Pre-Season Top 10 Baseball

Never seen the board this quite in regards to baseball. I know we have lost some great posters who's sons have moved on to college ball but it's time for the new blood to step up.  

We have some talented players in the area, but I don't want to be the only one in the conversation. Let's hear about the some of the kids under the radar that will contribute to the high school teams.

Let's start out with who you think is the Top 5 teams in the area. Give a reason why you think this way.

1. Nederland - A lot back from a very experienced playoff team. Bellow will make them even tougher when he comes back.
2. Vidor — Also a lot back from an experienced team, could have the most back in 20-4A.
3. BC — Could be OF but need to see OF win against Hicks before you bump them up here.
4. OF  — Very, very, very talented team. 8 of 9 starters back and added Corey Huckabay to replace Peevey. Could this be the year?
5. PN-G — A lot of talent returns to the tribe. Coach Stone will have them pushing for district title.

1.  Nederland  Solid top to bottom with a healthy Bellow they will be the team to beat in the area.
2.  OF            Have the weapons to make it to Round Rock
3.  BC            Hicks will be unstoppable this year.
4.  Jasper        Bring back a lot of talent and have some young guns to fill in a few spots.
5.  LCM          I think they are the major threat to Nederland in this district.  Should be quite a race with PNG and Vidor also solid.

Well I have watched a couple of scrimagges now, but only a couple because of all the rain. But Gabe is pretty close imo.

1. Nederland- They are number one until someone proves otherwise. Loads of talent.
2. Vidor- I may be the only one who agrees with you but I think Hester could beat Nederland both times. He might not loose a game in district. Plus all the other experience coming back they have.
3. BC- This 3a district is the cardinals until someone takes it.
4. OF- Basiclly 9 returning starters and 2 Big XII signees. Someone said "could this be the year?" Well if it is not it may never be.
5. PNG- I could see them making a very long playoff run. And if a few things break right could easily win the district. Might should  be in front of the 2 3a schools, but I think they play BC so we will see.
6. Jasper- Should probably be in the top five but I seldom make it up north so I haven't seen them yet. I think they come to the Vidor tournament maybe I can catch them then.

Starting the season at #3 in the state, the only 2 teams ranked higher are nationaly ranked.  Good thing is they will have to play each other before state and one will be eliminated.  We have pretty much the whole team returning from last years semifinalist team...including Chase Wellbrock, Texas commit Erich Weiss and Drake Roberts who commited to Arkansas as a freshman.  All 3 are all americans.  Region 3 should come to us or Nederland.  If that's the case, it should be a good series just like last year.  Remember games arnt won on paper though, they're won on the field. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="761255" timestamp="1266431833"]
Starting the season at #3 in the state, the only 2 teams ranked higher are nationaly ranked.  Good thing is they will have to play each other before state and one will be eliminated.  We have pretty much the whole team returning from last years semifinalist team...including Chase Wellbrock, Texas commit Erich Weiss and Drake Roberts who commited to Arkansas as a freshman.  All 3 are all americans.  Region 3 should come to us or Nederland.  If that's the case, it should be a good series just like last year. [b] Remember games arnt won on paper though, they're won on the field[/b]. 
[/quote]
NICELY PUT...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder