[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="737012" timestamp="1262297866"]
1952 Terrell Tigers

Most dominating team in High School History Period

http://www.lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1574&S=1952
[/quote]

Why?

Odessa Permain Panthers......5 time state champs

http://www.lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?action=schedule&T=1162&S=1984

Because I am just speaking of the 1952 Terrell Tigers, They scored 516 points and only allowed 110 in 15 games finished 15-0 and no team scored more than 13 points on them. NOT saying they one more championships than anyone, just saying they dominated the 1952 season like no other team dominated one season ever and won the state championship.

And my Father just happened to play on that team, so maybe I was a little biased, but search the archives if you want and find a better PF/PA record, undefeated record and state championship team, for any one year and I will give you credit for finding it. But just wanted to put out there, a team, that is legendary in High School Football history, for their achievements in 1952. The question was asked and I answered it with my opinion, it really doesn't need justifying to you, because it is just that, my opinion. I was speaking of one team, not a high school history. I doubt seriously if one team won your 5 championships, especially since it spans from 1965 to 1991. That puts some of those seniors at about 45 years old. Just saying.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="737021" timestamp="1262300140"]
Because I am just speaking of the 1952 Terrell Tigers, They scored 516 points and only allowed 110 in 15 games finished 15-0 and no team scored more than 13 points on them. NOT saying they one more championships than anyone, just saying they dominated the 1952 season like no other team dominated one season ever and one the state championship.

And my Father just happened to play on that team, so maybe I was a little biased, but search the archives if you want and find a better PF/PA record, undefeated record and state championship team, for any one year and I will give you credit for finding it. But just wanted to put out there, a team, that is legendary in High School Football history, for their achievements in 1952. The question was asked and I answered it with my opinion, it really doesn't need justifying to you, because it is just that, my opinion. I was speaking of one team, not a high school history. I doubt seriously if one team won your 5 championships, especially since it spans from 1965 to 1991. That puts some of those seniors at about 45 years old. Just saying.
[/quote]

Good grief..........keep your hat on!  I was just asking "why" to your statement.  I hope you have a drink tonight to relieve some of that stress you got bottled up  ;)

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="737016" timestamp="1262299223"]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=64027.msg737012#msg737012 date=1262297866]
1952 Terrell Tigers

Most dominating team in High School History Period

http://www.lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1574&S=1952
[/quote]

Why?

Odessa Permain Panthers......5 time state champs

http://www.lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?action=schedule&T=1162&S=1984

[/quote]

If thats the case the 1984 French team should also be considerd as the best team of all time

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="737036" timestamp="1262302130"]
I will give you this John Wilkins of Odessa Permian was one of the most dominating coaches ever. His record from 1973-85 was, 148 wins 16 losses 6 ties, that's 89% of his games won. That's a tough one to beat I'd say. 
[/quote]

And one of those losses came at the hands of the Indians. ;D

The 1957 Nederland Bulldogs went undefeated winning state, scoring 431 points (30.7 ppg) while giving up only 54 (3.8 ppg) in 14 games, with 7 shutouts, including one shutout in the playoffs.

The 7 shutouts were against:

Tyler  6-0
Istrouma 14-0
Beaumont  41-0
French 37-0
Vidor 42-0
Silsbee 39-0
Edison (San Antonio) 39-0....semis

That's pretty good find Baddog

That 1957 team was chucked full of great players. I know some of them fairly well. James Street, he was one of the stars of that '57 Nederland team, I had forgotten about that team. James is still alive and retired up in San Jacinto County. He used to be a county commissioner up there for several years. He had pictures of that team on the wall of his office behind his desk. That Team had W.H. "War Horse" Erwin, Linc Pruitt, Herby Adkins (who later went on to be big time at Baylor), and a rookie Asst. Coach named Neal Morgan. The way James Street tells it, Herby Adkins busted through the line and he jumped and blocked the final punt in the Mustang endzone fell on the ball for a touchdown, to win the game and seal the deal against Sweetwater.  Or something along those lines. If you got around Joe Sibley, Pat Johnson, Neal Morgan or any of them, they all talk about that '57 team. Don't know if Joe and Pat are still alive, Neal was a few years ago, but not sure now. But I see James quite a bit when I am up there in Coldspring, we will go down to Kimons to grab a chicken fried steak, there in town. He still drives the same old Chevy PU he's been driving for nearly 40 years. He believes in getting his money out of a vehicle. Funny stuff, to sit across the table from him and he still calls me Coach, and I'm 21 years his junior. But when you are a football coach in East Texas in anyway form or fashion, you walk on hallowed ground in some folks eyes. 

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="737149" timestamp="1262341995"]
That's pretty good find Baddog

That 1957 team was chucked full of great players. I know some of them fairly well. James Street, he was one of the stars of that '57 Nederland team, I had forgotten about that team. James is still alive and retired up in San Jacinto County. He used to be a county commissioner up there for several years. He had pictures of that team on the wall of his office behind his desk. That Team had W.H. "War Horse" Erwin, Linc Pruitt, Herby Adkins (who later went on to be big time at Baylor), and a rookie Asst. Coach named Neal Morgan. The way James Street tells it, Herby Adkins busted through the line and he jumped and blocked the final punt in the Mustang endzone fell on the ball for a touchdown, to win the game and seal the deal against Sweetwater.  Or something along those lines. If you got around Joe Sibley, Pat Johnson, Neal Morgan or any of them, they all talk about that '57 team. Don't know if Joe and Pat are still alive, Neal was a few years ago, but not sure now. But I see James quite a bit when I am up there in Coldspring, we will go down to Kimons to grab a chicken fried steak, there in town. He still drives the same old Chevy PU he's been driving for nearly 40 years. He believes in getting his money out of a vehicle. Funny stuff, to sit across the table from him and he still calls me Coach, and I'm 21 years his junior. But when you are a football coach in East Texas in anyway form or fashion, you walk on hallowed ground in some folks eyes.   
[/quote]

Mid County schools dominated the 3A title scene from 1953-1957. PNG won 2, lost 1....Nederland won 1, lost 1.

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/archives/football/champions.html

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="737036" timestamp="1262302130"]
I will give you this John Wilkins of Odessa Permian was one of the most dominating coaches ever. His record from 1973-85 was, 148 wins 16 losses 6 ties, that's 89% of his games won. That's a tough one to beat I'd say. 
[/quote]

PNG beat them in 75

• 2 weeks later...
This one might be argueable but the 2008 Kirbyville Wildcats were a great football team. This team caught a bad break in the state championship game. Played a bad game every team has a bad game and there unfortunatly was the big one these guys were great.
QB- Aaron Hazlewood- District MVP
RB/FS- Broderick Jackson- Districts Defensive MVP
FB- Barry Burley
WR- Randy Musgrove- Districts Offensive MVP
WR/CB- Josh Hughey
TE/DE- Linwood Crawford
OL- Robert Burdge
OL- Frank MckMikel
OL- Dustin West
OL- Jay Kelley
OL- Dillon Peel
DL- Aaron Walters
DL-Justin Ballard
DL- Decovin Booker
LB- Jamichael Ervine
LB- Josh Harris
LB- Stefan Jackson
CB- Desmond Everett
SS- Justin Keene

The 1985 Houston Yates Lions. The had 7+ NFL players on that team. Coach T told me once that was the  best he had seen.

The best team I ever saw from my home state of WV was the Stonewall Jackson Generals of 1974. They had 3 NFL players on that that team. Walter Easley (49ers), Dennis Harrah (Rams), and Jackie Slater (Rams). That was probably the best team ever in WV, as they usually don't get 3 NFL players in the entire state in a 5 year span.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476