Central vs. Ozen updates (for desethion )..... Jags Wiiiiiiiin!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="757772" timestamp="1265773806"]
Congrats Soulja.......you said last week that Ozen was WEAK!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]So, since Central beat Ozen...  and Central beat H-J, do that mean that 'weak' ozen would beat all mighty H-J?  ;D ;D  I'm sorry, Zeek.  I couldn't help it! 

Love the second half adjustments to stop Frank.  Keep the fastest roughest player on your squad (in our case, Damon Heard) in his front pocket on EVERY play.  Follow him everywhere.  Get him out of his game.  Them make the rest of the mediocre Ozen team beat you (which some of them made big plays down the stretch like David Green III).  Big time key rebounds by our team captain and Senior Chris Balaney and key 4th quarter offense by Senior 'BeeJay'.  And prime time 4th quarter and over time performance by K. Smith.  Keep the momentum going and finish the district off strong!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="757835" timestamp="1265777274"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=65826.msg757783#msg757783 date=1265774271]
Congrats Jags
And u to Robert ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]So, have you found your 3rd bandwagon team from crappy BISD?   ;D ;D
[/quote] I dont thing so you have got to have a bandwagon before you jump on. :D :D :D

The last Central victory was in the fall of 1999, graduating class of 2000...  Perk was a freshman, with John Chambers, Mike, Tigee, and company...  Central 5A squad featured a senior laden team with a (PTP sophmore just like smith) Bradndon Andrews, Teddy Hall, Dominique Young, & Ronnie Davis.

Wish I was there to see it, It has been too long coming... I am talking about three overtime losses, and multiple close games, and a gang of blowouts!!! *sigh*

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="757841" timestamp="1265777655"]
Love the second half adjustments to stop Frank.  Keep the fastest roughest player on your squad (in our case, Damon Heard) in his front pocket on EVERY play.  Follow him everywhere.  Get him out of his game.  Them make the rest of the mediocre Ozen team beat you (which some of them made big plays down the stretch like David Green III).  Big time key rebounds by our team captain and Senior Chris Balaney and key 4th quarter offense by Senior 'BeeJay'.  And prime time 4th quarter and over time performance by K. Smith.  Keep the momentum going and finish the district off strong!
[/quote]

Damon Heard did an excellent job in the second half... and overall, the entire team was rebounding like their life depended on it!

I appreciated the brand of basketball Coach Lee's team played throughout the ENTIRE game... penetrating, getting to the line, ball movement, no hesitation on open shots, if a guy wants to nail 30-foot three-pointers, let him do it, eventually he's going to miss two or three in a row and your team will get back into the game...

About those long 3-point attempts... other players on Ozen were throwing up those shots from 25+ and I think if they would have put the ball on the floor and taken it to the lane with a 8-11 point lead through the end of the 2nd quarter instead of jacking up multiple deep shots that were off the mark, this game would have been a little different.

Ozen only have only 2 players that I can see that can consistantly make 3s.  Frank and Sullivan..  And Sullivan is one of Ozen's bigs, so he is hardly out there.  It may be possible that no other Panther had the ability to penetrate but Frank.  Ozen's plan to isolate Frank at the top of the key may have backfired on them and played to our advantage.  He did have a big first half but made few things happen in the second half.  But I give Ozen credit.  They never went away from him.  I look forward to seeing Frank play at the next level.  Kid is fun to watch.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="758015" timestamp="1265821168"]
Ozen only have only 2 players that I can see that can consistantly make 3s.  Frank and Sullivan..  And Sullivan is one of Ozen's bigs, so he is hardly out there.  It may be possible that no other Panther had the ability to penetrate but Frank.  Ozen's plan to isolate Frank at the top of the key may have backfired on them and played to our advantage.  He did have a big first half but made few things happen in the second half.  But I give Ozen credit.  They never went away from him.  I look forward to seeing Frank play at the next level.  Kid is fun to watch.
[/quote]

Next level view wont be next year!! Doubt he qualifies for the next level!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="758029" timestamp="1265822375"]
Short, he have game..  Create his shot...  Deadeye from long range...  Can finish..  Can pass..  Good dribbles..  Long arms for playing the passing lane..  I think he can get his academics together...
[/quote]ya gotta get that GPA or score higher on the exam.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="757841" timestamp="1265777655"]
Love the second half adjustments to stop Frank.  Keep the fastest roughest player on your squad (in our case, Damon Heard) in his front pocket on EVERY play.  Follow him everywhere.  Get him out of his game.  Them make the rest of [b]the mediocre Ozen team [/b] beat you (which some of them made big plays down the stretch like David Green III).  Big time key rebounds by our team captain and Senior Chris Balaney and key 4th quarter offense by Senior 'BeeJay'.  And prime time 4th quarter and over time performance by K. Smith.  Keep the momentum going and finish the district off strong!
[/quote]

How is ozen mediocre when they have 1.beaten you earlier this year and 2. They are number 1 in district.?...and we have two of the best sophomores in the area (David Green and Joe Richards)..plus yall record not even 500 and it hasn't been all year.....central will still lose in the first round of the playoffs like alwayz

[quote name="supermario" post="758111" timestamp="1265832976"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=65826.msg757841#msg757841 date=1265777655]
Love the second half adjustments to stop Frank.  Keep the fastest roughest player on your squad (in our case, Damon Heard) in his front pocket on EVERY play.  Follow him everywhere.  Get him out of his game.  Them make the rest of [b]the mediocre Ozen team [/b] beat you (which some of them made big plays down the stretch like David Green III).  Big time key rebounds by our team captain and Senior Chris Balaney and key 4th quarter offense by Senior 'BeeJay'.  And prime time 4th quarter and over time performance by K. Smith.  Keep the momentum going and finish the district off strong!
[/quote]

How is ozen mediocre when they have 1.beaten you earlier this year and 2. They are number 1 in district.?...and we have two of the best sophomores in the area (David Green and Joe Richards)..plus yall record not even 500 and it hasn't been all year.....central will still lose in the first round of the playoffs like alwayz
[/quote]When I say Mediocre, I mean that it's not saying much because this district is not all that good.  I mean, this is not the best of Central teams.  We have had better teams, and you know it.  As for Ozen, you know those other Ozen teams are head and shoulders above this team.  The only player that is on another level in this district is Frank.  Would you fix your lips to say that this is one of the Better Ozen teams?  If you do, then you must have bumped your head or something...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder