@ Newton 59, Woodville 52

[quote name="whsalum" post="759317" timestamp="1266030381"]
Woodville has some great athletes that play basketball.They aren't really basketball players but they can out athlete some folks but it can catch up with them sometimes.
[/quote]

For starters, I just gotta ask how many times you've seen woodville play because most of your posts seem to revolve around spending a large amount of time following East Chambers.  But my real question is, what in the heck does "has some great athletes that play basketball" actually mean??? I have actually watched Woodville play a few times and I gotta tell you their #5 is hands down one of the best ball handlers in the area, especially in 2A.  He also seems to be able to get to the rim about anytime he wants... Now is this just a great athlete playing basketball or is he really a basketball player??? This team full of  "great athletes" also plays a big kid a good bit who looks like an O-lineman and he seems to draw about 2 or 3 charges a game.  Is being in the proper defensive position a basketball skill or just a "great athlete" beating people to a spot???  This just sounds like a post you've had typed since around January and FINALLY got a chance to use it... But hey, I bet Daingerfield was just a bunch of great athletes that happen to play football too, not really football players.  And lastly, congratulations to Newton and good luck in the playoffs.

My post wasn't intended to disrepect Woodville.There is nothing wrong with being a great athlete that plays basketball I have probably seen this age group from Woodville play alot more over the years than I have EC. Newton is a perfect example of great athletes in the past few years that played basketball.These type clubs will win a lot of games but usually won't win to deep into the playoffs.There are alot of teams around that wish they had great athletes.

i can tell u now woodville is a better team than the team that played that night.... even dough #5 (darrin sells) did not play in this game.... :'( the woodville eagles were still the better team... they could have won that game easily without him but they were just a lil too comfortable... but i still think the Woodville eagles will do very well in the playoffs

Now I'm confused.They are a better team than the one that played last night?? They are the team that played last night. I haven't looked at a UIL bracket but I don't see the Eagles going real deep.They will have there hands full with Anahuac or EC and neither of those clubs are regional type clubs this year.

[quote name="Woodville2011" post="759866" timestamp="1266191765"]
U MUST BE CONFUSED IF U THINK THAT WOODVILLE WONT GO FAR... I BELEIVE THEY WILL I GOT CONFIDENCE IN THEM
[/quote]

I think if Woodville can get past EC or Anahuac then yes they will make it to the regional semis..... but once they get there doubt they get past Sabine..

[quote name="whsalum" post="759798" timestamp="1266172663"]
Now I'm confused.They are a better team than the one that played last night?? They are the team that played last night. I haven't looked at a UIL bracket but I don't see the Eagles going real deep.They will have there hands full with Anahuac or EC and neither of those clubs are regional type clubs this year.
[/quote]

I think what the guy meant was that wasn't the real Woodville Eagle team that played last night.  And if #5 didn't play I would agree to an extent with that statement since #5 really does seem to make them go.  But I would also like to say that is not a knock on the job Newton did Friday night or during the whole district season for that matter.  They've obviously improved tremendously throughout district.  Now, as far as Woodville going deep or not going deep, I'll be the first to say, I have no idea what's going to happen.  I have seen neither Anahuac nor EC play and I am sure they are both talented ball clubs.  But I tell you what I do know.  The boys from Woodville are most likely going to win an outright district title, which means they at least go two rounds, and they are going to win 20+ games.  I'm not from Woodville but I am going to guess none of those things has happen in quite some time.  How about we alums from other schools stop looking ahead for a minute and actually congratulate this team on some of the things they have already accomplished.

[quote name="utfan06" post="759876" timestamp="1266194108"]
[quote author=Woodville2011 link=topic=66009.msg759866#msg759866 date=1266191765]
U MUST BE CONFUSED IF U THINK THAT WOODVILLE WONT GO FAR... I BELEIVE THEY WILL I GOT CONFIDENCE IN THEM
[/quote]

I think if Woodville can get past EC or Anahuac then yes they will make it to the regional semis..... but once they get there doubt they get past Sabine..
[/quote]anythings possible just have to wait and see

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    assfff
    Newest Member
    assfff