Postseason talk surrounds Lamar women

Guest coachacola

[quote name="NickKBTV" post="770620" timestamp="1267728114"]
UCA's Megan Herbert should be hands down the SLC Freshman & Player of the Year. What she's doing is unreal.
Avg
22.0 ppg - 1st in SLC
14.0 rpg - 1st in SLC and Nation (Will have school record for avg in a season)
.559 FG - 1st
.836 FT - 1st
6.1 Off Rebs Per Game - 1st
7.9 Def Rebs Per Game - 1st
35.4 Min Per Game - 5th
Posted 23 consecutive double-doubles which is the 2nd longest streak by a Division 1 player (3rd All-Time) in NCAA History behind Courtney Paris' 112 in a row.

Oh and she is only one of three players to average 20 pts & 10 rebs per game in the nation.....and is the only freshman in the group.
[/quote]

I wouldn't have a problem with her getting Player of the YEar as well as Freshman of the Year, BUT I think Plumley will be in the mix for player of the year as well.

Herbert has been a beast. I don't know how or why she ended up at UCA. She was the Arkansas Ms. Basketball last year and she ended up at UCA??????

The SEC has some pretty piss poor women's teams out there that could have used a solid basketball player. But I guess her size, or lack there of for a post player, scared them off.

When the voting is tallied I think Plumley is first team all SLC & Newcomer of the Year, Tray Smith Defensive Player of the Year, Loyd and Darika Hill third team.

I say third team for Loyd because she is a freshman and will get a little bit slighted. Plus, looking at history, her numbers as a freshman are not as good as Brittney Williams' numbers were her freshman season and she got third team and Freshman of the Year.

Kalis Frshman Year: 13.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and is fouth in the league in shooting percentage

Brittney Freshman Year: 14.4 points, 7.9 rebounds and was third in the league in shooting percentage

Herbert may have the best statistical numbers of a freshmen, but does she have the talent around her like Kalis does?

Kalis has to share the ball with Tra Smith, B. Williams, Darika Hill, Jasmine Henderson, Ang Green, AC, and obviously Jenna. There is only so much scoring Kalis can do.

Either way I am glad she is a freshmen and will have 3 more years to wear the red and white.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder