CAN 2010 KIRBYVILLE BASEBALL STUN SETX 2A Schools ?

[quote name="jackhammer" post="768747" timestamp="1267472468"]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=63787.msg768680#msg768680 date=1267467448]
[quote author=jackhammer link=topic=63787.msg768563#msg768563 date=1267456095]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=63787.msg768331#msg768331 date=1267395706]
I dont know the exact story but Holsomback and Head Coach Kevin Lane got into a arguement and Holsombeack drug up. All I have to say is it must have been something bad for holsomback to quit
[/quote]

Lack of mental toughness???  Just a thought.
[/quote]
not the holmback i know
[/quote]

It was just a thought.  What happened to the coach just get on him or did the coach touch him?  I don't know him but it sounds like he got his feelings hurt.  It says he quit right in the middle of the game?  Maybe suck it up a little bit???   Finishing the game with your teammates seems like a very unselfish and noble thing to do. 
[/quote]

Where does it say he got up in the middle of the game and quit?  Didn't see a post on that.  You the coach?

I know Holden.  He is an exceptional young man.  Yes, he is a good ball player.  But more importantly, he is an incredible young man.  I know the story on his leaving, but will not post it here.

I think it is pathetic to question the mental toughness of a 16 year old kid on a blog like this.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  But let me tell you about Holden.  He is incredibly tough.  I have had the honor of playing against him and having him play for us this past Fall on Gladiators.  Holden has had many games where he is bordering on heat exhaustion.  He plays hard to the point of vomiting during the game.  The coach recognizes he is experiencing heat exhaustion and pulls him from the game.  Holden begs to go back in to help his team.  At practice, the kid works his tail off.  DO NOT QUESTION THE MENTAL TOUGHNESS OF HOLDEN.  You will only embarrass yourself.  He is a class act on the field and off.

Jackhammer, how dare you question the integrity of a young man, 16 years old, on a public blog like this one...especially when it is Holden Holsemback.  He is a class act!!  Administrator, is this really what this blog is about?  Ripping a 16 year old kid who is working hard to make himself better?  There are other circumstances at work here.  Keep an eye on this team.  You will see it is not a player, but a program at fault here.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy Bmtball, Jack is not the coach.

I have had the honor of having coached Holden and taught him in the classroom as well.  Holden is a talented and hard working young man, and everything you said is true about his work ethic.  I love Holden to death and even though Holden does work hard, he can be a little hard headed sometimes.

I also know the Kirbyville coach, and he can be hard headed, controlling and stubborn at times but he is knowledgeable about the game and his heart and intentions are in the right place.

Holden, and the rest of the team needs to realize that they are playing high school ball now not select.  In select, you can just go play for another team if he does not like the coach. In high school you don't have that luxury. A high school coach has a strong influence on your future (scholarships).

You don't have to like the coach, but you must respect him. The name on the jersey says "KIRBYVILLE WILDCATS" and that is who you are playing for.

From what i understand Lane yelled in Holdens face telling him his effort was poor and he needed to quit letting other people coach him. Holden is great ball player and he has a future. And i agree with you bmtball Holden is a great kid that is dedicated to baseball. With or without highschool ball holden will make it somewhere. He has that fire in his eyes whenever he takes the field to push himself till he cant take it anymore. This wont be the last you hear of Holden Holsomback.

[quote name="strosfan" post="769610" timestamp="1267552682"]
Oh my goodness this has to be some kind of a joke!!! ARE YOU PEOPLE SERIOUS... Kirbyville has only one decent pitcher and with the loss of thier catcher there is no chance ... maybe next year guys im sorry  ??? ??? ??? ???
[/quote]You are wrong there. they will have a better record than those stros you are so proud of. They have the talent to compete. This group has beatten many good programs. Jasper many of times, Silsbee, Buna and won district as a JV group last year. They wil do well as long as they stay focused on their goal!!!

[quote name="bmtball" post="769237" timestamp="1267500805"]
[quote author=jackhammer link=topic=63787.msg768747#msg768747 date=1267472468]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=63787.msg768680#msg768680 date=1267467448]
[quote author=jackhammer link=topic=63787.msg768563#msg768563 date=1267456095]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=63787.msg768331#msg768331 date=1267395706]
I dont know the exact story but Holsomback and Head Coach Kevin Lane got into a arguement and Holsombeack drug up. All I have to say is it must have been something bad for holsomback to quit
[/quote]

Lack of mental toughness???  Just a thought.
[/quote]
not the holmback i know
[/quote]

It was just a thought.  What happened to the coach just get on him or did the coach touch him?  I don't know him but it sounds like he got his feelings hurt.  It says he quit right in the middle of the game?  Maybe suck it up a little bit???   Finishing the game with your teammates seems like a very unselfish and noble thing to do. 
[/quote]

Where does it say he got up in the middle of the game and quit?  Didn't see a post on that.  You the coach?

I know Holden.  He is an exceptional young man.  Yes, he is a good ball player.  But more importantly, he is an incredible young man.  I know the story on his leaving, but will not post it here.

I think it is pathetic to question the mental toughness of a 16 year old kid on a blog like this.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  But let me tell you about Holden.  He is incredibly tough.  I have had the honor of playing against him and having him play for us this past Fall on Gladiators.  Holden has had many games where he is bordering on heat exhaustion.  He plays hard to the point of vomiting during the game.  The coach recognizes he is experiencing heat exhaustion and pulls him from the game.  Holden begs to go back in to help his team.  At practice, the kid works his tail off.  DO NOT QUESTION THE MENTAL TOUGHNESS OF HOLDEN.  You will only embarrass yourself.  He is a class act on the field and off.

Jackhammer, how dare you question the integrity of a young man, 16 years old, on a public blog like this one...especially when it is Holden Holsemback.  He is a class act!!  Administrator, is this really what this blog is about?  Ripping a 16 year old kid who is working hard to make himself better?  There are other circumstances at work here.  Keep an eye on this team.  You will see it is not a player, but a program at fault here.
[/quote]

Easy there.  No I'm not a coach.  Just a fan of Kirbyville High School athletics.  It was inferred earlier that this happened during a game unless I misconstrued what it said.  If I did, I apologize.  Maybe it was BEFORE a game or AFTER a game or maybe a practice.  Who knows?  Enlighten me.  You seem to know so much about the situation. 

When answering the post with just a QUESTION not A PROCLAMATION, I was actually referring to people who quit things as a lack of mental toughness in the form of a question and I wasn't isolating a 16 year old boy. 

[u][size=16pt][b]JUST LEAVE THE KID ALONE[/b].[/size] [/u] Its his life let him live it. Everyone makes mistakes and i guarantee from how ive seen holden play and practice that him quiting is not a mistake. Sure highschool helps you get scholarships but in a little town like Kirbyville its hard to get noticed. So i respect Holden on his decision.

First of all I think the kid is great.  Has a great work ethic, great manors and has natural leadership skills.  

To think this decision not to play high school is not a big deal is ludicrous.
Who is the first person a scout is going to talk to???   What is that person going to say??
If a scout hears that he drug up when a coach chewed on his rear, do you think they will take him???  Do you think those college coaches are different??? No they are not……… In fact they are tougher.

I really hope Holden rethinks his situation.

[quote name="Slugger2010" post="769805" timestamp="1267584763"]
[u][size=16pt][b]JUST LEAVE THE KID ALONE[/b].[/size] [/u] Its his life let him live it. Everyone makes mistakes and i guarantee from how ive seen holden play and practice that him quiting is not a mistake. Sure highschool helps you get scholarships but in a little town like Kirbyville its hard to get noticed. So i respect Holden on his decision.
[/quote]

I'm putting the kid aside.  That part is over.  He's a good kid.  I'm leaving him out of it never to be brought up again.

BUT NOW I'M TURNING MY ATTENTION TO YOU SLUGGER AND HERE IS MY QUESTION:  You believe it is okay to quit when the going gets tough?  You don't believe in the statement "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."  Correct?  You advocate quitting when you don't get your way or if you get some negative feedback.  If you get yelled at by a superior because they're trying to make you better.  You need to be coddled and have your self-esteem stroked.  You don't believe in being tough on kids so they can advance through the tough times when they arise.  Poor, poor me.  Don't pick on me.  I can't take it.  That's your philosphy, correct? 

I guess the time never change at KV..  Lots of players have quit.  I think Lane knows his stuff, but for some reason he really has a hard time dealing with players who get help away from his oversight.  One should never let pride get in the way of common sense.  There is always someone out there who knows more than you.

[quote name="tandafantasyfootball" post="771277" timestamp="1267810940"]
Ive seen the Kirbyville coaching first hand and let me tell its awful. The boys will have to do it on shear talent and will because the coaching is not there. Ive seen better coaching at the tee ball level . You dont call kids out and embarrass them on the field like he does. Need new baseball coaches here in kirbyville
[/quote]

Cats 10  Horns 5
Poor coaching last night, looks like.
Kids played great and the coach called an aggressive game.
Catcher did a great job behind the plate and at the plate.
Tyler D. owned the hill.
Jones great plays at 3rd.
Everybody hit the ball.
Fun game to watch from a fan's perspective!

The only baseball thing in Kirbyville that needs an overhaul is the rooty poot little league program.

JMO

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont