EC vs Anahuac: Predictions

et531303

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="lakeside3" post="751472" timestamp="1264785839"]
No this isn't the same team from football...How can you compare a team beating another in a totally different sport???If you're gonna talk about football then move along to another forum >:(
[/quote] I will have to over look the fact that you are a rooky to this site and tell you that ever kid on the EC team was on the football team that went to the 3 round in the playoffs. And if you are a player you can play any sport. There is not one Pro Basketball player that could not play football. How hard would it be for a 5'10'' def back to try and stay with Jorden

What happened to all the predictions of Anahuac winning by 25?! haha looks like woodville will be waiting at home while these two teams duke it out for 2nd place. Come on true blue, how can you compare two sports? youre worried about beating woodville but you still have to get through anahuac to get to us. I will agree that district 22 isnt that great but, with the exception of kountze, 23 isnt too good either. i believe woodville can compete in any district in 2A, but we'll see. Anahuac and EC, have fun playing each other again while woodville is chillaxin lol but really im anxious to see how this one plays out, good luck to both teams

Eagles2010 I am realy not comparing the two sports, just comparing the clames that EC playes in a week district. The same post were made during football season. Personaly I think any team from eather District can beat any team from the other district, except for maybe Kountze ;D I am sure that Woodville has a strong programe, they did have good athletes on the football program. And should make for good games during the playoffs.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="752009" timestamp="1264839482"]
[font=Courier]Big win for the EC program. Anahuac is a tough place to win. EC is playing well and Ktz will have their hands full when they travel to EC. I just have a feeling it will be closer than most anticipate.[/font]
[/quote]

Kountze will win by at least 25

[quote name="utfan06" post="752103" timestamp="1264875206"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=65280.msg752009#msg752009 date=1264839482]
[font=Courier]Big win for the EC program. Anahuac is a tough place to win. EC is playing well and Ktz will have their hands full when they travel to EC. I just have a feeling it will be closer than most anticipate.[/font]
[/quote]

[/quote] The Kountze game is going to be closser than you think. Not saying that EC will win, but they will not get blew out like Kountze has everone  else. EC play them close at Kountze untill the 2 half, and Kountze will not have their hand picked UIL Refs that bring their on homecooking ;)  EC is the only team to hold Kountze to 90 points and no oops ;D in Dist. so far. This will be a good game and dont look for EC to laydown and rollover for them, Ec players will pull their laces up a little tighter for this game.

[quote name="True Blue" post="752114" timestamp="1264877084"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=65280.msg752103#msg752103 date=1264875206]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=65280.msg752009#msg752009 date=1264839482]
[/quote]

[/quote] The Kountze game is going to be closser than you think. Not saying that EC will win, but they will not get blew out like Kountze has everone  else. EC play them close at Kountze untill the 2 half, and Kountze will not have their hand picked UIL Refs that bring their on homecooking ;)  EC is the only team to hold Kountze to 90 points and no oops ;D in Dist. so far. This will be a good game and dont look for EC to laydown and rollover for them, Ec players will pull their laces up a little tighter for this game.
[/quote]

The players know this stuff goin in.... Im just sayin in the end there will be at least a 25 pt margin:)

Kountze is just 25 points better than everyone else in this district this year.Hats off to EC because Anahuac is always a tough place to play.Just curious did the panthers lose any players to grades ?? I didn't see them losing this one at home.I gotta disagree with Eagle2010,I think Woodville would have to play one of ther better games to beat several of the teams in 23aa.

Anahuac had all their players, just dont think they were ready for the way EC came after them from the start. Ec jumped out to a 10 point lead and it took so much effort to  cut into that lead that evertime they did they just ran out of gas and EC would pull back out in front. But I have to say that they never quit comming. The new line up for EC helpes them finish ever Qr. Anahuac would cut into the lead at the start of ever Qr just to have EC put Carrington, Green, Dunigan in and pull away. And you are prob right that Kountze is 25 points better but I think we will still play the game, strange things happen when 17 and 18 year kids are in charge.

I love these Kountze by 25+ predictions, if I do remember correctly in 2005 when Tramain Thomas was just a Freshman and CJ Joseph was a Senior, Kountze was the #1 team in the state and were predicted to blow out EC in Winnie and EC played a great game and beat them at home in one of the best high school games I've seen. It was packed to the max. But we will see..

[quote name="setx12" post="752324" timestamp="1264902798"]
I love these Kountze by 25+ predictions, if I do remember correctly in 2005 when Tramain Thomas was just a Freshman and CJ Joseph was a Senior, Kountze was the #1 team in the state and were predicted to blow out EC in Winnie and EC played a great game and beat them at home in one of the best high school games I've seen. It was packed to the max. But we will see..
[/quote]  last i checked EC doesn't have any player anywhere close to what tramain thomas or cj joseph was lol... this will be a blow out just like last year and the first time this year kountze by 25 or more depending on how the 3 ball falls...

There isn't a player on the EC squad that would even get on the floor with that group.Thomas,Joseph,Guillory and McDonald were legitamate state contenders who had the misfortune of being in the same district with the best team in the state.Please don't make those comparisons,Tramain was the type player who could neutralize the press by himself.

[quote name="whsalum" post="752511" timestamp="1264968089"]
There isn't a player on the EC squad that would even get on the floor with that group.Thomas,Joseph,Guillory and McDonald were legitamate state contenders who had the misfortune of being in the same district with the best team in the state.Please don't make those comparisons,Tramain was the type player who could neutralize the press by himself.
[/quote]

I think Carrington was close to them before hurting his shoulder I remember some nice plays from Thomas to Carrington our sophomore yr

[quote name="whsalum" post="752588" timestamp="1264985760"]
He wasn't a bad player but he wasn't in the same league as the players on this list.He would make a big difference in this years club if he was healthy.
[/quote] He is playing a lot better now that he is nolonger playing the 5. At 6'2'' he was not comfortable there. Now he is playing the 3 and 4 that has allowed him to get the ball in space and he is fast enuff to go by most players and can shoot over alot of players. I see this team going at least 3 rounds in the playoffs and I look for a good showing next Friday night when they play the top team in Dist. at home.

I for sure was not comparing the two teams, that 2005 EC was probably the best team to come out of EC, ever. BUT what I was trying to say was that before that win against Kountze no one gave a second look to EC, East Chambers was just another average team, no one knew Preston Guillory, CJ Joseph, Dominique Harmon, Tyler McDonald's names they probably knew Tramain Thomas because he had so much hype going into high school and certainly lived up to it, but, he was just a freshman that year. That's merely what I was saying, hopefully the boys will step it up and play on the level they are capable of playing. And as far as Carrington goes, he is a lazy player, he had potential but doesn't want it bad enough. I have no respect for players like that especially those who skip practice because they are scared to pull tires during work out. That's the different between this team and the teams of 2005, 06, 07 ect. they wanted it and you could tell when they stepped on the court they went after every lose ball and played hard.

I've watched Carrington for years and the injury is what is hampering him this year.He isn't the player he has been in the past.I haven't looked at the UIL bracket yet but I don't see EC going very deep in the playoffs.They will beat the clubs from the prep district toward Houston but that's probably about it.There is nothing wrong with supporting your team but Kountze is gonna be a real challenge to hold it within 30.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• So buddy is the OC and AD and you have a head football coach interesting 
    • FBC transfer most likely will. He’s already been on several recruiting visits and has been looking decent on the camp circuit for only being a freshman. I don’t think his family will let him sit past this year though.   JV kid is decent but he’s not really anybody I think you want to rely on competing against good teams with. He has some moxie but he’s smallish and doesn’t have a lot of arm talent. I think he would stay and be a backup no matter what or switch positions if the FBC kid stays. 
    • Oh an institution can move away from God, and the USA is running away from God.  I am not trying to chase you off - this is a free site.  I just wish people would be more open to alternative view points.  The devil wants to sow division.  Nice to hear you admit that God is love.  I generally try to stay off this side of the site - would much rather talk baseball and small town sports.
    • I guess you heard wrong? All of the sophomore studs he grew up with are on varsity and several played great in the Spring game, 4/5 will start and the others are in the two deep. Only kid I heard about going to Dayton is the receiver that left to go to North Shore and he hasn’t even been playing football. Leaving was what he felt was best for his kid, sometimes you have to make those choices. My son would’ve left last year too if he could’ve gotten eligible, doesn’t mean I would’ve liked Crosby less.  
    • It’s always funny to me when present day republicans start talking about what 19th century republicans did, because you’re absolutely right.  Point it out and they get mad, though.  And I vote Republican 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Topics