Silsbee v/s Rudder

AggieLion

I know the coach at both schools and have seen both schools play.  I have personally seen Rudder practice, play, and know their coach quite well.  For those who know Kountze basketball, you should know Desi Howard (Do-Dirty).  Well, the Rudder coach, Coach Jones, played with Do-Dirty at Pan Am.  With that said, Silsbee has better come to play.  Rudder plays similar to Kountze.  They run and gun...and when I say gun, I mean they shoot the ball..a lot.  They shoot the ball at least over 80 times a game!  Their best player, who they call 'Mun' (@ 6'3) can shoot outside...real sweet shot...and he has ups...he has caught many rebounds from nowhere and dunked it...due to his ups.  They have a point guard who shoot average...reminds me of Jackpot from Kountze a little.  Their energizer bunny is a guy name Will.  He gets real hyped up in the games and will get his...They have a left hander named Samaje and a player named Reginal who can shoot 3's.  The cool thing about this group is that they have no Seniors on their team.  There are actually no seniors at the school because this is a new school (in their 2nd year) and next year they will actually be 4a.  With this being said, I hope Silsbee will be prepared to play..I think this is going to be a very, very fast paced game with, I assume, I lot of fouls (Rudder will press the whole game as well....and they are five deep..Coach Jones believes in playing a full speed and keeping five fresh guys at all times).  This will be a very tough first playoff game for Silsbee.  I would love to see Silsbee and Kountze come home with the State title!  If Silsbee gets past Rudder, they will have beaten a good team!

The Tigers will have to play well and be more balanced.  They need take care of the boards and make some better shot ecisions late in the game if it stays close.  I think their shooting will be thrown off a little by our height if we stay in their face.  I feel like thetigers can hold their own in a fast paced game if they make their shots and not blow the easy ones.

I think that if Silsbee take care of the boards they will win.  Like I said...Rudder is going to shoot..no if, ands, or buts!  Silsbee will have to stay out of foul trouble (which is what I think is going to hurt them due to the fast past game they WILL be playing).  How deep is Silsbee?  Rudder is 5-6 deep and they will keep everything moving just as fast.  This will be a fun, great game to watch!!!  Not too many people know anything about Rudder..except Madisonville, Navasota, etc...but being that I know the players from there, seen them practice and play many times...they remind me of Kountze!  With that said, if Rudder is off on their shooting, Silsbee will win!  They will need to stop Mun and quiet down William "Will".  Rudder lost to Bryan High by 2 or 3 and Bryan High is a very good 5a school.  I do believe Coach T will have his boys ready.  Good luck to the Tigers!!!

Coop, are you trying to psych some people up! lol!  I could not see Coach Jones saying anything like that.  He does not look over any school and definitely would not make predictions like that.  If he did say that, it would be like hearing a Coach Fred Williams, or a Coach Boutte saying their team will win by 15...the fact is you would probably not hear them say that, but if they did say they should win a game...more than likely they will....I will leave it at that:)

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="763884" timestamp="1266821688"]
[font=Courier]LOL....No AggieLion....I had a few people tell me that last night & another today.

From what I hear, it's going to be a war.[/font]
[/quote]
Thats not the first time I have heard those type of comments come playoff time.  I have a hard time seeing the Tigers getting beat by 15 by any AAA team unless we have bad foul troubles.  With that being said we better come to play and get some balanced scoring.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="763884" timestamp="1266821688"]
[font=Courier]LOL....No AggieLion....I had a few people tell me that last night & another today.

[/quote]

It really amazes me to hear a coach say this after seeing the Tigers.  I hope we can get out of our late game slumps the last couple of games,  I would love to see the Tigers flip flop this prediction.

[quote name="ST413" post="763888" timestamp="1266822516"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=66363.msg763884#msg763884 date=1266821688]

[/quote]

It really amazes me to hear a coach say this after seeing the Tigers.  I hope we can get out of our late game slumps the last couple of games,  I would love to see the Tigers flip flop this prediction.
[/quote]I think every coach ought to be confident enough in his team to believe this.  He should also be able to project this confidence.  If he doesn't think this, then his team shouldn't be in the play-offs.

[quote name="ST413" post="763959" timestamp="1266852459"]
Every coach should be confident but making a statement like that in public especially at what might as well be considered the opposing teams home is questionable.
[/quote]Why? It might pump up the other team?  If they ain't pumped up already, then they aren't gonna be pumped up.

The comment that was supposed to been heard is hear-say.  I would bet money that Coach Jones from Rudder did not make this statement!  Again, though, if he did, then he must be really confident.  It would be like the coach from Yates saying that he is going to win a game...not guaranteed, but he is confident that his team will do so (and I would totally agree with him!!)  To be honest with you, I don't know any coach that will make a statement like that in public...other than one that is fairly new at coaching and doesn't really know much about sportsmanship and respect.  Do you know of any coaches that will make statements like this in public?  I will say though, I am not an idiot to think there are coaches out there who has not or will not say it....I just don't know any:)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="763964" timestamp="1266852823"]
I think what ST413 is trying to say, you never want to give your opponent any added fuel to the fire that is already burning.

I agree, making those kind of statements publicly really only get's your opponent pumped up more and put's more pressure on yourself.
[/quote]

Yeah, I agree.  That is why I really think it was not said by him, but by someone else or just a rumor to psych the Tigers up and their fans.  Maybe I should say that I heard the coach from New Waverly say that his team is going to put a Yates beating on Kountze when and if they ever play one another...Now that rumor would cause some firing up!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="763964" timestamp="1266852823"]
I think what ST413 is trying to say, you never want to give your opponent any added fuel to the fire that is already burning.

I agree, making those kind of statements publicly really only get's your opponent pumped up more and put's more pressure on yourself.
[/quote]I think those kind of statements affect your own team as well.  Your players realize that they have to step up.  But it gives them the added  bonus of knowing that their coach has confidence in them.

Joe Namath didn't predict a Super Bowl win simply because he had one too many to drink, you know!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics