Solid Choice For Hamshire Fannett...

And how did your son sustain the initial knee injury?? Playing jr. high football or an outside school sport such as? If your son hurt his knee running a mile than he probably should not have been released by the doctor so I think your blame should go to that source dont you? And I would be careful how much fact you take from your description of the "program" unless you have actually witnessed it with your own eyes, because you may be called to the mat on it and hurt your son even more in another year when he gets to the High School. To me it is another example of kids not wanting to do something and parents supporting their weak excuses.

author=WJBooger link=topic=67983.msg785808#msg785808 date=1270268317]
First off, I keep reading that this parent didn't want his kid participating in the weight lifting "program." There is no program or regimen or plan. It's just a bunch of junior high kids sent to a weight room to do whatever while the coach is off taking care of other business. My son has informed me that the coaches are not present while the lifting is going on.

Secondly, we are accused of believing we know more than these junior high coaches. Quick scenario: after two knee surgeries in eight months, my son was released to play junior high basketball. After playing in a school basketball tournament one weekend, my son was required to run a mile on Monday. Halfway through the mile he started complaining about his knee hurting. He was made to finish the run. Later that night, his knee was the size of a small melon. Tuesday back to the doctor and now we are shut down until May. Tell me how I am suppose to trust my son's welfare with these coaches.
[/quote]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Glad19" post="784764" timestamp="1270067535"]
Had an HF coach tell me yesterday that he had recently received several notes from Jr. high parents telling him that they didn't want their kid lifting weights because "they felt" like it would adversely effect them in baseball and basketball. Keep in mind that the Jr. high just started a new weight program about a month ago. This is HF's problem. Any positive step in the right direction is met with adversity. As long as these parents know more than the coaches this program doesn't have a prayer.
[/quote]
You think Barbay and Hooks have their kids in the weight room? ??? ;D

Kids complain all the time. If coaches told an athlete to stop everytime they complained, almost all kids would start complaining so they wouldn't have to work out. Perhaps the coaches should have been more sensitive to the fact that he had two surgery's on his knee. Do you think perhaps the coach's thought if you can play, you can practice? Just a thought. I'm actually going to have to agree with fisherking on this one...maybe he shouldn't have been released.

[quote name="fisherking" post="785814" timestamp="1270270811"]
And how did your son sustain the initial knee injury?? Playing jr. high football or an outside school sport such as? If your son hurt his knee running a mile than he probably should not have been released by the doctor so I think your blame should go to that source dont you? And I would be careful how much fact you take from your description of the "program" unless you have actually witnessed it with your own eyes, because you may be called to the mat on it and hurt your son even more in another year when he gets to the High School. To me it is another example of kids not wanting to do something and parents supporting their weak excuses.

author=WJBooger link=topic=67983.msg785808#msg785808 date=1270268317]
First off, I keep reading that this parent didn't want his kid participating in the weight lifting "program." There is no program or regimen or plan. It's just a bunch of junior high kids sent to a weight room to do whatever while the coach is off taking care of other business. My son has informed me that the coaches are not present while the lifting is going on.

Secondly, we are accused of believing we know more than these junior high coaches. Quick scenario: after two knee surgeries in eight months, my son was released to play junior high basketball. After playing in a school basketball tournament one weekend, my son was required to run a mile on Monday. Halfway through the mile he started complaining about his knee hurting. He was made to finish the run. Later that night, his knee was the size of a small melon. Tuesday back to the doctor and now we are shut down until May. Tell me how I am suppose to trust my son's welfare with these coaches.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I find it funny that kids are released to participate and they can play the games but cannot practice. The mere mention of an athlete running a mile sends them into panic mode and their knees swell up and they are done.  They can always make to their little dribblers practice and play in those games but they always get hurt at school.  They cannot practice at school but they are released for games.  Times have changed and if you were an athlete you had to earn your spot on the team and practice everyday and give it your best otherwise there was someone waiting to take your place.  Now if you work a kid to hard they want to go to the school board to complain.  Next thing you know all of our games will be played on the Wii or Xbox in an arena for people to watch on a big screen. just my opinion

[quote name="WJBooger" post="785808" timestamp="1270268317"]

[/quote]
[quote author=fisherking link=topic=67983.msg785814#msg785814 date=1270270811]

[/quote]

That was brutal. Fisherking delivered a swift one of these.  :o
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/mathiasthaunholy/Regular%20Pics/kickme.gif[/img]

[quote name="smitty" post="786055" timestamp="1270413062"]
People in Hampshire-Fannett need to start calling those that are making the decision who to hire, and tell them Danny Malone is the answer.  Like I said, someone will hire this fine coach...
[/quote]

Is there any chance that you might be.............Mrs. Malone? :)

Ha!!  That is funny.  But no...

[quote name="xavierbreath" post="786420" timestamp="1270520468"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=67983.msg786055#msg786055 date=1270413062]
People in Hampshire-Fannett need to start calling those that are making the decision who to hire, and tell them Danny Malone is the answer.  Like I said, someone will hire this fine coach...
[/quote]

Is there any chance that you might be.............Mrs. Malone? :)
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476