No. 1 Yates 101, No. 3 La Marque 83 - F

[color=navy][b]Ok folks...Just got back in from the Merrel Center (Nice diggs btw!) and there is no if and's or but's about it? Yates is a machine for 4 quarters and if you slip up just for a second things get out of hand in a hurry! That Peter's kid is the TRUTH and I think that they would still win state without him although it wouldn't be near as easy with that fella on the court! LM looked ok but Yates unrelenting pressure proved way too much for the Coogs to handle for 4 quarters and sloppiness and basics such as simply getting the ball in bounds became a task in itself not to mention how hard doing the "normal" things a team does on a routine basis turned out to be. Going into the fourth we couldn't buy a bucket and our players were either too tired or intimidated to shoot the rock. Ah well, overall I'm still proud of the boys from LM and they are to be congratulated on their efforts. In closing do I think Yates deserves their #1 ranking in the galaxy? No, not really but yes in Texas it's warranted. Almost forgot, good luck to Yates in Austin although I think they'll be ok.  ;)[/b][/color]

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="772668" timestamp="1267946391"]
Classy post...lamarque was legit as they come.
[/quote]

Yes, La Marque is definitely a very very good team. and it wasn't close. Lancaster is better, but they would require a perfect game by their 3 studs, help from the refs defeating the press, and slow down so those 2 bigs can beat up Yates in the paint. The third stud is a guard (although I think the 3rd stud is a sg rather than a true pg) which is helpful, but this poor kid's tongue will be hanging on the ground mid-4th qtr. Yates, but not in a romp. Maybe even under 100 pts.

Took my son and two of his friends to the game last nite. Definately worth the hour long wait for tickets. LaMarque was tough but as most had stated was not able to stay competitive for a full 4 quarters. Some of the most enjoyable high school ball I've witnessed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder