Nederland 20 Central 0 Final no-hitter Bellow

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="783029" timestamp="1269709829"]
This is terrible the Nederland coach should be fired for running up a ridiculous score right guys?  
[/quote]

Cmon buc - you can do better than that. Your comment was way too predictable- I saw that coming from the cheap seats.

(That horse is dead anyway)  ;)

[quote name="Dav-J" post="783037" timestamp="1269711004"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=67812.msg783029#msg783029 date=1269709829]
This is terrible the Nederland coach should be fired for running up a ridiculous score right guys?  
[/quote]

Cmon buc - you can do better than that. Your comment was way too predictable- I saw that coming from the cheap seats.

(That horse is dead anyway)  ;)
[/quote]

I know man just had to beat everyone else to it

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="783029" timestamp="1269709829"]
[/quote]

Pretty lame there buc, being it is only one game, we played our subs (except for Bellow for the no hitter), and the game has to go 5 innings.

..........plus, it's called a ''MERCY" rule. I wonder why it's given that name?? This game had the runs scored so early, that even playing for the run rule to end it, the 5 innings didn't get there fast enough. Bad comparison there all the way around......apples and oranges.

[quote name="1696dogs" post="783121" timestamp="1269727863"]
Robbins did fine. I know he stopped a few boys from taking their extra bases to try to keep from scoring. I hate it for the Central boys; it has to suck losing like that, but like I said before Cody did all he could to slow the scoring down.   
[/quote]

You can't blame him for leaving Bellow in the whole game.  Kirby is still trying to get back in baseball shape and work the kinks out.  A game like this should only help him get ready for the rest of the year.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="baddog" post="783095" timestamp="1269723324"]
[/quote]

Pretty lame there buc, being it is only one game, we played our subs (except for Bellow for the no hitter), and the game has to go 5 innings.
[/quote]

Good grief, "Dog."  You wouldn't know humor if it sat on your head, would you?

[quote name="baddog" post="783095" timestamp="1269723324"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was joking but since its fine for you'll to do it but not Yates

Yates played all 15 players
Basketball has to go four qtrs
You'll didn't even pull the main Guy that directly affects the other team what's the difference of Yates playing for the record and Nederland playing for the no hitter

The entire difference in this matter is that had Central beaten Nederland 20-0, you wouldn't have posted anything.

You don't pull a pitcher who is working on a no-hitter (just like Yates going for the 100 point record, which I fully understood). I have never seen that done at any level.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="783212" timestamp="1269744933"]
Weren't you one of the one's who supported coach Wise? Idc that Nederland ran the score up congrats on a win but I don't understand why its proposterous for Yates to do it and not Nederland vidor slc Ozen or any other team in any other sport
[/quote]

Man, your predictable.  One game is different than multiple games of intentionally trying to run up the score.  Basketball doesn't have a mercy rule, (maybe they should have the Yates rule), but baseball does.  It is not a full game that goes into the books until they play 5 inn.  It was 15-0 in the second I believe and Robbins pulled the starters but not the pitcher because a no-no is uncommon, and he needed the work anyway.  As opposed to a coach that keeps his foot on the gas (even with the backups) for absolutly no reason.

Hows a no hitter any different than most consecutive 100 pt games neither are necessary to win both are rare (most consecutive 100 pt games far more rare) and scoring 5 pts in three innings is an impressive feat in itself so youlls coach did put in the subs but still let them play (which I think is the only fair thing to the subs) which is what the great Coach Wise did

dude, get a grip...from what i heard that game could have been 50-0...besides, baseball and basketball are not the same sports...once you pull your starters in baseball, they are done...no re-entry as there is in basketball...that is a big difference...also, it would have been ridiculous to pull Bellow after he struggled with his command the week before...apparently he found it in this game and Nederland needs him to if they want to win this district...I didn't see you post anything after Vidor and Lumberton did the same thing...I suspect this will not be Centrals last huge beatdown this year, so I either expect you to admit you are wrong or be on here griping and whining after every other Central loss...should be interesting

I don't have anything against Nederland in fact I went to a couple of youlls basketball games this yr I just happened to see this thread and not the other two

Idc if a team runs up a score I'm happy for Yates and whoever else is doing big things what I don't understand is why so many were appalled at Yates but not any other team

Btw Yates could have put up way more points a few times by letting starters get more minutes

I don't think Kirby was left in fo a no-hitter.  He was left in to get much needed time on the mound and to build up stamina.  He would have been left in no matter what the score or if hits were allowed.  The fact is the score would not have been as bad if Central's defense made routine plays.  The pitcher got what should have been flyouts and groundouts that were mishandled.  My son plays for both basketball and baseball.  They are two different sports and can't be compared.  Basketball you can quit pressing, work on different aspects of the game and slow it down.  Baseball you pretty much can play station to station baseball and that's it.  You can't make the defense make a play....You can't take the bat out of batters hands because that may hurt the average and cause him to lose his spot in the lineup.  Stat programs don't put asterisk beside at-bats to show that a poor at-bat was to give the opposing team an out.  Your trying to compare apples to oranges.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    FGFRE
    Newest Member
    FGFRE