Epic battle for Texas Thunder USFA 10u Tournament Championship

Congratulations to '99 Out of Control and the '99 GT Shockers who played a 3 hour and 10 minute marathon (starting at 8:34pm)  for the championship of this weekend's USFA sanctioned tournament hosted by Texas Thunder. This included a 5 inning progressive ITB (runner on second, runners on second and third, bases loaded, bases loaded 1 out to start the inning and bases loaded with 2 outs to start the inning) after already completing 3 innings in regulation.

Both teams played great ball and both teams deserved to win...it shows the level of play is really coming on strong in SETX.

In the end, the GT Shockers edged out OOC by a single run for the championship. Congratulations to both teams for a well played game!

Congratulations to the Shockers for battling back after losing their first bracket game to very good Intensity team out of Louisiana. The Shockers defeated Intensity the second time around to earn a spot in the championship game against OOC. In all, the Shockers played 7 games Saturday....great effort girls!

Great job ladies on a well deserved championship win! It was great to watch the girls give their all, and never give up. Great effort from both teams. And by the way, the girls look good in purple and gold. Keep up the hard work.

Epic it was.. I didn't think it was ever going to end and I believe it ultimately came down to which pitcher needed the bathroom break worse  :D The girls all played amazingly! I'm so proud of both teams and just wish the game had been earlier in the day so more people could have seen it!

The girls from both teams deserve a huge ovation! They are truly great kids. Can't wait to see them play each other again!

Coaches from both teams also deserve recognition for the outstanding job they're doing with those girls. I for one and proud my daughter is a part of OOC and thrilled she has the coaches she does. She is growing with this team everyday in ways we only imagined.

And just think.. the season hasn't even officially started good! lol It's gonna be FUN!

Guest Darren33
Wow - You rarely see something like that.  We took a standard 60 minute game into 3 hour+ marathon into the wee hours with all of the ITB's.   The girls all battled, and I'm so proud of each and every one of them on both teams.  Loved it, (but also hope we don't have to do that again) ;D.   A lot of adversity was built that night for the girls.   Special congrats to the Shockers!   As I've said before, these two teams are a great tandem for our area.

Darren33..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa