Lumberton at Central Predictions

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BIG HOUSE

Lumberton will have to play really great on defense to have a shot at this one.Central has a ton of speed.I'm sure our team will give there all.

Don't expect Central's d to be as dominating as Dayton's.Should be able to score some points.

Overall Lumberton will be a huge underdog.Afterall Central just blew away Nederland.

Good luck to both teams.

I am going to optimistic and say that our boys have the heart to pull this one off. I will not take anything away from Central. they are a phenomenal team and we have our work cut out for us. We have a great offence but defence could use a bit of revamping. I hope we can get that done this week. I agree that our defence is gonna have to be alot better to beat Central.

If we don't give up too many big plays I think we will be competitve in this game but have to play a perfect game to win this one. Our defense will have thier hands full with Williams. He completes 2 out of 3 passes and is the leading rusher on his team with an average 12 yards per carry. Their tight end and wide receiver each average over 20 yards per catch.

The Jags defense has given up an average of 256 per game and the Raiders 299.

Our Raiders will not go down without a fight. If they can play 4 quarters of good football they will be in this game.

Central is very good offensive team. You will not face anyone in this district with athleticism like their QB Williams. Not only can he run the ball he's got an accurate rocket arm. They have a split end that can fly with good hands. The FG kicker is accurate; he had a lot of practice with the extra points. Can’t say much about the punter as he had only one, I believe.

Nederland did move the ball on Central, even without Mosley

Central is very good offensive team. You will not face anyone in this district with athleticism like their QB Williams. Not only can he run the ball he's got an accurate rocket arm. They have a split end that can fly with good hands. The FG kicker is accurate; he had a lot of practice with the extra points. Can’t say much about the punter as he had only one, I believe.

Nederland did move the ball on Central, even without Mosley

Incase you havent forgotten we played Dayton. And Dugat is much better than Brandon Williams. Just my opinion.

WTB

What website do you go to to find stats?

I use the houston chronicle's websites. The stats are usually updated about 1:00 AM saturday morning so you can see how a team performed statistically a few hours after the game.

The best place is http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool. From there select your team and go to the boxscore for a certain game. You can also look at team stats and class 4A leaders.

I like to look at the class 4A leaders because it is the greater Houston area and includes 4A districts 18-24, and 30. That is about 50 teams. I like to compare our local teams and players (my son) with the big schools.

The only bad thing is they do not track defensive stats and some of the pre-district games were not updated. Therefore, I have a spreadsheet that i update each week which tracks yards allowed by rush, pass, and total.

Here is district 22-4a and Barbers Hill through week 5:

Dayton------227

BH-----------247

Central------262

Lumberton--298

LCM----------318* (no stats for kashmere game)

Ozen---------337

PNG----------352

Ned----------410

Vidor---------435* (no stats for Jones game)

Guest maverick24

Lets all remember when talking how Lumberton can not stop the run that they have played tow of the best Running Backs in the district. then lets remember that no one in this district will sop Dayton's running game. When WOS beat Dayton the Starters for Dayton played very little in a game that meant nothing to them!

Guest maverick24

You are correct The RB played the first 1/4 and the QB played 1 1/2. I think everyone knows if you play these two the whole game Dayton scores in double digits easy!!!!! Not saying WOS isnt a great team but lets be real Dayton may be the best team Offensively in the area in a while. If everyone will just be patient we will see how this district pans out. But we all have to realize that there is a new team on top and new teams with a chance to go to the playoffs.

You are correct The RB played the first 1/4 and the QB played 1 1/2. I think everyone knows if you play these two the whole game Dayton scores in double digits easy!!!!! Not saying WOS isnt a great team but lets be real Dayton may be the best team Offensively in the area in a while. If everyone will just be patient we will see how this district pans out. But we all have to realize that there is a new team on top and new teams with a chance to go to the playoffs.

were you at the wos/dayton game?

Guest GoStangs

LOL, Mav. Dugat, the QB, and the rest of the starters played a full 4 quarters. If you were at the game, you'd have seen that yourself. Dayton played strong in the first half, but by the 4th quarter, they were looking for O2 while the WOS players had plenty of gas in the tank.

Lets all remember when talking how Lumberton can not stop the run that they have played tow of the best Running Backs in the district. then lets remember that no one in this district will sop Dayton's running game. When WOS beat Dayton the Starters for Dayton played very little in a game that meant nothing to them!

LOL!!!! EVERY game means something. Is it that hard to give WOS its props??? Starters not playing?? Give me a break. Everytime I want to root for Lumberton, one of you posters gets on here and changes my mind. WE BEAT DAYTON!!! GET OVER IT!!!!

If you werent at the game, then dont quote things out of the air. Your sounding like a reporter for the national enquirer. :lol:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder