Houston Yates Vs?????

TopDawG52

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen both games and I was very impressed with the Butler vs. Winter Park game. Yates were no surprise but I know that wasn't thier best game at all. I believe that Butler will give Yates a good game. Winter Park relied on two good players out of Rivers (Boston Celtic head coach son) and number 23. Butler was able to shut Rivers down to only 12 points I believe. Yates has more key players for a high school team I ever seen. Butler will have to play more man to man than double team like tonight that they have done. Yates pressed throughout the whole game and I still can't understand why press when there's only two min left and your team up by 20 points.

[quote name="Babyboi_Prettyboi" post="736293" timestamp="1262143709"]
I seen both games and I was very impressed with the Butler vs. Winter Park game. Yates were no surprise but I know that wasn't thier best game at all. I believe that Butler will give Yates a good game. Winter Park relied on two good players out of Rivers (Boston Celtic head coach son) and number 23. Butler was able to shut Rivers down to only 12 points I believe. Yates has more key players for a high school team I ever seen. Butler will have to play more man to man than double team like tonight that they have done. Yates pressed throughout the whole game and [b]I still can't understand why press when there's only two min left and your team up by 20 points.[/b][/quote]

They came to play ball not look pretty.

[quote name="Babyboi_Prettyboi" post="736293" timestamp="1262143709"]
I seen both games and I was very impressed with the Butler vs. Winter Park game. Yates were no surprise but I know that wasn't thier best game at all. I believe that Butler will give Yates a good game. Winter Park relied on two good players out of Rivers (Boston Celtic head coach son) and number 23. Butler was able to shut Rivers down to only 12 points I believe. Yates has more key players for a high school team I ever seen. Butler will have to play more man to man than double team like tonight that they have done. Yates pressed throughout the whole game and [b]I still can't understand why press when there's only two min left and your team up by 20 points.[/b][/quote]Because, your suppose to break the other teams will till the end.

[quote name="The GOAT" post="736314" timestamp="1262146975"]
[quote author=Babyboi_Prettyboi link=topic=64094.msg736293#msg736293 date=1262143709]
I seen both games and I was very impressed with the Butler vs. Winter Park game. Yates were no surprise but I know that wasn't thier best game at all. I believe that Butler will give Yates a good game. Winter Park relied on two good players out of Rivers (Boston Celtic head coach son) and number 23. Butler was able to shut Rivers down to only 12 points I believe. Yates has more key players for a high school team I ever seen. Butler will have to play more man to man than double team like tonight that they have done. Yates pressed throughout the whole game and [b]I still can't understand why press when there's only two min left and your team up by 20 points.[/b][/quote]Because, your suppose to break the other teams will till the end.
[/quote]

And the fact is they do not know any other way to play!!!  All they know how to do is pressure the ball!

[quote name="CATMAN" post="736456" timestamp="1262192998"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=64094.msg736319#msg736319 date=1262147447]
[font=Courier]It's called CSTV or CBS College Sports...Ch. 309 on digital cable. Replay at 1am. I think they will play at 3 p.m. tomorrow. Will set the DVR for sure.[/font]
[/quote] To all that has Comcast channel 106  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Chronicle lists Yates and Butler @ 6:15 on CBS College sports.

[quote name="whsalum" post="736700" timestamp="1262223212"]
Young hits a 28 ft hook shot at the first half buzzer.He finished the first half with 30pts after not scoring until midway thru the 1st.We don't have anyone locally that can play with these guys I don't think.
[/quote]

We don't.
These guys are jumping out of the gym.

[quote name="whsalum" post="736703" timestamp="1262223389"]
[quote author=Babyboi_Prettyboi link=topic=64094.msg736697#msg736697 date=1262222995]
he actually has 29 points. He shot two long balls for about 27-28 feet long!!!!
[/quote]I was trying to keep up and he's scoring faster than I can chart.Did you see the hook at the buzzer?Unreal
[/quote]

The behind the head hook shot at the end of the buzzer was phenomenal!!!

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="736724" timestamp="1262226939"]
See what I mean when I say strong with the ball?  And the shooting started slow but they were killing the threes!!!!  Joe Young looked like the best player in highschool ball tonight!
[/quote]short? I missed the game tonight. I am assuming Yates won?

[quote name="palincoln4life" post="736760" timestamp="1262231441"]
Yeah they won by 31 108-77 Joe Young ended with 43 points, no one in the state can play with these guys.
[/quote]

No one in the NATION can play with these boys. Being alived for 18 years, I have to say this by far is the best high school team I seen playing the game of basketball.

[quote name="Babyboi_Prettyboi" post="736796" timestamp="1262234068"]
[quote author=palincoln4life link=topic=64094.msg736760#msg736760 date=1262231441]
Yeah they won by 31 108-77 Joe Young ended with 43 points, no one in the state can play with these guys.
[/quote]

No one in the NATION can play with these boys. Being alived for 18 years, I have to say this by far is the best high school team I seen playing the game of basketball.
[/quote]

That means you missed the 2003-2004 Willowridrge Teams.  We are talking 6 big time D1s and 3 pros in two years!!  Can you say Ivan McFarlin (OkSU and currently a 76er), Kenny Taylor (Baylor/Texas and Bosnia), Daniel Ewing (Duke, Clippers and cureently Polish League's Asseco Prokom Sopot ), and TJ Ford (Texas, Indiana Pacers)!!! Talking about highlight show!! 

But this Yates team is just as fun to watch.. Not sure they would be able to beat that Willowridge team though!  Those three guards could  handle any press and D. Ewing and K. Taylor were lights out from the arc!  And I am not even bringing Oakhill teams into the equation!

This Yates team is a great one though.  Last night they really put on a show.  They took out one of the nations best centers in the first game... He was too big to keep up!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01