UFC 109

venom33

awesome comeback baseball.... great way to overlook how slow and pathetic couture looked last night and coleman was even slower and looked even more pathetic! i actually felt bad for both guys after watching that fight! how many more "has been" fights will the ufc put on? this fight by far was one of the worst main events ive ever seen in any organization!

oh and if youre referring to fedor and his schedule heres a tidbit of info...fedor has 33 total fights with a record of 31-1-1 and his first mma fight (not including judo and sambo tourneys)was 5/21/2000.

couture has 28 total fights and has a record of 18-10. his first mma fight was 5/30/1997... couture has fought in mma 3 more years than fedor and has 5 less fights and is older than fedor by 13 years.

be careful when you use emotion and not facts....

Guest baseball25
Well if you thought it was bad then don't watch it. Ufc is the best organization out there they can't put on good  shows all the time. I mean fedor is going to fight a guy that who got cut from the ufc lol he already fought arvloski cut from ufc and Tim slyvia got cut too lol I mean give me a break

[quote name="baseball25" post="756667" timestamp="1265589578"]
Well if you thought it was bad then don't watch it. Ufc is the best organization out there they can't put on good  shows all the time. I mean fedor is going to fight a guy that who got cut from the ufc lol he already fought arvloski cut from ufc and Tim slyvia got cut too lol I mean give me a break
[/quote]

how could i have possibly known beforehand the main-event was gonna suck? also,i didnt say the entire card was bad just a HORRIBLE main event!

you have got to stop letting where a fighter fights determine his worth as a fighter or his world rankings. when fedor beat sylvia and arlovski they were both ranked in the top 5, where was coleman ranked last night?

you mention being cut from the ufc, wasnt coleman cut at one time? oh and didnt fedor beat coleman twice? dont forget to mention him when discussing these ex-ufc champions he's beaten.... ;)  so does that mean couture just did what you accuse fedor of doing, beating a once cut ex-ufc champion?

109 slipped up on me and I didn't get to watch it. I wasn't very excited about the card anyway.

Couture is getting old and knows how to control a fight to fit his age and condition. The problem is, it makes for a very boaring fight. He did the same thing with Vera.

btw, thanks for the information about channelsurfing.net because after I got home I watched the fights for free, but they were in Spanish, but who cares. I did not have to pay 4 bucks for a so so card. The undercard bouts were better fights. I wish Nate would have been able to do something but Chael controlled him the entire fight. I am a huge fan of Marquardt but I don't want to hear him make statements like he did after the fight still claiming to be the better fighter. Fights can be standing or on the ground in MMA and he definitely got shown a huge glaring weakness in his game. Silva is a pretty good ground guy as well so even if nate stepped up his striking due to that being what Andersen took him to town on he is still not close to being on the Spider's level. Neither is Sonnen.

Guest baseball25
no problem man , yeah i like nate alot to man it sucks that he lost, there daying coutore is going to get Silva,or  the machida vs sho gun winner.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder