WOS/HF Score

Bobcat1

[quote name="CrazyLikeThat" post="757170" timestamp="1265681215"]
WOS 57 HF 56 was the score. 
[/quote]
Crazy, serious question.  What happened to HF this year?  I expected them to be in playoffs for sure and even have a chance to compete for the district championship.

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan
[quote name="Cat22" post="757176" timestamp="1265681888"]
[quote author=CrazyLikeThat link=topic=65722.msg757170#msg757170 date=1265681215]
WOS 57 HF 56 was the score. 
[/quote]
Crazy, serious question.  What happened to HF this year?  I expected them to be in playoffs for sure and even have a chance to compete for the district championship.
[/quote]
I am not sure how to put this.

The girls were young but, a core team had the basic skills needed to compete.
There were some key departures in the upper classwomen ranks that were encouraged and avoidable.
There was no continuity developed because no girl was ever sure whom they were going to be on the floor with.
The girls were often not given the opportunity to win and the girls did not understand why.
There were several occassions where the court during a game was used to work out deficiencies in play execution.
There was inconsistent accountability for the players.
The assessment of the team's skill level eliminated the use of certain offensive/defensive sets and the girls were informed of this level of skill assessment.

In retrospect, there was enough talent to compete.  Maybe not win, but compete.  Where fundamentals were lacking, there wasn't much focus on improving.  I leave it up to all of you to draw your own conclusions about the cause of the issues I have listed above.

P.S.

JV/Freshman had very few practices throughout the year.
JV/Freshman were instructed not to run the same offense/defense as the Varsity.

Crazylikethat put it pretty well... These girls had the tools just never could put it all together I watched this team alot this year and they just didnt do the small things Im not for sure if I ever saw this team do a pick and roll I saw them trap on the sideline once and that was the 2nd to last game one game I remember very clearly they were in the bonus with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter and instead of attacking and trying to draw fouls they were shooting 3's and outside shots ???

[b]The assessment of the team's skill level eliminated the use of certain offensive/defensive sets and the girls were informed of this level of skill assessment.
[/b]

P.S.

JV/Freshman had very few practices throughout the year.
JV/Freshman were instructed not to run the same offense/defense as the Varsity.

[/quote]

How is this a bad thing?  To be honest I feel the HF coach did a pretty good job with the pieces in place (not to mention the forces he is trying to fight at HF...)  At least there is an evaluation of talent/skills and an effort to but the best plan in place to utilize that talent....

About the Jv and running the Varsity offense, The Varsity's offense is centered around thew PG (Cierra?)...There is not a player on the JV with similar skills at that spot...  Therefore he would be putting the JV in a bad spot expecting them to run the same type of system, without the same set of skills....

Give the guy some time.... I promise he knows what he is doing.  There is finally a coach in Longhorn land that has basketball as a priority and it seems like folks are trying to run him off because they don't agree with his style of play....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124