NEW!! Port Neches Junior/Senior League ages 13-15

[u][b]Port Neches Junior/Senior League Ball[/b][/u] (former Port Neches Pony league field)
Open for Port Neches, Groves & Nederland players
Ages 13-15

[b]REGISTRATION[/b]: (Players & Coaches)
February 6th and 13th
10-2 p.m.
Port Neches Little League Board Room
$100 + $10(maintenance fee) = $110 total

[b]TRYOUTS[/b]:
February 18th and 22nd

More Information Call:
409-527-1665
or
409-656-5155

For Sponsor donations: 409-719-8018

I have a question about Jr/Sr league.  I know in Pony the bases and the mound are shorter than HS, which kinda puts the kids at a disadvantage when they get to HS. 

What are the rules for Jr/Sr league?  90 foot bases?  60'6" from the mound?  Just wondering

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="751455" timestamp="1264784696"]
I have a question about Jr/Sr league.  I know in Pony the bases and the mound are shorter than HS, which kinda puts the kids at a disadvantage when they get to HS. 

What are the rules for Jr/Sr league?  90 foot bases?  60'6" from the mound?  Just wondering
[/quote]little league jr and sr fields are the same as high school fields. the fences may be a little shorter at some parks. (around 300) the bases and pitching mound are the same, as are the rules with the exception of pitch counts. evadale jrs play on their high school field. b.c. and vidor's fields are nice and the umps are taso high school umps. the seniors (15-16) start after the high school team has been eliminated from post season.

One of the big differences in 12 and under and Junior League besides the base distance is that stealing is allowed according to the regular rules of baseball.  In Majors and Minors (12U), you can only steal after the ball crosses the plate.  I think it's a good idea because of the base distances being shorter in Major and Minor.  In Junior and Senior, the base paths are much longer.

Having coached both Junior and Senior LL through Little League, Inc. through the now defunct Twin County Little League in Orange, I wish the PN Junior and Senior leagues great success.  Thankfully, we have an abundance of Junior and Senior teams in the area. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83