The next level.....

Lazeek

Guys lets keep this civil and on topic!!!  

Who are some local high school basketball players that are being courted at this moment to play ball at the next level.............whether it be D1, JUCO, NAIA, etc!!!

I know the two kids at Memorial are being recruited by LU, but who else is looking at them??  What other kids.  SE Texas is always full of good talent!!!

Has anyone signed or committed???

Actually, as for the two at Memorial, one has signed with Lamar (post player) and PG Shaquille White has signed with UT-Arlington.

Avory Thomas, '6"6 post player for Silsbee is getting some looks from some JC's and a couple of DII schools. No other senior on the team is getting any looks.

I have heard talk on other players from the area, but do not know for certain.

I will get back with ya on this. ;)

[quote name="D WADE" post="741275" timestamp="1263058726"]
surly decarlos franks is getting some look maybe not at the D1 schools that everyone thought but i bet there are alot of Juco's and DII that want him and also what about the two kids from kountze someone has to be looking at them
[/quote]

Again, I have heard talk, particularly on Brey and Walker of Kountze, but do not know for certain who is really recruiting them.

The talent level overall for the area is down somewhat this year so I don't think we will have any D1 signees.The JUCO door will definitely be open for the 2 kids from Kountze.If Walker hadn't hurt his knee he would have been a legitimate prospect because he has all the tools.These 2 can both jump out of the gym but are under sized to play the post in college and don't handle the ball well enough to go D1 right out of high school.That being said they could both refine their game somewhere like Baytown or Angelina and then step in to the big arena.

[quote name="D WADE" post="741275" timestamp="1263058726"]
surly decarlos franks is getting some look maybe not at the D1 schools that everyone thought but i bet there are alot of Juco's and DII that want him and also what about the two kids from kountze someone has to be looking at them
[/quote]I think DeCarlos is prime for a good prep school. Gives him another to mature mentally and academically. Also gives him a chance to get back on the radar for a big D1 if he has the ability.

Devin probably needs to go to a good JUCO to not only work on parts of his game but also to mature.I'm not surprised that Lamar is recruitng him however but they haven't done a very good job recruiting lately.You only have to look as far down the LU bench as Ashton to see the difference in the game at these levels.Hall was a great high school player with all the tools but even before the injuries he struggled on the D1 scene.

[quote name="whsalum" post="741730" timestamp="1263145740"]
Devin probably needs to go to a good JUCO to not only work on parts of his game but also to mature.I'm not surprised that Lamar is recruitng him however but they haven't done a very good job recruiting lately.You only have to look as far down the LU bench as Ashton to see the difference in the game at these levels.Hall was a great high school player with all the tools but even before the injuries he struggled on the D1 scene.
[/quote]This is one of the common problems with a lot high school players.  They begin to read and hear about their own press clippings. Waiting for that major D1 call, and it doesn't materialize

A lot of the kids don't realize the total package it takes to play at the D1 level.I really believe Roman Walker would have been a legitimate D1 prospect had he not injured his knee last year.He could have developed in to a 3 guard because he could handle the ball real well,play great defense and shoot the mid and long range jumper pretty well.Devin plays good defense but will have to work on his ball handling and will have to develope an outside shot if we plays at the D1 level.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="742096" timestamp="1263220717"]
Just curious, but are there any high level D1 prospects in southeast texas? You know, SEC, Big 12, PAC-10, ETC
[/quote]

I thought you were the smart one and already knew about this area and it's basketball talent. ::)

You disappoint me, Blue.

Of course now we'll get the comparison from you of an area that has 400,000 population to an area with 4 million. ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="742099" timestamp="1263221174"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=64546.msg742096#msg742096 date=1263220717]
Just curious, but are there any high level D1 prospects in southeast texas? You know, SEC, Big 12, PAC-10, ETC
[/quote]

I thought you were the smart one and already knew about this area and it's basketball talent. ::)

You disappoint me, Blue.

Of course now we'll get the comparison from you of an area that has 400,000 population to an area with 4 million. ::)
[/quote]Thanks Aggie, you gave me the answer to my question and now I rest my case ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="742099" timestamp="1263221174"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=64546.msg742096#msg742096 date=1263220717]
[/quote]

You disappoint me, Blue.

[/quote]

Not thuis year Blue, but this area has fielded great talent before and will do it again!

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="742168" timestamp="1263232122"]
Don't forget Blue that this little ol area currently has one kid in the Big 12, one in the Big Ten, and one in conference USA.  All are contributers and one is the teams leading scorer.  I would say that is not bad for a small area like SETX!
[/quote]I know it's a down year. SE Texas has always been a  feeding grown for fresh young talent, I must agree.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami