LU vs Texas State...Cards Fall!!!!!!

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
Preview from the Port Arthur News:

http://www.panews.com/sports/local_story_043220626.html?keyword=topstory

From the Beaumont Enterprise:

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/local/cardinals_look_to_have_fun__then_win.html

Early start tomorrow at 4pm.  Can LU win on the road again?

Guest coachacola
I went to the game and was disappointed to say the least.  Roc needs to recruit some shooters, they put up some really bad shots.  They make a lot of careless turnovers and look really out of sync in their half court offense.  Nabors got hurt right before half time and wasn't much of a factor the second half.  Although Harris had 15 points, he doesn't have much of an outside shot.

I wasn't impressed with Strahan Coliseum one bit.  They only had one person in the ticket booth and once inside it felt like an oversized high school gym.  Lamar is very lucky to have the Montagne Center.

One last thing, when Lamar brings the ball up court, why do they stand around before running a play?  They seemed really confused on offense, or when Miles had the ball at half court, he would turn a wait for Roc to call out a play, and I thought the opposing player was going to steal the ball.  It seems like Roc needs to get out of the way and let them play.

[quote name="coachacola" post="759675" timestamp="1266114894"]
I went to the game and was disappointed to say the least.  Roc needs to recruit some shooters, they put up some really bad shots.  They make a lot of careless turnovers and look really out of sync in their half court offense.  Nabors got hurt right before half time and wasn't much of a factor the second half.  Although Harris had 15 points, he doesn't have much of an outside shot.

I wasn't impressed with Strahan Coliseum one bit.  They only had one person in the ticket booth and once inside it felt like an oversized high school gym.  Lamar is very lucky to have the Montagne Center.

[b][size=12pt]One last thing, when Lamar brings the ball up court, why do they stand around before running a play?  They seemed really confused on offense, or when Miles had the ball at half court, he would turn a wait for Roc to call out a play, and I thought the opposing player was going to steal the ball. [size=14pt] It seems like Roc needs to get out of the way and let them play.
[/quote][/size][/b][/size]

I think that if Coach Roc would just sit down and shout up he may be coaching at Lamar a little longer.  Hey, maybe we should just let Tic take over.  He has had success at Head Coach.  If the coach is confused on the bench as to what to do, then the players are too.

The turnovers come with a new cast players.  The guards are very athletic who will take a while to become acclimated to the system.  No doubt, a solid perimeter player coming in from juco or a mature freshman will help with this mixture.

Strahan Coliseum when compared with all arenas in the SLC is actually one of the better venues.  It has that wall on one side which was not well thought out on the part of the San Marcos folks but the rest of the arena is not that bad.  They do, however, have a far superior scoreboard than Montagne.

The Montagne Center is, hands-down, the best basketball arena in the SLC.  No one will argue with you about that.  The American Bank Center in Corpus is newer, but it's not a basketball arena.  That curtain on one side of the court is not attractive.  

What the Montagne needs is an up-to-date scoreboard with a video screen.  Probably a million dollars, I know, but I hope they get it soon.

Posted on the TXST board...

[quote]Thought it was weird, the Lamar coach went and shook the hands of all the Texas State players and coaches with like 17 seconds left in the game and just went to the end of the Texas State bench and neeled the rest of the game. Probably wouldn't have been a big deal, but a Lamar player got fouled with like 16.7 seconds left. They had two shots, and all the players were looking over to their bench for their coach.[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami