**OFFICIAL Mid-County MADNESS THREAD!***

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure what happend to Nederland's defense the last two games, as I once thought they were pretty darn good. Having said that, PNG is so bad this year it won't matter. Nederland runs all over PNG this Friday. It will be the Mosley show.

yall have to think. This is like the Texas and Texas A&M last year. Such a big rivalry no matter how good 1 team is it will always be a battle. Both teams will bring their a-game, and it should be a good game. ANYTHING can happen! Good luck to both teams. And to people that are going to the game that arent showing up 2 hours early, good luck parking. :shock:

Not trying to start anything but didn't Barbers Hill only beat Crosby 10-0? PN-G can't be that bad, they have wins against Crosby, Silsbee and Ozen. And Nederland will be in good shape if Mosley plays and the defense steps up. Many coaches thought after non-district the team to beat was Nederland, for some reason the wheels have fallen off but they are a very capable team, they pushed LaMarque and Waller to the limit. The Indians got it handed to them by LC-M but I think they can bounce back. This will be another classic battle.

Offensively, Nederland is very solid, especially with Mosley returning, however, defense is a whole seperate issue. The defense played tough against LaMarque but has not been the same since. Nederland did hang with Waller but this game was a shoot out, not much D there. The last team with the ball won that game. As is well documented, the D was not very good against Vidor or Central. Right now, the Dogs have to re-figure out how to tackle, plain and simple. I cannot say how many we missed this season. The road back to the post season is a long one, but things look a lot brighter with a W this week over PNG. Can they do it? I have faith in 'em. Best of luck Dogs.

Nederland has a decent squad. I just think adjustments need to be made on defense and we will be ok. I blame the coaching for Vidor/Central. The preparations just werent there. They couldnt defend against Centrals obvious playcalling... all that being said... It will be a close game... BUT Nederlands defense will be able to stop PNG's weak offense...and Mosley racks up another 200+ yards

As far as the district goes... Nederland WAS the team to beat coming into it all. I think that was the main problem Nederland has had... Nederland never does well when people expect them to take it all... call it choking or what have you, but Nederland performs best when they are the UNDERDOGS... mark it down... if you know anything about Bulldog Football its that we perform best when we arent expected to when... We are supposed to be the shock team

GoDogs, I respectfully disagree that coaching was the main problem in the Vidor/Central games. If you tackle (or don't in this case) the way our D has been, no scheme will solve your problems. Our guys need to dump the arm tackling and hit somebody in the stinking mouth. Then and only then will we see an improvement.

I agree with you and you do have a good point. Maybe I was mistaken on the Central game, because I did recognize the arm tackling and grabbing of jerseys.. They need to hit people and they arent.. you do have a great point there.. As it pertains to the Vidor game, however... The onside kick really confused me... if you watch the video of it.. out players are actually running back on the kick as if they are setting up to block for a return... I cant see any coach telling the players to run back, it was obvious that they were going to kick onside with that little time left... they shouldve been told to stay at the ten yard mark and do not move.... as soon as the ball come off... jump on it... if anything they shouldve been running forward to jump on it... and why did we have only 6 people on our front line?? there should have been 9 people on the front line and 2 people in the very back...but there were three lines with 6, 3 and 2 players... i didnt understand that at all???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami