Yates' 100-point streak ends in win over Westbury

Guest GCMPats

This is an interesting discussion and I can understand both sides of the argument.  It seems the object of the game changed from "let's win this game" to "let's keep Yates from scoring 100 points".  That seems to be the Westbury coach's goal. 

He must've felt his team could not win, so the next best thing was to keep Yates from scoring 100 points and end their streak.  Yates accepted the challenge and was determined to do whatever it took to "beat" Westbury by scoring 100 points.  So in the end, Westbury was successful.

So is it "classless" for Yates to try to score 100 points or "classless" for Westbury to stop them?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently Westbury decided not to let Yates break the 100 point barrier.That may be a moral victory for them but you can't blame Yates for wanting to score.Most of those kids are playing for a free ride to school so they have to shine when given the opportunity.I stll say their are ways to keep clubs from scoring 100.You simply have to make them make the decision if the price of running it up is worth what it's going to cost them.If so ,roll it out there and let em play.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="747431" timestamp="1264094340"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65031.msg747429#msg747429 date=1264094117]
Fellas, whether you want to buy into this or not, it really doesn't matter because it's the way of the shoe world. Shoe contracts, leverage for summer coaching jobs on elite summer basketball teams (driven by Nike). National rankings solidifies another shoe contract for the school to make it somewhat simple for you to understand. ;)
[/quote]

Shoe contracts? Who is getting shoe contracts? My school wears Nike, but I can assure you that Nike cannot "provide" these athletes with any shoes nor pay high school coaches to do so either. It's a violation of UIL and NCAA Amateur status laws.
[/quote] You bet it is.Come on BLUE :o :o :o

Guest hjlonghorn
[quote name="Sloe" post="748292" timestamp="1264217549"]
Heck Kountze has broke 100 11 times this season.
[/quote]
Have they played anybody worth scoring a 100 points against?

[quote name="hjlonghorn" post="748955" timestamp="1264375440"]
[quote author=Sloe link=topic=65031.msg748292#msg748292 date=1264217549]
Heck Kountze has broke 100 11 times this season.
[/quote]
Have they played anybody worth scoring a 100 points against?
[/quote]not really :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami