25-1a Who will trumiph

Evolution

Bore at the house so how about i talk about my favorite district ;D
I saw the Spurger vs goodrich page turn in a page about the district so i thought ill just start a thread for it. I've line the teams up in order i believe they will come in and what i thought about them. feel free to do the same.

[color=maroon]Spurger:The rulers of the sea.This team seems impeccable.Having the most domonating post in the district. 3 point shooters that drives a coach nuts and a point guard that keeps everything running smoothly.[/color] [b]Tough games Cleveland (L, 84-64); Silsbee;?Broaddus?[/b]

[color=purple]Sabine Pass:A ream with vengeance on its mind.This team was good last year the coach has changed that good team into a phenomenal one. They have a domonating shooting guard that score every where, shooter that open up the lanes and a point guard that takes advantage of it all.[/color] [b]Tough games Nederland (L, 76-32);Vidor (L, 59-48)CHSA (L, 74-59)Orangefield (W, 52-47)?Bridge City?[/b]

[color=blue]Evadale:A team with something to prove.They seems to be a better team than last year.They have a great press, i would say the best in district.They out size every team so there should be no questions about there inside game but their guard play will have to prove itself if they want the 1st seed[/color].[b]Tough teams played Orangefield L,71-40; Silsbee;Rosepine (L, 61-36)[/b]

[color=blue]West Hardin: I really don't have much to say beside i don't see them coming 20pt close to any of the top 3 but i guess thats why we play the game[/color]. [b]Tough games Broaddus (L, 67-35);Kirbyville (L, 69-32)[/b]

[color=red]Hul Daisetta: I know they have ONE post but hardly anything around them. A press would really kill this team. I don't see this year Hd team coming 25 points close to any top 3 teams [/color] [b]tough games Leggett (L, 70-41) ;Kirbyville ?Bridge City? Liberty ?Broaddus?[/b]

[color=crimson]High Island: This year HI team seem worst than last. Idk know much about them but I also imagen a press killing them. I can't see them coming 30pts close to any of the top 3.[/color] [b]Tough Games none[/b]

I have been surprised at the members of this district so far.Evadale has been the biggest surprise to me.I had them picked 4th and they are better than I thought they would be.Spurger has been hit by the injury bug and that has kept them from being as good as they can be.They still get the nod as the favorite but they will need to get healthy to make a playoff run.They can be a serious threat to win the region if healthy.I wouldn't call the Sharks a phenomenal club, they have some potential but they haven't been very consistant with big losses to Nederland,Vidor and CHSA.The loss that really puzzled me was the one to Deweyville.The SP club I saw last year would beat Deweyville I believe.I haven't seen any of the other clubs but if history is any teacher I think HD will be decent.

I've seen just about every school in the area from big to small and Spurger and Sabine Pass are both very good in the smaller schools.Picking the out come of these two teams is like compairing if you rather an athletic team or a fundamental one.

Spurger has been hit by injurys and with Sabine you never know if your playing a shark or a goldfish.
A phenomenal team is like Yates. You know your screwed once you get on the bus a month before the game start.
I wouldn't say any team in this district is a phenomenal one in small school play.

I like Evadale odds.Their press is best in this district bar none,they have nice size so handling a post is the least of their fears. Guards are mediocre but I think they will need more from the perimeter play

If Spurger is really hurt from injury then they wont beat Sabine and how Sabine play if a goldfish shows up Evadale will beat it.I really wouldn't be surprised if a round robin happen. My 1st pick was Spurger since the injurys if Sabine continue to play how they are now I have no choice but to pick them(I never really liked sabine because few years back that one crazy kid ghostt but i guess i have to let it go  ;D

Guest THE SCOUTER
Healthy                        Right now
1. Spurger                    1.Sabine Pass
2. Sabine Pass              2. Spurger
3. Hull-daisetta              3. Hull -daisetta

[quote name="THE SCOUTER" post="736603" timestamp="1262209444"]
Healthy                        Right now
1. Spurger                    1.Sabine Pass
2. Sabine Pass               2. Spurger
3. Hull-daisetta              3. Hull -daisetta
[/quote]1 and 2 could go either way but evadale will be in not HD
Seen HD and WH play, not as good as in the past

Court, is Daniel going to be back at full speed by the time district starts??If so I gotta give a pretty big advantage to the Pirates.The Sharks have two good mid-range scorers but I give the edge to Blankenship behind the arc,Whittacre on the block and McGallion on the point.Spurger also gets a slight edge in the coaching catergory.If these two clubs are both healthy I like Spurger,if Blankenship isn't 100% it's closer but the Pirates still have the edge.

[quote name="whsalum" post="737094" timestamp="1262313427"]
Court, is Daniel going to be back at full speed by the time district starts??If so I gotta give a pretty big advantage to the Pirates.The Sharks have two good mid-range scorers but I give the edge to Blankenship behind the arc,Whittacre on the block and McGallion on the point.Spurger also gets a slight edge in the coaching catergory.If these two clubs are both healthy I like Spurger,if Blankenship isn't 100% it's closer but the Pirates still have the edge.
[/quote]Blankenship played in the tourney,a little rusty a first but found his game by the last
game they played. A few more games and he will be fine.I was sure glade to see him back on the court.

[quote name="whambulance" post="738279" timestamp="1262632999"]
For Evadale to make the playoffs, Leroy Reb MUST play unselfish ball.  Too often goes through traffic with a man standing wide under the goal.  JMO

Having said that, Spurger, Sabine Pass, and real close between HD/Evadale.
[/quote] Well I guess that you dont have to worry about him passing the ball now he is nolonger on the team. This lost is really going to hurt the rebs Now they have no real scoring threat so teams can play tight on the post and wait for the guards to make turnovers. They have a guard that has a nice set shot but he cant shot off the dribble and cant create his own shot. Evadale will have to realy work hard to get the 3 place spot in this Dist.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami