5. Chris Martin
6. Damion Bush
7. Al Henry
8. David Green
9. Lloyd MacArthur
10. Delton Harper
[/quote]

Your opinion. ;)

Seeing that you graduated in '98, you probably don't know of the players from the 70's and 80's.

[quote name="Boogy1000" post="770052" timestamp="1267644063"]
I'd like to be enlighten if you dont mind. Thats why its a forum right?
[/quote]

Well of course its a forum. ::)

But maybe if you would have said, "This is my all time Silsbee list" and not "the" list, me and others may not take issue with it.

Again, a list that has the majority of players that only goes back to 1990, is not an "all-time" list.

Maybe your list should be titled, " Best Silsbee players from 1990 to present". ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="770059" timestamp="1267644687"]
[quote author=Boogy1000 link=topic=66804.msg770052#msg770052 date=1267644063]
I'd like to be enlighten if you dont mind. Thats why its a forum right?
[/quote]

Well of course its a forum. ::)

But maybe if you would have said, "This is my all time Silsbee list" and not "the" list, me and others may not take issue with it.

Again, a list that has the majority of players that only goes back to 1990, is not an "all-time" list

Maybe your list should be titled, " Best Silsbee players from 1990 to present". ;)
[/quote]

Did you play for Silsbee? Lol

No I played for Austin LBJ from 1995-97, but my parents and family is from Silsbee. I'm also a 2002 grad of Florida State. Silsbee is one of my alltime favorite towns because of the people there. I went to school here from 1990-93. My question is did you play for Silsbee???????

On another note, I bet that 90% of the post made here are only opinions. Mine is mine and I stand behind it. Last time I was in SHS I didnt see any o fthe players you mentioned with a jersey retired or ALL STATE acheivments. Not to say they werent great players, but the BEST are the BEST. If you asked me who was better out of Jordan vs Kobe, I'd say Kobe. Met both and have seen both play 15-20 times in person. Kobe is better to me! OPINION ONLY :-*

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Boogy1000" post="770115" timestamp="1267650326"]
No I played for Austin LBJ from 1995-97, but my parents and family is from Silsbee. I'm also a 2002 grad of Florida State. Silsbee is one of my alltime favorite towns because of the people there. I went to school here from 1990-93. My question is did you play for Silsbee???????
[/quote]

LOL, we've got Dickie V reincarnated. :o

[quote name="Hugh Jass" post="770168" timestamp="1267656938"]
AAW, not to be racist or insensitive, but could you follow up the original list with your personal all caucasian all-time team?  I would be curious to see what you say, and if you make the top ten ;D?
[/quote]

You won't see me make up that list. ;)

Every season this discussion comes up.  I said several years ago that it was Michael Dabney('75).  Dabney had uncanny accuracy on his jumpshot.  He was silky smooth, had all the moves.  He had handles, with both hands.  He had hops and could play inside.  He could also step outside and hit 25 footers.  They didn't have the three point line back then.  Dabney would of probably set some records if they did.  Ask some of the ole skool Gs around town how good Michael Dabney was.  They will tell you.

David Brown has to be mentioned also.  David Brown was 6'8", weighed about 190 lbs, and was a  high school all american  He got a scholarship to Memphis State.  Memphis State is now Memphis University.   Getting a basketball scholarship to Memphis State is similar to getting one now to U of Texas, or Louisville, or Syracuse.  Not as good as N Carolina, or Kentucky, but close.  He played in the NCAA final four.  Not too many players from Silsbee, or SE Texas can say that.

David Brown's team mate and classmate('72) James Hunter has to be mentioned.  Hunter may be the greatest athlete to come out of Silsbee.  He was  6'3", weighed about 195 to 200 lbs.  He had state meet qualifying speed in the 100 dash.  He probably could run a 4.3 something.  The only thing that held him back in basketball was the fact that he was so good in other sports, namely football and track.   On the baskeball court Hunter had the hops, had the quickness and had the moves.  He could hit a jumper too.  Hunter got a full ride at Grambling.  He was voted all american at cornerback there at least twice, and was a number 1 draft pick of the Detroit Lions.  The first time he touched a football during the NFL regular season opener, he took the kick off 100 yards for a touchdown.   If he had concentrated more on basketball he probably would of done similar things on the basketball court.   Ask coach Bubba McGallion what kind of athlete Hunter was.

Those are my picks.  I never saw Darrell MacArthur.  I was gone to the military.  

[quote name="Kountzer" post="770218" timestamp="1267663619"]
Every season this discussion comes up.  I said several years ago that it was Michael Dabney('75).  Dabney had uncanny accuracy on his jumpshot.  He was silky smooth, had all the moves.  He had handles, with both hands.  He had hops and could play inside.  He could also step outside and hit 25 footers.  They didn't have the three point line back then.  Dabney would of probably set some records if they did.  Ask some of the ole skool Gs around town how good Michael Dabney was.  They will tell you.

David Brown has to be mentioned also.  David Brown was 6'8", weighed about 190 lbs, and was a  high school all american   He got a scholarship to Memphis State.  Memphis State is now Memphis University.   Getting a basketball scholarship to Memphis State is similar to getting one now to U of Texas, or Louisville, or Syracuse.  Not as good as N Carolina, or Kentucky, but close.  He played in the NCAA final four.  Not too many players from Silsbee, or SE Texas can say that.

David Brown's team mate and classmate('72) James Hunter has to be mentioned.  Hunter may be the greatest athlete to come out of Silsbee.  He was  6'3", weighed about 195 to 200 lbs.  He had state meet qualifying speed in the 100 dash.  He probably could run a 4.3 something.  The only thing that held him back in basketball was the fact that he was so good in other sports, namely football and track.   On the baskeball court Hunter had the hops, had the quickness and had the moves.  He could hit a jumper too.  Hunter got a full ride at Grambling.  He was voted all american at cornerback there at least twice, and was a number 1 draft pick of the Detroit Lions.  The first time he touched a football during the NFL regular season opener, he took the kick off 100 yards for a touchdown.   If he had concentrated more on basketball he probably would of done similar things on the basketball court.   Ask coach Bubba McGallion what kind of athlete Hunter was.

Those are my picks.  I never saw Darrell MacArthur.  I was gone to the military.  

[/quote]Too young to remember the others but McArthur was awesome.

Guest airitout123
[quote name="Kountzer" post="770218" timestamp="1267663619"]

David Brown has to be mentioned also.  David Brown was 6'8", weighed about 190 lbs, and was a  high school all american   He got a scholarship to Memphis State.  Memphis State is now Memphis University.   Getting a basketball scholarship to Memphis State is similar to getting one now to U of Texas, or Louisville, or Syracuse.  Not as good as N Carolina, or Kentucky, but close.  He played in the NCAA final four.  Not too many players from Silsbee, or SE Texas can say that.

[/quote]

Good stuff.  Thanks.

[quote name="Boogy1000" post="770324" timestamp="1267672581"]
OK................I THINK SILSBEE HAS THE TALENT FOR A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR, BUT IT WILL BE VERY HARD IN SAM HOUSTON. IF THEY PLAY LIKE THEY PLAYED THE LAST TWO GAMES, THEY COULD LOSE!
[/quote]

Please stop with the all caps, that is against forum rules.

Thank you.

Guest BKJ85
Too many to even try to put in order from one to ten. I certainly would not want to try to do it on my own. Maybe we should get a well informed group to make the list.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• First pitch about to be in the books.
    • Chester will be the home team tonight.  Neches Tigers will be the visitors.
    • The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics