Happy Feet-Chiasson

Guest Newbie
Read it again, although her coach claims she is the state's reading scorer, the reporter says UIL records indicate Shannon Stiewert of El Paso Coronado with 106 in 1989 is the highest scorer.  But then again, Chloe has a 2-3 more games left to catch up. 
Great job Chloe!  Good luck Lady Indians, make Southeast Texas proud.
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/local/50_is_nifty_for_pn-g_s_chiasson.html

That is amazing.. 50 goals in one season is no easy task.. What are her plans after high school.. any college offers known so far?

also.. on the 106 goals in a season by the girl from El Paso.. WOW!!

I hope they won state, because if i scored 106 goals in a season and we ever lost i would be extremely dissapointed with my team.. thats averages out to about 4 goals per game or so..

[quote name="hj_hawk_60" post="775003" timestamp="1268285495"]
That is amazing.. 50 goals in one season is no easy task.. What are her plans after high school.. any college offers known so far?

I hope they won state, because if i scored 106 goals in a season and we ever lost i would be extremely dissapointed with my team.. thats averages out to about 4 goals per game or so..
[/quote]

106 goals a game meant she was averaging about 5 a game, which means she was probably allowed to score as many as she could against the bad teams... i had games in high school where i had a hat trick in the first 15 minutes or so, but i would then either go sit the bench or go back and get some work in at sweeper. 

106 goals a game meant she was averaging about 5 a game, which means she was probably allowed to score as many as she could against the bad teams... i had games in high school where i had a hat trick in the first 15 minutes or so, but i would then either go sit the bench or go back and get some work in at sweeper. 
[/quote]

This is how coach Aimee Bates plays her team during the bad games, also. Not only to Chloe, but also anyone who begins to score excessively. From the games I saw, many girls would be taken out in the first 10 or 15 minutes sometimes because of already scoring 4. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe the most Chloe has scored in a single game has been 4.. and that was only in 2 or 3 games.

[quote name="Frogger09" post="775152" timestamp="1268323417"]

[/quote]

This is how coach Aimee Bates plays her team during the bad games, also. Not only to Chloe, but also anyone who begins to score excessively. From the games I saw, many girls would be taken out in the first 10 or 15 minutes sometimes because of already scoring 4. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe the most Chloe has scored in a single game has been 4.. and that was only in 2 or 3 games.
[/quote]

and that makes 50 goals in a season VERY, VERY impressive.  the most i ever had was 30, and we weren't blowing out a whole lot of teams, so i had a lot more game time than her to get even that many.

[quote name="hj_hawk_60" post="775003" timestamp="1268285495"]

[/quote]

All I know is she is one of the hardest workers I know. First to practice, Last to leave. As most high school age players may miss a practice here or there.( club practice... noone misses high school practice) She is always there. I do not mean to hurt any coaches feelings but I would have like to to seen her join her current team 5 years ago. You just cannot beat Div1 Comp. for development.... Case in point look at Claire Dykman, Yasmine Afshar, Madeline Horning. They are as good as they are because they have been groomed in DIV1 since they were 10yrs. old.(U11).. She would really be on fire. But she is getting there and she is still hungry.  She will play soccer somewhere for sure.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami