]
h-f may win the district championship which will please them. b-h may win the district championship which will make them feel good for 5-6 days and if they do not win the state championship they will be disappointed.
[/quote]

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

After meeting Coach Price tonight, I am hopeful that he will be the person to build upon all athletic programs at HF.  He appears to be willing to evaluate what he has at HF first, and develop an improvement program from that starting point.  I was disappointed in the turnout of parents tonight.  Around twenty to thirty parents were there.  There may be a complaint from some people that the meeting was not well advertised, but, I know quite a few people who knew and chose not to come.  Apathy is one of the big diseases at HF that Price must cure in order to be successful.  I wish him luck and support as HF moves forward.

[quote name="Otter" post="793775" timestamp="1271990538"]
After meeting Coach Price tonight, I am hopeful that he will be the person to build upon all athletic programs at HF.  He appears to be willing to evaluate what he has at HF first, and develop an improvement program from that starting point.  I was disappointed in the turnout of parents tonight.  Around twenty to thirty parents were there.  There may be a complaint from some people that the meeting was not well advertised, but, I know quite a few people who knew and chose not to come.  Apathy is one of the big diseases at HF that Price must cure in order to be successful.  I wish him luck and support as HF moves forward.
[/quote]

BH was like HF as well, when Don took over the football program was in the tank. If the kids will work hard and not listen to all the jumk on these forums, they will see success soon.

[quote name="Jake Sully" post="793821" timestamp="1271996637"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=68192.msg793786#msg793786 date=1271991140]
BH-892 did your kid not start or [b]Don Price stole your woman[/b] or what?
[/quote]

I've heard, even though getting up in age, Price still has seductive charm!
[/quote]

This has to be true because there are several male posters on here wanting to have his next baby ;D ;D ;D I think Skeeter would make a good mommy 8) hopefully the baby will have prices looks :-\

Guest SKEETER09
[quote name="BHFAN" post="794828" timestamp="1272287902"]
[quote author=Jake Sully link=topic=68192.msg793821#msg793821 date=1271996637]
[/quote]

[/quote]

This has to be true because there are several male posters on here wanting to have his next baby ;D ;D ;D I think Skeeter would make a good mommy 8) hopefully the baby will have prices looks :-\
[/quote]

To keep making statements like this it just shows you are insecure and you have a problem with your manhood. You DO NOT have a clue what RESPECT means. All you and your girlie friend JODY can do is get on bash people who RESPECT Coach Price for what he did for the kids at BH.

[quote name="SKEETER09" post="794994" timestamp="1272316122"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=68192.msg794828#msg794828 date=1272287902]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To keep making statements like this it just shows you are insecure and you have a problem with your manhood. You DO NOT have a clue what RESPECT means. All you and your girlie friend JODY can do is get on bash people who RESPECT Coach Price for what he did for the kids at BH.
[/quote]

You seem to be in the know Skeeter why do they clown him so much? It's gotta be because their kid didn't quarterback or something

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="795295" timestamp="1272384828"]
[quote author=SKEETER09 link=topic=68192.msg794994#msg794994 date=1272316122]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=68192.msg794828#msg794828 date=1272287902]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You seem to be in the know Skeeter why do they clown him so much? It's gotta be because their kid didn't quarterback or something
[/quote]

Nope  ;D There is a division at BH. There are those that think Mr. Price was the lord and savior and those that think he was an average coach. Those that worship the ground he walks on do not like when he has been criticized in the past and blindly follow him as he does no wrong. Then the Parent, Kids and Board gets blamed for everything that happens on the field. I support BH!! The kids, The parents, The Teachers, The Coaches and The Board. Fact is that these are all paying positions and when the job isn’t getting done regardless of the reason then you should be released. This is exactly what BH did and all of the Price followers have cried foul ever since. Even if we say something nice about price his girl friend’s jump us.  I could care less about what coach we have just get the job done. I hope Price takes HF to state next year and wish him all the luck in the world, but if he doesn’t do well I just hope that HF doesn’t take the blame from his cronies.

Don Price....seductive charm??????  I work at BH High School and can tell you he has ZERO personality.  He rarely attended faculty meetings, campus functions or had anything to say to anyone who wasn't a coach.  He didn't even come to the football pep rallies.  He pretty much acted like his dog got ran over and didn't have anything positive to say.  Wit the exception of the first year we were in 4A and had loads of talent, the majority of his wins came while we were in 3A and in a marginal district.  Yes, Liberty and HF had some good teams and we had some big wins against those teams, but I DON'T think he was the savior of BH football. 

On another note.....I can tell you that the entire attitude has changed in our athletic department since Coach Gage arrived.  He is positive, attends all kinds of campus functions (even the One Act Play that is state bound), and the boys love him. 

[quote name="TrueBlue" post="795815" timestamp="1272540155"]
Don Price....seductive charm??????  I work at BH High School and can tell you he has ZERO personality.  He rarely attended faculty meetings, campus functions or had anything to say to anyone who wasn't a coach.  He didn't even come to the football pep rallies.  He pretty much acted like his dog got ran over and didn't have anything positive to say.  Wit the exception of the first year we were in 4A and had loads of talent, the majority of his wins came while we were in 3A and in a marginal district.  Yes, Liberty and HF had some good teams and we had some big wins against those teams, but I DON'T think he was the savior of BH football. 

On another note.....I can tell you that the entire attitude has changed in our athletic department since Coach Gage arrived.  He is positive, attends all kinds of campus functions (even the One Act Play that is state bound), and the boys love him. 

[/quote]

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.  That's OK, we got a nice man and a good coach and Price is now on the correct side of the Trinity River.  Which, by the way, is closer to West Orange Stark.  ;D ;D

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="TrueBlue" post="795815" timestamp="1272540155"]

[/quote]

Let's talk in two years. We'll see how great things are then.

I'm just interested to see what happens the first time Gage sits "Superstar Johnny" during the big game. Then he becomes just another idiot coach that does not know how to judge talent.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="795824" timestamp="1272543806"]
[quote author=TrueBlue link=topic=68192.msg795815#msg795815 date=1272540155]

[/quote]

I'm just interested to see what happens the first time Gage sits "Superstar Johnny" during the big game. Then he becomes just another idiot coach that does not know how to judge talent.
[/quote]

Dangit I hate to keep hi jacking this HF thread and do apoligize HF Fans. I love when folks get on here and judge how BH is going to react if the new coach doesn't do this or that. Price got the same support that Gage is going to get, but if we are 10 years down the road and not improving then the same will happen. You are making your judgements of what you saw or read after the last couple of years which was 8 years into Prices carear. First 4 years were good ones then at somepoint somebodys head got too big and a pissing match comenced well the boss is always going to win that match. Again I don't care whose fault it was because according to who you talk to it's everyones fault. The important thing is that BH has a new Coach and HF has a new Coach and both of them should do well.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="795822" timestamp="1272542413"]

[/quote]

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.  That's OK, we got a nice man and a good coach and Price is now on the correct side of the Trinity River.  Which, by the way, is closer to West Orange Stark.   ;D ;D
[/quote] Come on Jody, that aint right.  :D

Guest SKEETER09
[quote name="BHFAN" post="795873" timestamp="1272559051"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=68192.msg795824#msg795824 date=1272543806]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dangit I hate to keep hi jacking this HF thread and do apoligize HF Fans. I love when folks get on here and judge how BH is going to react if the new coach doesn't do this or that. Price got the same support that Gage is going to get, but if we are 10 years down the road and not improving then the same will happen. You are making your judgements of what you saw or read after the last couple of years which was 8 years into Prices carear. First 4 years were good ones then at somepoint somebodys head got too big and a pissing match comenced well the boss is always going to win that match. Again I don't care whose fault it was because according to who you talk to it's everyones fault. The important thing is that BH has a new Coach and HF has a new Coach and both of them should do well.
[/quote]

Then you and your girlfrend JODY should have never posted on here. It seems like everytime someone says something positive about him you two yahoos chime in with something negative.

[quote name="SKEETER09" post="796030" timestamp="1272592042"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=68192.msg795873#msg795873 date=1272559051]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=68192.msg795824#msg795824 date=1272543806]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then you and your girlfrend JODY should have never posted on here. It seems like everytime someone says something positive about him you two yahoos chime in with something negative.

[/quote]

Isn't there a butt somewhere you should be kissing ;D

[quote name="SKEETER09" post="796030" timestamp="1272592042"]

[/quote]

They just like getting folks riled up!!! It's working!  :)

Just like the Philadelphia Eagles thought they needed to go in a new direction without Donavan McNabb, Barbers Hill has a new coach to lead them.  HF is also excited about heading in a new direction.  As far as I can tell , both schools now have hope for a more successful future.  Maybe that is what this thread should focus on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics