Based on records.....Silsbee will play Madison

We (Madison) aren't banged up. We'll have everyone available on Thursday. One kid left the game early today, but it was precautionary more than anything. He came back in during the 2nd quarter, but didn't have to play many minutes with the game out of hand. The only kid we have that missed any games this year due to injury has been back out there for the last month. He's the 10th man on the roster for us. He'd likely have been higher in the rotation, if not a starter, if he hadn't have gotten injured during fall league play. He's had a hard time cracking the rotation since returning from his injury. At 6'4" he'll be our go to guy next season during his junior year and will be one of the best players in the Metroplex as well as a top five player in Class 3A.

Silsbee and Madison will likely play in the semi-finals. We have 8 losses this season (All to 4A and 5A schools in Texas as well as to an undefeated team from Frederick Douglass (OKC) that would be one of the top 3 teams in Texas regardless of classification.)...I would imagine you'll see Stafford play Estacado.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="772581" timestamp="1267935703"]
well, silsbee is built like a 4a or 5a team, so hopefully we'll see them win :)
[/quote]

Silsbee is a very athletic team. If we draw them we'll have to catch a break or two to be able to win. As long as we have a chance down the stretch to possibly win I'll be fine with that.

[quote name="JMT" post="772593" timestamp="1267936600"]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=66972.msg772581#msg772581 date=1267935703]
well, silsbee is built like a 4a or 5a team, so hopefully we'll see them win :)
[/quote]

Silsbee is a very athletic team. If we draw them we'll have to catch a break or two to be able to win. As long as we have a chance down the stretch to possibly win I'll be fine with that.
[/quote]

How does Madison compare to the Tigers size wise?

Based on records you are correct that Estacado should be #1 and Silsbee #2............but the other two are a coin flip.  The #3 and #4 seed are not based on records....a coin is flipped to see which team they will play!!!  Best chance for Silsbee would be to play Stafford in the semis and then have Madison and Estacado play in the other semi!!!

[quote name="JMT" post="772641" timestamp="1267941703"]
Size-wise the starters will be about the same on the frontline. 6'6" and 6'7" for us with a 6'8" and 6'3" backing them up. The 6'8" kid was the QB of our football team.
[/quote]

Wow should be quite a matchup.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="772639" timestamp="1267941600"]
Based on records you are correct that Estacado should be #1 and Silsbee #2............but the other two are a coin flip.  The #3 and #4 seed are not based on records....a coin is flipped to see which team they will play!!!  Best chance for Silsbee would be to play Stafford in the semis and then have Madison and Estacado play in the other semi!!!
[/quote]

You're right the 3 and 4 are a coin flip. I still expect to see Estacado and Stafford playing each other though. It'll be fun either way.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="772646" timestamp="1267941975"]
But you let the cat ouy of the bag lazeek...hj was gonna play stafford?
[/quote]

HJ would have been the #1 seed and all that guaranteed was NOT to face Estacado in the semis on Thursday!!!  Nothing guaranteed to play Stafford although I would have much preferred it that way as well as Silsbee should!!!

The pressure is squarely on the backs of the Little Trojans in this matchup. They come into this game with a 34 game winning streak against 3A competition the last two years. The last loss to a school in the 3A classification came on February 22nd, 2008 in a playoff loss. You just never know how these things can workout though. I expect to see a very entertaining game starting at 2pm on Thursday and if the Tigers bring our run to a close I'll have no problem with it at all.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed