Houston Yates Warm Up Game

bosshog11

[quote name="The GOAT" post="760887" timestamp="1266379085"]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=66078.msg760824#msg760824 date=1266376915]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=66078.msg760634#msg760634 date=1266355463]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=66078.msg760628#msg760628 date=1266355074]
Arent all good teams doing that stuff too?

Back on topic...Does anyone know who Yates will Play?
[/quote]What does kelly know about basketball anyway? ;D
[/quote]

Probably the same as Memorial seeing as how Knowles is from Port Arthur
[/quote]That's right PA put kelly basketball on the map, anyway no warm up game for us playoffs start
tues. at lee college in baytown against Pasadena Dobie.
[/quote]

No I think Edward Persia, Taylor Mullenax, Ryan Zummo, And Jude Messina did that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
I say that Yates should scrimmage themselves for a warm-up. If their 2nd, 3rd and 4th strings are so good, they should be able to avoid the "life lessons" that Yates has been dishing out in their district all year.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="761297" timestamp="1266435581"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=66078.msg760887#msg760887 date=1266379085]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=66078.msg760824#msg760824 date=1266376915]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=66078.msg760628#msg760628 date=1266355074]

[/quote]

[/quote]That's right PA put kelly basketball on the map, anyway no warm up game for us playoffs start
[/quote]

No I think Edward Persia, Taylor Mullenax, Ryan Zummo, And Jude Messina did that.
[/quote] ::)Johnathan Brown, Jacovan Brown, James Knowles= The  Three J's= TAPPS State Championship all from PA. ;)
enough said!!!!!!!!

[quote name="The GOAT" post="761156" timestamp="1266423576"]
[quote author=palincoln4life link=topic=66078.msg761028#msg761028 date=1266391758]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=66078.msg760646#msg760646 date=1266356548]
[font=Courier]They aren't traveling either. I asked why they won't play Bellaire, and didn't get an answer.[/font]
[/quote]

They played Bellaire in a warmup game last year and beat Bellaire by like 30 and[b] Bellaire ended up losing in the first round[/b].
[/quote] ;D Sounds good to me. ;D

PA, who did Bellaire bring back this season.
[/quote]

They have pretty much the same team, I watched them last week they are pretty good. 4 D-1 players,  athletic, good shooters and a long big man Tobi Oyediji who is going to A&M.

[quote name="palincoln4life" post="761316" timestamp="1266437661"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=66078.msg761156#msg761156 date=1266423576]
[quote author=palincoln4life link=topic=66078.msg761028#msg761028 date=1266391758]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=66078.msg760646#msg760646 date=1266356548]
[font=Courier]They aren't traveling either. I asked why they won't play Bellaire, and didn't get an answer.[/font]
[/quote]

They played Bellaire in a warmup game last year and beat Bellaire by like 30 and[b] Bellaire ended up losing in the first round[/b].
[/quote] ;D Sounds good to me. ;D

PA, who did Bellaire bring back this season.
[/quote]

They have pretty much the same team, I watched them last week they are pretty good. 4 D-1 players,  athletic, good shooters and a long big man Tobi Oyediji who is going to A&M.
[/quote]What happened in their first round loss last year.

The Junior McClellan is a UT signee!  ;)

Well here is both teams starting 5... Bellaire probably has the best starting 5 in the State!  But they have a young coach and short bench... Both are disastrous when it comes to playing coach Wise and Yates!  To beat Yates you need good guards who are discipline enough to slow down and not play Yate’s game… Bellaire should win State but I think coaching will cost them!!

Brandon Peters  6'1  Yates  SIGNED W/ WESTERN KENTUCKY
Joseph Young  6'2  Yates  SIGNED W/  PROVIDENCE 
Darius Gardner 5'10  Yates  SIGNED W/    S F A 
Alex Davis  6'7  Yates 
Elton Roy  6'2  Yates

Michael Oyedeji  6'7  Bellaire  SIGNED W/  TEXAS A&M
Jamel Outler  6'3  Bellaire  SIGNED W/  TEXAS TECH 
Kene Anyigbo  6'5  Bellaire  SIGNED W/  WESTERN KENTUCKY
McClellan 6'5 Bellaire verbal to UT
Sebastian Douglass  6'3  Bellaire 

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="761297" timestamp="1266435581"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=66078.msg760887#msg760887 date=1266379085]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol dont fool yourself if Kellys on the map its because Jacovan put you'll there and you'll just got him because he didnt have to act right or be very smart to play there  ;) :o

Here comes BucOf2010 butting in to things he has no idea about again....

He didn't have to act right? Hmmm what school did he get kicked of the team? He actually listened to Knowles.

He didn't have to be very smart? Hmmm academics at Kelly or academics at Memorial? He was on course to graduate at Kelly...what happened at Memorial?

Edward Persia....didn't he go to Princeton, wasn't he the TAPPS Male Athlete of the year, didn't he make a memorable shot at Princeton.

Ryan Zummo and Jude Messina....Were they not on the team that beat a good deal of teams in this area....including Westbrook?

Taylor Mullenax...Hmm I think he had a bigger hand in winning two of those state championships than the Brown brothers did...Ask Knowles about that too.

So go worry about your senior year and East Chambers basketball and don't get involved in things you have no idea about

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="761881" timestamp="1266515000"]

He didn't have to act right? Hmmm what school did he get kicked of the team? He actually listened to Knowles.

[b]He didn't have to be very smart? Hmmm academics at Kelly or academics at Memorial? He was on course to graduate at Kelly...what happened at Memorial?[/b]
Edward Persia....didn't he go to Princeton, wasn't he the TAPPS Male Athlete of the year, didn't he make a memorable shot at Princeton.

Ryan Zummo and Jude Messina....Were they not on the team that beat a good deal of teams in this area....including Westbrook?

Taylor Mullenax...Hmm I think he had a bigger hand in winning two of those state championships than the Brown brothers did...Ask Knowles about that too.

So go worry about your senior year and East Chambers basketball and don't get involved in things you have no idea about
[/quote]Help me with this ???

[quote name="GCMPats" post="761309" timestamp="1266436580"]
I say that Yates should scrimmage themselves for a warm-up. If their 2nd, 3rd and 4th strings are so good, they should be able to avoid the "life lessons" that Yates has been dishing out in their district all year.
[/quote]

works for me!

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="761881" timestamp="1266515000"]

He didn't have to be very smart? Hmmm academics at Kelly or academics at Memorial? He was on course to graduate at Kelly...what happened at Memorial?

[/quote]

Lmao he didn't have to pass a teks test at Kelly and as long as he was playing ball at Kelly he was going to pass at Kelly and he listened to Knowles? Correct me if I'm wrong but did he not have multiple on court tirades while at Kelly? Like I said as long as he produced on the court at Kelly he didn't have to produce anywhere else

I guess you just totally passed over everything else because what you were 10 years old or younger? The teks test are you serious? Like that's just so academically challenging? Kelly has sent students to Duke, MIT, Princeton, Texas, Notre Dame and so on without this test I think were doing okay.  The kid had multiple on court tirades everywhere he played. He never got thrown off the team with Knowles, and he never behaved the way he did in summer ball with Knowles. Don't get me wrong I am not making J'covan out to be a saint or saying he was during his time at Kelly. But Coach Knowles was a friend of the Brown family and he had the most control over J'covan. J'Covan had or may still have a serious temper issue. I personally saw the kid berate his AAU coach and throw his jersey to the floor during a game, in front of Mike Brey, several Texas Scout and countless other coaches. Knowles knew this and did his best to control the kid and channel his obvious talents.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="761998" timestamp="1266521180"]
Maybe you should study for your Teks test.....

The issue was Kelly basketball being on the map long before J'Covan. People who wern't waiting for their preteen years to start will tell you that Zummo, Messina, Persia, Mullenax could all play
[/quote]They all could play,but what i'm saying is the JB's and JK brought the rings.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476