Ponder-Idalou

ST413

[quote name="RP3" post="776943" timestamp="1268594702"]
Congrats to Ponder, but how in the world did THAT Idalou team beat New Waverly???? They were TERRRRBLE!! ???
[/quote]Idalou thrives on an up tempo game. Ponder controlled the tempo and took only high percentage shots....Ponder also hit a very high percentage of their shots and free throws.......Didn't they hit their first five three attempts?....after watching Idalou beat NW I didn't think Ponder could hang with them but Ponder is Ponder.

[quote name="RP3" post="777066" timestamp="1268617682"]
I mean really.....I realize it was 2A, but Idalou had NO SIZE, and their tallest player was out on the perimeter shooting two handed threes! They ran zero offensive sets, they just came down and fired away!!! Mostly wide left!!! They were awful, man, I am sorry to say...I STILL don't see how that team beat New Waverly....I missed that semi (8:30 am on Friday, no thanks  ;D) because i just KNEW the NW would handle them and I would catch them on Saturday...How wrong I was!!!
[/quote]Match ups....

[quote name="Kountzer" post="777074" timestamp="1268618916"]
I wanted to see Ponder.  I've heard a lot about them.  They are impressive.
[/quote]True, they usually have good guards and can take care of the ball and take only high percentage shots. Hard to beat them. This year was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

[quote name="RP3" post="777076" timestamp="1268619180"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=67304.msg777073#msg777073 date=1268618731]
[quote author=RP3 link=topic=67304.msg777066#msg777066 date=1268617682]
I mean really.....I realize it was 2A, but Idalou had NO SIZE, and their tallest player was out on the perimeter shooting two handed threes! They ran zero offensive sets, they just came down and fired away!!! Mostly wide left!!! They were awful, man, I am sorry to say...I STILL don't see how that team beat New Waverly....I missed that semi (8:30 am on Friday, no thanks  ;D) because i just KNEW the NW would handle them and I would catch them on Saturday...How wrong I was!!!
[/quote]Match ups....
[/quote]

You're kidding, right? THAT Idalou team "matched up" better with New Waverly than with Ponder???? Stop listening to Jay Bilas' words on ESPN, my friend!!!! Or at least use them in the right context!!  :D :D Match-ups? NO, THAT definitely wasn't it....I would accept that New Waverly went out and partied Thursday night before I accept that!!! No offense dude, but that just is not the case this time. That team I saw in green and yellow on Saturday was AWFUL. Really awful. But somehow, they beat NW...Thats a mystery.
[/quote]What I mean by match ups is I believe Idalou plays a lot better in an uptempo game. They beat NW in every part of the game. Ponder made them play Ponders game.....If Ponder would have pressed and played uptempo Idalou would have beaten them.

[quote name="RP3" post="777080" timestamp="1268620074"]
OK, I can go with that...Idalou could not hit the side of a barn though on Saturday, and no adjustments were being made either..It was like watching a real bad JV game...Just awful..
[/quote]After watching the Idalou-NW game I (and everybody else)thought there was no way Ponder could hang with them....

[quote name="no-look" post="777083" timestamp="1268620248"]
[quote author=RP3 link=topic=67304.msg777080#msg777080 date=1268620074]
OK, I can go with that...Idalou could not hit the side of a barn though on Saturday, and no adjustments were being made either..It was like watching a real bad JV game...Just awful..
[/quote]After watching the Idalou-NW game I (and everybody else)thought there was no way Ponder could hang with them....
[/quote]

Who were you hanging out with? LOL.  Everyone i talked to wondered if Idalou could hang with Ponder.  They did for 1 quarter then went on to score like 5 points over the next 2 quarters.  I only watched less than 1 quarter of the New Waverly/Idalou game, and Idalou kinda reminded me of Ponder a little until they actually played Ponder.  Dont ever bet against Ponder... I didnt do the state tournament picks, but if i did, i wouldve picked Ponder.  If you ever want to show your team how to play basketball, show them a Ponder game, they are as solid as they come.

[quote name="beeninnikes" post="777092" timestamp="1268621222"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=67304.msg777083#msg777083 date=1268620248]
[quote author=RP3 link=topic=67304.msg777080#msg777080 date=1268620074]
[/quote]

Who were you hanging out with? LOL.  Everyone i talked to wondered if Idalou could hang with Ponder.  They did for 1 quarter then went on to score like 5 points over the next 2 quarters.  I only watched less than 1 quarter of the New Waverly/Idalou game, and Idalou kinda reminded me of Ponder a little until they actually played Ponder.  Dont ever bet against Ponder... I didnt do the state tournament picks, but if i did, i wouldve picked Ponder.  If you ever want to show your team how to play basketball, show them a Ponder game, they are as solid as they come.
[/quote]Its me and the people I hang with...lol....we are regressing as we get older... ;D  I did pick Ponder before the tourney started....

Doesn't say much for 2A basketball if these bad teams keep making it to State and winning titles does it?

I saw these games too, and Ponder was a very fine team.  Nothing flashy just good old fashion basketball with a real offense set and solid defense.  Starting the game 7-7 and 4-4 from 3's kinda indicated that they knew what they were doing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01