Spurger Ty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="sbash1994" post="735562" timestamp="1262025571"]
[quote author=ktz link=topic=63927.msg735520#msg735520 date=1262019527]
the hollier girl can be good times, in future she could be a good player, but she is not consistent... So you think the point guard( i think her name is mindy) isnt good on defense? is that what you disagree about?
[/quote]

I never said that she was bad at anything and here name is spelt Mindi.

[/quote]o ok sorry then, thats is just what it sounded like.

[quote name="ktz" post="735597" timestamp="1262027690"]
[quote author=sbash1994 link=topic=63927.msg735562#msg735562 date=1262025571]
the hollier girl can be good times, in future she could be a good player, but she is not consistent... So you think the point guard( i think her name is mindy) isnt good on defense? is that what you disagree about?
[/quote]

[/quote]IMOP and mine only,Mindi is good on def and ok driving the lane at times just to many
turn overs. The hollier girl needs to learn how to be a team player,she shows signs of being agood player at times and then at times wont give up the ball when needed.The best player that spurger has right now
is the means girl.And the best two hustlers they have are the little hatton & the rich girls.
I agree with court side Kelsey Sheffield going to the bright spot for spurger in the next couple of years,
passes well,shoots ok(will get better) and handles the ball better than any body on the team right now as a freshman. Needs more playing time to learn to make the right choices. 

[quote name="SHSalum" post="735897" timestamp="1262065942"]
[quote author=ktz link=topic=63927.msg735597#msg735597 date=1262027690]
[/quote]

[/quote]IMOP and mine only,Mindi is good on def and ok driving the lane at times just to many
turn overs. The hollier girl needs to learn how to be a team player,she shows signs of being agood player at times and then at times wont give up the ball when needed.The best player that spurger has right now
is the means girl.And the best two hustlers they have are the little hatton & the rich girls.
I agree with court side Kelsey Sheffield going to the bright spot for spurger in the next couple of years,
passes well,shoots ok(will get better) and handles the ball better than any body on the team right now as a freshman. Needs more playing time to learn to make the right choices. 

[/quote]what does IMOP mean lol???.. I have to disagree about mindi drivin the lane, she is the only one that can do it, and as far as turnovers she prolly has the fewest of all the starters AND SHE IS THE ONE PLAYER THAT HUSTLES THE MOST.. I agree with the hollier part and she needs to learn how to do layups instead of pullin up and missin... the best all-around player is Mindi..... the coach needs to do a better job coaching he needs to shoe them hoe to set a pick and roll, that would give mindi, the means girl, and hollier more open shots to take!!!!!

[quote name="ktz" post="735920" timestamp="1262090171"]
[quote author=SHSalum link=topic=63927.msg735897#msg735897 date=1262065942]
[/quote]

[/quote]what does IMOP mean lol???.. I have to disagree about mindi drivin the lane, she is the only one that can do it, and as far as turnovers she prolly has the fewest of all the starters AND SHE IS THE ONE PLAYER THAT HUSTLES THE MOST.. I agree with the hollier part and she needs to learn how to do layups instead of pullin up and missin... the best all-around player is Mindi..... the coach needs to do a better job coaching he needs to shoe them hoe to set a pick and roll, that would give mindi, the means girl, and hollier more open shots to take!!!!!
[/quote]

Mindi has more turnovers on the hole team go look at the stats! And i have to disagree Hatton hustles the most she is the one that is scared to dive on the floor after the ball in yesterdays game against Dewyville the coach had to pull her out twice cause of injury to the face the got stepped on once and then busted her lip bad from diving after the ball. All mindi trys to do is drive and the the big girls get a hand on the ball and its a turnover she only gets the foul called like every 5 drives.

The game that i watched lastnight mindi maybe only had one turnover, and she drives the ball cause nobody else on that team can, and if you say hatton has the most hustle u need to wake up and pay attention.. and another thing mondi should have 15 assists every game, but nobody can catch a pass and make an open shot, the hollier girl had a lot of turnovers yesterday and so did hatton.

[quote name="irst" post="736050" timestamp="1262113592"]
The game that i watched lastnight mindi maybe only had one turnover, and she drives the ball cause nobody else on that team can, and if you say hatton has the most hustle u need to wake up and pay attention.. and another thing mondi should have 15 assists every game, but nobody can catch a pass and make an open shot, the hollier girl had a lot of turnovers yesterday and so did hatton.
[/quote]
sorry bout the hatton part in this post i was thinkin of a differnt girl.. MY BAD lol...

[quote name="irst" post="736050" timestamp="1262113592"]
[/quote]

All the Spurger girls have their strengths and weaknesses:
-Moore is definetly the leader. She penetrates to the basket very well, plays amazing defense, and would get more than 15 assists per game if her team mates could anticipate her passes. If she would go up for the shot everyonce in a while when its open rather than passing it she would probably average 20 pts a game. She handles the ball very well under pressure, and she ends up on the floor after the ball just as much as any other girl. Her shooting could be better, but she is sure to have the best 3 pt. percentage on the team. She also needs to learn when to play more aggressive. Definetly a team player.

-Means is the shooter. She has her days where she is off, but usually she has a really smooth shot especially from her sweet spot. She is very quick on defense, but lacks some agression that is desperatly needed. She does not panic under pressure, and she has very few turnovers.

-Hatton is good on defense. She really racks up on the steals, but then hands the ball right back with her many turnovers. She does have the hustle, and she is getting better at driving. Her one big fault is catching passes. Her shot is improving drastically.

-Rich is starting to do well as a post. She lacks the experience, but she post up and blocks out very well. The wings do not feed her the ball enough on the inside. The problem is though, the wings can't trust her to catch the ball, and then you do not know if she is going to go up with her shot or not. She gets very good position under the basket, but she does't take the ineceitive to score. She is a great hustler and loves to be agressive, she just really needs to go up stronger on her shots.

-Sheffield is going to be really good. She can take the ball down the court, shoots very well, and isn't to selfish with the ball. Her faults are that she lacks the hustle and the quickness of the other starters, and she needs to use the backboard more often.

-Hollier is agressive at times. She needs to stop thinking of herself all the time and pass the ball though. Her 3 pt shot was on during the Colm. tournament, but it hasn't been so hot since. She handles the ball very well, but has multiple turnovers because of not passing the ball. Maybe Coach Martin should start praising them for assist instead of points. She also gets most of her playing time with the JV girls, and she doesn't encourage them or help them score. She is pretty quick, but she gets to excited after she scores and runs after the ball and fouls. When she misses her shots, she stands around and pouts for a few seconds. She also pulls up for shots one step inside the 3 pt line. She either needs to go ahead and shoot the 3 or get closer to the basket where she has a better chance.

-Carson is an athlete, but she lacks the motivation. She doesn't really take the game seriously. If she really wanted to play, she could be a ball player.

As far as the best player, who cares!!! The girls need to stop fighting amoung themselves on the court and play as a team and they could compliment each other and have a really good season. If they continue to screw each other over like they have been, they are not going to do any better than last year.

[quote name="sbash1994" post="736025" timestamp="1262110815"]
[quote author=ktz link=topic=63927.msg735920#msg735920 date=1262090171]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Mindi has more turnovers on the hole team go look at the stats! And i have to disagree Hatton hustles the most she is the one that is scared to dive on the floor after the ball in yesterdays game against Dewyville the coach had to pull her out twice cause of injury to the face the got stepped on once and then busted her lip bad from diving after the ball. All mindi trys to do is drive and the the big girls get a hand on the ball and its a turnover she only gets the foul called like every 5 drives.
[/quote]

Mindi should have more turnovers than anyone else on the team simply because she is the one who has to handle the ball when everyone else gets scared of the opponent. I hardly believe she has the most though. I will not say that Mindi has the most hustle, but Hatton needed to stay on the floor even after she got hurt. You may believe that Mindi's driving is pointless, but generally she either makes it, draws a foul, or passes it off to a teammate regardless of whether they can shoot or not. By driving, she also pulls the defense in so she can dish it out to the shooters (Means and Hollier) on the outside. Without someone penetrating, the outside shots wouldn't be as possible. Maybe more people should try to drive and dish out the ball like she does. . .

[quote name="rocknroll" post="736224" timestamp="1262136203"]
[quote author=sbash1994 link=topic=63927.msg736025#msg736025 date=1262110815]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mindi should have more turnovers than anyone else on the team simply because she is the one who has to handle the ball when everyone else gets scared of the opponent. I hardly believe she has the most though. I will not say that Mindi has the most hustle, but Hatton needed to stay on the floor even after she got hurt. You may believe that Mindi's driving is pointless, but generally she either makes it, draws a foul, or passes it off to a teammate regardless of whether they can shoot or not. By driving, she also pulls the defense in so she can dish it out to the shooters (Means and Hollier) on the outside. Without someone penetrating, the outside shots wouldn't be as possible. Maybe more people should try to drive and dish out the ball like she does. . .
[/quote]You need to take a good look at some stats from this tourney. the games I watched (hardin and
deweyville) mindi had 8 un forced TO's in the 1st quarter aginst hardin. That means throwing the ball to the wrong colored jersey's.Not all her fault though,she shouldnt be playing the 1 to start with she should be at the 2 or 3. As for as you saying anything about a young lady coming off the floor after being hurt
then you know little about the sport and need to stop show your IQ on this subject. As for as the team as a whole, it lacks leadership starting from the coach going right down to the last player on the bench. ;)

[quote name="court side" post="736838" timestamp="1262237590"]
[quote author=rocknroll link=topic=63927.msg736224#msg736224 date=1262136203]
[quote author=sbash1994 link=topic=63927.msg736025#msg736025 date=1262110815]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]You need to take a good look at some stats from this tourney. the games I watched (hardin and
deweyville) mindi had 8 un forced TO's in the 1st quarter aginst hardin. That means throwing the ball to the wrong colored jersey's.Not all her fault though,she shouldnt be playing the 1 to start with she should be at the 2 or 3. As for as you saying anything about a young lady coming off the floor after being hurt
then you know little about the sport and need to stop show your IQ on this subject. As for as the team as a whole, it lacks leadership starting from the coach going right down to the last player on the bench. ;)

[/quote]
As far as the leadership part i can agree with you a little, your def right about the coach he needs to be a better  leader as far as coaching. But to single out mindi and say she had 8 TOs in 1st Quarter is wrong, , she wasnt the only one to have a lot of them ,and it was only one bad game she had ... And she should be in the one spot cause nobody else would be able to handle it like she can

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami