gilmer and jasper

skipper

[quote name="skipper" post="732264" timestamp="1261084920"]
GUNHO.the tank at gilmer is dry belive me my uncle who is a life long fan of gilmer told me its going to be a long 2010 for them
[/quote]
Yeah, that is what they said two years ago and I think Gilmer has lost only one game in this two year span.  They WILL figure out a way to win.  Those guys are adaptable. 

Lifelong fan huh?  Does he remember the sub .500 years before Traylor got there?  Trust me, their team will be very competitive next year.  They may not have the guns they had this year, but they will be poised for another playoff run.  That football staff is one of the best around.  As a matter of fact, I think one of the coaches told me that they are 90-7 in the last 7 years.  That's impressive!  They will get their kids prepared.

[quote name="skipper" post="732264" timestamp="1261084920"]
GUNHO.the tank at gilmer is dry belive me my uncle who is a life long fan of gilmer told me its going to be a long 2010 for them
[/quote]

Skip,no disrespect to your uncle but there is a big difference between being a fan and knowing football.You should that from reading some of the post on this board. ;D

[quote name="GUNHO" post="732540" timestamp="1261147744"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=63920.msg732264#msg732264 date=1261084920]
[/quote]

Skip,no disrespect to your uncle but there is a big difference between being a fan and knowing football.You should that from reading some of the post on this board. ;D
[/quote]
Gunho, you might appreciate this.  Back in the Spring of 1986 a very good friend of mine, who had played football at Jasper, told me that Jasper's good football years were over.  They just did not have the talent like they had had in prior years.  Jasper had gone 4-5 in 85, their only "losing" year under Walkoviak.  Yet, as I am sure you remember, Jasper had one of its best years ever in 1986 and gave WO-S just about all it probably wanted to see from a "washed up program".

So, I will believe that Gilmer is "down" when I see it on the football field.

;D ;D well we will just haft to wait till 2010. i will say thay may be in the playoffs and thats about it.its going to be very hard to replace a QB that passed over 1,000 this  year and 33 TD.thats just for starters  and do think he had over 600 yards rushing 18 TDs are something like that lol. sorry for the spelling

[quote name="skipper" post="732901" timestamp="1261190540"]
;D ;D well we will just haft to wait till 2010. i will say thay may be in the playoffs and thats about it.its going to be very hard to replace a QB that passed over 1,000 this  year and 33 TD.thats just for starters  and do think he had over 600 yards rushing 18 TDs are something like that lol. sorry for the spelling
[/quote]

Gilmer Sophmore back up played most of the 4th qtr against Vega and he looks very impressive. Gilmer also had a ton of young players rotating in and out. Gilmer will be very good next year. They have more kids than you think. I think they had well over a 1oo kids on the side line. From what i saw I believe they will not miss a beat next year.

[quote name="jjspeed8" post="732976" timestamp="1261198047"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=63920.msg732901#msg732901 date=1261190540]
[/quote]

Gilmer Sophmore back up played most of the 4th qtr against Vega and he looks very impressive. Gilmer also had a ton of young players rotating in and out. Gilmer will be very good next year. They have more kids than you think. I think they had well over a 1oo kids on the side line. From what i saw I believe they will not miss a beat next year.

[/quote]
Now that, I do believe!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn